Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Stormy2
    • By Stormy2 1st Jan 18, 5:06 PM
    • 45Posts
    • 26Thanks
    Stormy2
    Britannia Parking Final Reminder
    • 1st Jan 18, 5:06 PM
    Britannia Parking Final Reminder 1st Jan 18 at 5:06 PM
    Hello,

We received a Final Reminder from Britannia Parking today. This ticket relates to Saturday 2nd December when the driver parked our car in a college carpark ran by them. The driver put in the correct money for the time we spent there having to put in our car reg details. Signs on the wall state "You do not have to display your ticket" The driver collected our car within the time specified and there was no letter/ticket on our dashboard. We never received anything prior to this Final Demand which states we are now past the discounted period and they are asking for us to pay them £160. They are threatening us with passing this to a Debt Recovery Agent and telling us to go online to pay them which will incur a further £1.50 for fees. We are simply not liable for anything here and would appreciate any help you could give us.

With thanks
    Last edited by Stormy2; 29-01-2018 at 11:47 AM.
Page 6
    • Stormy2
    • By Stormy2 21st Feb 18, 10:51 AM
    • 45 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    Stormy2
    Hello to everybody who has helped me so far,

I received an email from POPLA y'day showing me a detailed report back from Brit Parking with 'evidence' 'proving' that the driver did not pay for said parking. This is untrue but there are photos of signs all over showing £100 fine which disputes part of my claim.. photos of ticket machine print outs without our reg in there, a letter showing they had rights given to contact DVLA and a multitude of other 'proof'. Also copies of the first letters never received by us. If I was lost before I am completely lost now. The ticket was bought as I have said all along... all parts of the PoPLA return I copied have been counterclaimed on. Today I have had an envelope which I just signed for arrive with all copies of said documents. Can anybody help me further? Thank you in advance.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 21st Feb 18, 10:55 AM
    • 34,575 Posts
    • 18,562 Thanks
    Quentin
    How to deal with the ppcs poplA response is covered in the Newbies FAQ thread (#3)
    • Stormy2
    • By Stormy2 21st Feb 18, 11:15 AM
    • 45 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    Stormy2
    ok.. I did look and couldn't find it. I find the whole #3 thing hard as no numbers... so many links. I'll try again and if nothing I'll just have to reply myself. Only have a week to do it. Thank you.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 21st Feb 18, 11:33 AM
    • 34,575 Posts
    • 18,562 Thanks
    Quentin
    Each post in a thread is numbered. The first in each thread is #1.

This post is #104 in your thread
    • Stormy2
    • By Stormy2 21st Feb 18, 11:35 AM
    • 45 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    Stormy2
    Second attempt at finding anything that would help me deal with this mountain of paperwork apparently proving that everything in that template that I copied is counter claimed has again drawn a blank. Probably my fault but to be honest the entire thing is making me ill. Way too much stress. The driver bought a ticket. It doesn't seem to matter either way. I can't deal with this any more. Thanks for the help given.. sad to say they won! We will only use car parks with a barrier in future to stop us being scammed like this again.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd Feb 18, 1:14 AM
    • 54,129 Posts
    • 67,793 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Second attempt at finding anything that would help me deal with this mountain of paperwork apparently proving that everything in that template that I copied is counter claimed has again drawn a blank
    Wow you are easily impressed by a pile of template drivel...PPCs always do this.

The paperwork is not that impressive, apart from photos, it is all the same every time. You're allowing your judgement to be clouded by bulk papers!

PLEASE don't tell us you just paid, pointlessly, when POPLA might be about to tell you that you won? What will you do if POPLA now say next week, that you won?

And it's only non-scary, little old 'Britannia' a firm who nobody here pays, even if POPLA give a decision the wrong way.

In POPLA Decisions (top of the forum) two posters have just posted about their POPLA wins v Britannia, in the past 24 hours.

Their posts were up there already for you to read yesterday (I read them then, you could have done as well) and they both provide links to their Britannia POPLA threads, which show how they did a really simple list of 'comments on the evidence', which is the stage you are at.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 22-02-2018 at 1:18 AM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

207Posts Today

1,486Users online

Martin's Twitter