Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DavidWFC
    • By DavidWFC 1st Jan 18, 2:42 PM
    • 53Posts
    • 40Thanks
    DavidWFC
    Sky Multiscreen
    • 1st Jan 18, 2:42 PM
    Sky Multiscreen 1st Jan 18 at 2:42 PM
    Firstly, happy new year everyone!

I'm just wondering if anyone got any tips for getting discount on Sky Multiroom, looking to get Sky in the bedroom as the signal in the area is poor on a portable Arial.
Page 1
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 1st Jan 18, 5:08 PM
    • 8,709 Posts
    • 5,161 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 1st Jan 18, 5:08 PM
    • 1st Jan 18, 5:08 PM
    Firstly, happy new year everyone!

I'm just wondering if anyone got any tips for getting discount on Sky Multiroom, looking to get Sky in the bedroom as the signal in the area is poor on a portable Arial.
    Originally posted by DavidWFC
    They are no longer providing HD+ boxes for new customers, so it's unlikely that they will provide matching multiroom boxes, especially with a discount , even though you are a current customer. Any stock they have will cover people who have the service already.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 2nd Jan 18, 1:10 AM
    • 19,102 Posts
    • 10,278 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 2nd Jan 18, 1:10 AM
    • 2nd Jan 18, 1:10 AM
    Originally posted by DavidWFC
    Since they are currently pushing Sky Q mini-boxes as a replacement for Multi-Room, I doubt you'll get any discount on a new Sky+HD set up in another room. As already noted, new customers don't even have the option of Sky+HD anymore.

You might be able to get a discount on Sky Q and minibox, but it will doubtless tie you in to a new eighteen month contract.
    • Sparkiee
    • By Sparkiee 4th Jan 18, 7:13 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Sparkiee
    • 4th Jan 18, 7:13 AM
    • 4th Jan 18, 7:13 AM
    You could always get a magic eye and run an aerial cable from your box to the other TV. Itís a bit of a pain and not quite multi room but it is free and works quite well.
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 6th Jan 18, 9:05 PM
    • 361 Posts
    • 197 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    • 6th Jan 18, 9:05 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 9:05 PM
    You'll unlikely get a discount.

Multiroom is £12 per month.

You may get a discount on the cost of the mini boxes buy you'll need to ask and not expect a yes
    • Silvertabby
    • By Silvertabby 6th Jan 18, 9:17 PM
    • 2,114 Posts
    • 2,810 Thanks
    Silvertabby
    • 6th Jan 18, 9:17 PM
    • 6th Jan 18, 9:17 PM
    You could always get a magic eye and run an aerial cable from your box to the other TV. It’s a bit of a pain and not quite multi room but it is free and works quite well. Posted by Sparkiee
    We used to have this in the kitchen - works perfectly if you can ignore the cable from the main sky+ box to the kitchen tv.

We now have SkyQ and it's much better .
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,011Posts Today

8,701Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @RobiMous2: Yesterday I saved myself £30 a month by switching utilities and cancelling a sim no one in the family used anymore. Inspired?

• RT @elainelawro: @MartinSLewis When I lost my mum suddenly from a burst aneurysm on the brain I was unaware that my mum had signed up to do?

• RT @AlisonKinder: @MartinSLewis I?m on my second kidney transplant in Thirty years. My life has been changed beyond recognition twice by th?

• Follow Martin