Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Natty68
    • By Natty68 31st Dec 17, 5:47 PM
    • 2,428Posts
    • 34,967Thanks
    Natty68
    Weekly Flylady Thread 1st January 2018
    • 31st Dec 17, 5:47 PM
    Weekly Flylady Thread 1st January 2018 31st Dec 17 at 5:47 PM
    FIRST FULL THREAD OF 2018

May I wish each and everyone of you, regulars, oldies, newbies, returners and lurkers a very Happy 2018 may it be filled with happiness and not too much dust.

This week will see a LOT of newcomers which happens every year, sadly many of these ladies and gents do not stay long. This influx usually means the thread is very very busy, please do not lose heart if you cannot keep up with everyone else or reading the thread, don't try to reply to everyone and please remember to include something about flying in your posts, chat is for the weekend when your home is looking beautiful!!! Things will settle again in a couple of weeks so don't worry it will return to normal and we will hopefully have some new fledglings.

What is FLYLADY? Well, it's our version of the US flylady idea - but we work on the principle that housework is not fun, it's boring, can be time-consuming, is often thankless but, unfortunately, necessary. It's here on Old Style to provide the support we all need and to make the whole task easier and quicker. We also accept that, sometimes, life just gets on top of us and we can't keep up, maybe because we're time-poor, not in the best of health and/or we have littlies who need us. We are definitely NOT control freaks aiming for perfection and utterly spotless show-homes.

Welcome to the weekly Flylady Thread. You're more than welcome to join us in the everlasting battle against dust, grime and gibble. The aim of our thread is to make those onerous tasks less daunting, and to support each other - and to make time for the finer things in life!

Thank you Valli for last week's thread

Please follow the forum rules on this thread as Flylady has been here a LONG time and is a fabulous support and resource for lots of us. All posts should have some Flylady-related (ooh a compound adjective) content!

There are 3 levels per day deepening on how much time you have. Feel free to mix and match to suit your own personal circumstances.

Every room comes back around next week so please don’t stress about catching up.

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer![/color]

Some of our abbreviations: DH- dear husband, OH- other half, KH/CF- affectionate term for ex husband or partner DS/DD- dear son/daughter, DGC- dear grandchild, WM- washing machine, DW- dishwasher, LR/DR- living/dining room, RoD- room of doom, Mr S/A/T/M/L/Al- supermarkets Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Aldi. You get the picture!

MAD half hour- Mad is the abbreviation for Make A Difference.
    The idea is that you have a Forth bridge (ie never-ending - or just huge) task but that you work on it in half-hour bursts. This way you know you ARE stooping, and that you won't get it finished but you will make a difference - so it might be clearing out - the garage or shed, or clothes sorting, or weeding - you get the picture - but rather than keep going until you've lost the will to live you do half an hour...but, eventually those half hours will get the job done!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

Mondayday - New Year's Day
    Just some bits and pieces for those in the mood, if not have the day off ready to start tomorrow. Remember to spend sometime with family/friends if you like that sort of thing.

Hoover out smoke alarms and test
    Put up those calenders for the new year
    Update calendar/diary with all those important dates
    Delete some emails/favourites
    Back up photos from phone/laptop etc, enjoy looking over some
    Put away any glasses used last night
    Hoover any areas in dire need
    S&S toilets and sinks if required
    Sort out that drawer/cupboard/shelf which has been on your list forever.

No Laundry – you don’t want to wash away any good luck.

Write a list of 5 things you do that make you happy and 5 that make you sad. Ponder on how to do more of the first list and less of the latter.

Tuesday ~ Kitchen and Living Room

Level One
    S&S Kitchen
    Empty out bins
    Wipe/scrub sink
    Level Two
    Straighten up cushions/covers/displaced toys etc..
    Move clutter so you can vacuum under it
    Vacuum and wipe (if needed) sofas
    Dust any areas below eye level
    Find homes for new appliances/books that you may have received for Christmas
    Level Three
    Dust anything above eye level (if safe to do so)
    Clear anything that shouldn't be where it is..maybe the Christmas tree if don’t want to wait till 12th night
    Look for the good in others and notice their strengths..

Extra Mission Tasks - as usual if you fancy tackling something else you could try one or more of these
    • Check the useby dates on stuff in fridge, double check your fruit bowl – do you need to get rid of anything furry or a funny colour?
    • Wipe the bits next to the steps on the stairs, yours might be skirting board, edging of some sort, grab a cloth and give it a wipe

Wednesday ~ Master Bedroom & Landing
    Level 1

Check fire alarms are working
    Remove and wash bed linen.
    Level 2
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs..
    Vacuum mattress before replacing with fresh linen, air the bed if possible
    15 minutes floordrobe clearance
    Level 3
    Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing
    Sort one area of clothes or linen storage making sure only what should be in there is, anything that's had it's day or doesn't belong there is removed
    Clear a hotspot., or spend 15 minutes clearing one.
    Do three extra acts of kindess fpr other people.

Extra tasks list, as usual choose one or more
    • 27 fling boogie time, time for that midweek fling, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    • Clean windows in these rooms
    • Check the airing cupboard, anything that is way past it's use by (maybe recycle for rags if possible, you could donate old sheets oor towels to a local animal rescue for bedding)
    • Clean tops of wardrobes and drawers (if safe to do so, no pregnant flyladies on ladders please delegate the job instead)
    • Check through undies drawers, anything more holy than the church which needs to go/be repaired? Anyone need anything replacing?
    • Give everyone at home a bag to collect the things which belong to them that are not where they should be, give them 15 minutes to find them all and put them away You could threaten to bin whatever is left if they don't seeing as everyones being quite ruthless this week
    Thursday ~ Childrens/spare rooms
    Level One...
    The most important task first.. make time for yourself.. a haircut, manicure, or just a relaxing bath in peace!
    Strip, wash and replace bedding
    Level Two...
    Sort through a box of toys/shelf/cupboard see if you can fit in some of the christmas stash
    Tidy a chest of drawers
    Vacuum, even if it means kicking all the mess into a corner heap!
    Level Three..
    Binbag Dance.. fling those broken things and empty packaging!
    Wash windows and sills, and curtains and blinds!
    Make sure games are in boxes and books are straight on shelves
    Extras
    • Wash stinky pet beds/houses
    • Dust all the light fittings
    • Chase appointments/put off call and emails/catch up with a friend you have been putting off
    • Check when appointments are due for dentist, opticians, smears etc.. Make notes in diaries/calendars

Friday ~ Bathroom and study/pc area
    Level One
    Declutter floors and chairs and pile all the paperwork in one heap
    Clear desk of papers and junk.. give it a good wipe
    Level Two...
    Wipe mouse, keyboard and polish screens while pc runs defrag.
    Declutter 50 emails, 5 dead links and any unused programs.. make backup disc of pics etc.. just in case!
    Scrub bath, loo, sinks, showers
    Level Three...
    Wash shower curtains/mat etc that are grotty
    Clean paintwork and shine mirrors
    Empty and wash out bins
    Extras
    • Sort through that pile of hotspots!
    • Make room in the bathroom for your new christmas smellies! and get them installed
    • Clean radiators.. don't forget the back (sock on a stick/coat hanger!)
    • Get those christmas 'Thank you's' sent out!
    Last edited by Natty68; 04-01-2018 at 9:17 PM.

Struggling financially

Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
Page 13
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 6th Jan 18, 7:59 PM
    • 36,270 Posts
    • 467,515 Thanks
    pigpen

Soo sorry to read the news re your DS1 Pigpen - hope he's okay - and congrats on the new addition to the family
    Originally posted by lynnejk
    thank you

Well he was literally laid in the middle of a busy junction when DD1 got to him and has cigarette burns on his face so we are guessing not.. but he will be.. he is being looked after. Joys of having a gaggle of siblings and extended family to rally around in times of need.

Parenting never gets any easier does it? I have his wages and his bank card here so he can't just go get utterly wasted and behave entirely stupidly..
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    06/06/2017 £56823.12 (5.15% int.)
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 6th Jan 18, 8:17 PM
    • 828 Posts
    • 3,705 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    7/7 bullet journal jobs completed today. And some lovely activities with Pickle.

Jobs today included:

Dry washing away
    Carbonara for tea
    Tidy the hallway - I've done this but it doesn't look much different as hubby's tool cases for work seem to have multiplied. Don't know what to do about this, hubby has no issue with it!
    Sorted A 'box of doom' everything put away properly.
    Brought some books down from the loft for the new bookcase (this will be ongoing for a few days, just doing a few at a time)
    Sorted Pickle's nursery bag out and topped up the nappy & wipe supply that need going with him on Tuesday.

Tomorrow is very task light, deliberately. Hopefully a long, relaxing evening (especially as it's a slow cooker tea tomorrow)

Have a good evening everyone.
    The 100 payment countdown (each payment = £400) 2018 Starts at 13/100 o/s £34,750.
    Term Mortgage free date: October 2029 Current mortgage free date: April 2025 March 2025
    MFW 2018 Challenge Member #162 0/£2,500
    • ionafan
    • By ionafan 6th Jan 18, 8:24 PM
    • 2,319 Posts
    • 34,661 Thanks
    ionafan
    Hovel to Haven? Shorter and, therefore, easier to type!!!
    Originally posted by froddington
    And, if you want to, you can abbreviate it to H2H

Not sure on the best way to tackle it - I was thinking of using the spare room as a dumping ground for stuff from everywhere else which can then be sorted and housed / sold / dumped / given away bit by bit. That would give me room to properly clean and sort the other rooms without the clutter that currently puts me off.
    If you're doing that, at least have a very quick sort through before dumping rubbish in there. Have a big box for eBay items, another for CS donations, another for papers for shredding, etc, then you can tackle them a bit at a time.

I will probably end up writing a list of every little thing that needs doing in each room / area so I can see progress as I cross things off even if I've only done one or two small jobs in a day.
    That's exactly what I did when I left teaching. I found the crossing off very encouraging, and I did get my house sorted properly in only a few weeks.

Phew, Jojo, I spend about 3 minutes doing my stairs from top to bottom. Don't think I've ever done them in all that detail!

Pigpen, the Germans have a proverb which translates as "Little children, little worries; big children, big worries." It's good that your other children are willing and able to help look after him.

Still haven't done my diary, but we have eaten and I have made a shopping list and read the meters.

Will see you all on the new thread tomorrow, if not before x
    Wannabe Slinky! Target 10 st 10 lb
    02/01/2018: 11 st 10.5 lb
    09/01/2018: 11 st 5 lb
    16/01/2018: 11 st 2.5 lb
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 6th Jan 18, 8:41 PM
    • 23,529 Posts
    • 91,828 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted

Phew, Jojo, I spend about 3 minutes doing my stairs from top to bottom. Don't think I've ever done them in all that detail!

Will see you all on the new thread tomorrow, if not before x
    Originally posted by ionafan
    I'm taking it from the starting point of them never having been done 'properly' and being somewhat out of control - the type of situation where somebody could easily think 'I have no idea where to start' or takes on too much in one go and rapidly loses the will to live. It's how I'd explain the process to Himself, as he really seems to find doing things methodically utterly impossible.

After a fortifying cuppa (and a very edible meal where he used up some frozen meatballs instead of mince), I dared myself to go back into the kitchen.

Miraculously, it appears that he's beginning to get the idea of putting peelings and scraps into the bin as he goes along. The small amount of leftover pasta in the pan will be snuck out for the birds in the morning and, although he hadn't washed up, the things that were there had been put neatly beside the sink, rather than scattered about or left to begin the next noxious bowlful, so I washed up, then resealed and put the salad leaves back in the fridge.

What I failed to notice is that, whilst looking for something in the cupboard under the stairs, I dumped the super expensive cat bed that the Idiot Cat originally loved but refused to even look at once I moved it six inches, on the coffee table. He's been offered it every six months or so and refused it every time for the last four years.

In the five minutes it was plonked on the coffee table, he decided it's the Best Bed Ever and has been curled up in it for the last hour and a half. My feet are unclawed. The Grumpy Fluffy
    Cat is unmolested.

I might never move it again.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 6th Jan 18, 8:49 PM
    • 9,415 Posts
    • 119,397 Thanks
    kazwookie
    Evening

Decrations and tree down, packed up, just need to go into loft OH will do this tomorrow or so he says.

Dinner done
    Work done

Hugs all round
    Sun, Sea
    • Valli
    • By Valli 6th Jan 18, 10:44 PM
    • 20,251 Posts
    • 230,166 Thanks
    Valli
    I am thrilled to report the old cat stayed in for most of the day; ventured outside BUT HAS COME AGAIN AND GONE UPSTAIRS OF HER OWN ACCORD. This is a major triumph.
    She is allowed to sleep on DS's bed. She's in. We're so pleased; it's been a long haul.
    Make two - and freeze one!
    Don't put it DOWN - put it AWAY!
    DEBT ATTACK - Debts to attack 1-£6150.87 24/04/2017 £5303.03 22/07/2017 BT -
    £5342.65
    2 Virgin CC £585.88 31/7/2017 £494.88 11/8/2017
    • YORKSHIRELASS
    • By YORKSHIRELASS 6th Jan 18, 10:47 PM
    • 4,437 Posts
    • 36,515 Thanks
    YORKSHIRELASS
    Pigpen, the Germans have a proverb which translates as "Little children, little worries; big children, big worries."
    Originally posted by ionafan
    Oh this is so true. I had no idea that once they were adults I would worry about them so much. And of course they know far more about the world than we do! Hope everything is OK Pigpen.

DS1 gone to the pub. DS2 gone to his GFs, we have been chilling in front of the fire with the telly on. DHs turn to do the taxi run.

Just thinking about people wanting to clear out/tidy their homes. I strongly recommend decluttering as a first step. It sounds a bit dramatic but the Kon Mari book changed my life! There is no point in just moving clutter from one place to another - and if your cupboards and storage spaces are full of stuff that you never use your house will never be tidy.
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 6th Jan 18, 11:24 PM
    • 36,270 Posts
    • 467,515 Thanks
    pigpen
    I spoke to DS1 again and his stupid phone died again.. so I text him and reminded him how many people have rallied around for him today, how many are worried about him, how many people cared enough to visit and call.. a random guy in the pub he tried picking a fight with just hugged him tight and said nothing. Another person tried persuading him to get out of the road he was lying in.. people who don't know him showed compassion.. I reminded him of this and he has had a nap, he woke up to my brother in the house, he left his partner and week old baby home to go be there for DS1.. he just sat and hugged him until he was all cried out..

He rang me again to tell me he never knew how loved he is and that he appreciates everything and everyone and is feeling better.. at that moment in time.. we don't believe it will last but he has gone to the pub where DD2 is working and she will bring him home or stay at his and be with him tonight..

He is a total douchebag and has so many people who love and care for him.. I'm glad he can see that!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    06/06/2017 £56823.12 (5.15% int.)
    • MrsChaos
    • By MrsChaos 6th Jan 18, 11:25 PM
    • 2,014 Posts
    • 40,928 Thanks
    MrsChaos
    Just a quick comment to add to the H2H and decluttering conversation.

KonMari is great, but the effort, time and space I would need to collect all items of a particular kind in one place in order to go through them in one sitting is simply prohibitive (unless I declutter a lot first).

I was advised once to start with peripheral storage. If that is cleared and organised, then the process of tidying becomes easier, as everything can be found a home straight away. No immediately obvious progress this way, though.

ETA You posted as I was typing, pigpen. I hope that things will get easier for our DS1 soon (and for all of your family). Shows just what strong family values are!
    Last edited by MrsChaos; 06-01-2018 at 11:28 PM.
    • nannygladys
    • By nannygladys 6th Jan 18, 11:27 PM
    • 1,144 Posts
    • 12,341 Thanks
    nannygladys
    Hi everyone
    Hope everyone is feeling a little better/positive tonight and hugs to everyone who needs them.
    I s&s the bathroom which is still lovely after yesterday and tonight tidied my craft room, it didn't take that long and I now know what I can do before buying anymore material or wool. I have started my bedroom and I will get it finished tomorrow and then move back into it, had visitors in there all over Xmas so taking the opportunity to give it a good going over.
    Tomorrow I will also make some soup and perhaps a cottage pie that will last a couple of days.
    Oh and slinky wise, I have recently lost a stone and a half and this year I would like to lose another three stone and then I should weigh about right! But it could be a little less weight or more, it depends how I feel and look. Ok off to bed, this not sleeping very well is annoying me and I'm hoping it's just reaction to a very busy Xmas.
    Nannyg
    Mortgage free and debt free but only income is state pension so need to be frugal
    • Honey Bear
    • By Honey Bear 7th Jan 18, 1:21 AM
    • 4,744 Posts
    • 47,821 Thanks
    Honey Bear
    Hovel to Haven? Shorter and, therefore, easier to type!!!

Not sure on the best way to tackle it - I was thinking of using the spare room as a dumping ground for stuff from everywhere else which can then be sorted and housed / sold / dumped / given away bit by bit. That would give me room to properly clean and sort the other rooms without the clutter that currently puts me off.

I will probably end up writing a list of every little thing that needs doing in each room / area so I can see progress as I cross things off even if I've only done one or two small jobs in a day.
    I've been using your approach Frodders, and it's worked very well up to a point for me. I've now got a bit of a problem with what to do with the leftovers of the series of culls in my Room of Doom that I simply cannot decide about. Given that was the problem with the entire house four years ago and is now reduced to one shelf and one drawer the size of a shoebox, I reckon it was the right method for me to begin with. I just need to change my strategy now because I've been stuck with that shelf and drawer for about 18 months.

Thanks to everyone for the Hovel to Heaven (aka H2H) suggestions.

I'm going to follow Jojo's absolutely excellent suggestions for the stairs and landings as a jumping off point because they're prefect for me and for this house.

I've dejunked, sorted, washed and cleaned for four years and it's gradually been getting better all round, but if I carry one as I was, it will never be 'done' and I need it to be, so that I can concentrate on other things. Kondo-ing isn't for me at this stage - I amazoned and donated my excess books before Marie K reached puberty, I've declobbered all my excess clothes, shoes and bags, etc etc. I'm technically on the home straight having sorted nearly every drawer and cupboard in the house over the past few months although I've still got a few to go. I still haven't cleared my In Tray, having almost done so a few weeks ago but I think I will have by the end of January. Once I've got to this stage with everything it never goes back to being anywhere near as bad as it was, but it's still not quite 'done' and I need to start this final push with a plan.

I'll be able to compile a Toots List as I work my way through, which has never been on my agenda because it would have been a thoroughy demotivating book the size of War and Peace. Otherwise I'll get bogged down working on one area and I can always do things like touch up skirtingboard paintwork top to bottom in one hit rather than one flight of stairs at a time.

I hate sanding down window frames but I know that'll have to be done on several, as well.

(((Hugs))) for Pigpen's DS1.

OH said he had an absolutely brilliant birthday, so that was a day really well spent.
    Last edited by Honey Bear; 07-01-2018 at 1:23 AM.
    Keeping it AF
    • ionafan
    • By ionafan 7th Jan 18, 6:55 AM
    • 2,319 Posts
    • 34,661 Thanks
    ionafan

Many Happy Returns of yesterday to your DH, Honey Bear. Apologies for having missed it - my memory is pants, which is why I normally write everything down on long lists! [/I]

Woke up earlier than I wanted to this morning, so I will plod on with diary and emails before breakfast.
    Wannabe Slinky! Target 10 st 10 lb
    02/01/2018: 11 st 10.5 lb
    09/01/2018: 11 st 5 lb
    16/01/2018: 11 st 2.5 lb
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 7th Jan 18, 8:00 AM
    • 4,138 Posts
    • 48,943 Thanks
    Jazee
    Morning everyone. Hope today is better for you Piggers.

I'm being quiet as DH is still in bed and have just had the first cuppa of the day. No real plans for today. Need to walk dogs and maybe do some of the maybe list jobs, and I'm being taken out for a meal by DH.

Have a great day everyone.
    Savings 2018: £1.44 Savings 2017: £13449.71
    Flylady Slinkie Wannabee: Start weight (1/1/18) 12st 2lbs - Current weight 12st 0lbs

• roundtuit
    • By roundtuit 7th Jan 18, 9:04 AM
    • 473 Posts
    • 7,329 Thanks
    roundtuit
    Morning

I'm several years behind you in the H2H challenge HB and I don't want to set an unrealistic schedule and doom myself to yet another failure. I've already started on the kitchen so my plan is finish the kitchen, then move on to living room. HSL, bathroom (at this stage not only would someone be able to visit but my mind won't be screaming 'please don't need the loo' (which is not conducive to relaxed chats and makes me look very inhospitable as I don't offer to put the kettle on in case it makes this inevitable: some people seem to have to evacuate the same amount as they imbibe almost immediately!) of course this is mostly from memory as only a very select and chosen few have made it past the doorstep for years - I am a visitor rather than visited ) Then I'll move on to the three bedrooms: mine, DS's (with his assistance) and the RoD2 before tackling the cupboard under the stairs (aka RoD1). That will just leave the two sheds to tackle. It may take more than a year but if I can when I get to the 'would you like to come over and use the bathroom if you need to stage' I'll consider H2H part 1 completed.

Today: Round 1=
    - WUDUPA (that'll be the dailies done )
    - laundry shuffle
    - Sweetie's seed and water

Rxx
    -
    Slinky Challenge 2018 target - lose 56 lbs
    Start Date: 02.01.18. Lost 7/56
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 7th Jan 18, 9:07 AM
    • 9,415 Posts
    • 119,397 Thanks
    kazwookie
    Valli glad the cat seems ok

Piggers, hope your son takes on board how much folk have rallied around for him and love him.

Frosty here
    Cat has some how broken his cat flap! OH will fix late
    Lunch made for work

Laters
    Sun, Sea
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 7th Jan 18, 9:07 AM
    • 828 Posts
    • 3,705 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    Please tell me, what's WUDUPA?

Many thanks
    Wish.
    The 100 payment countdown (each payment = £400) 2018 Starts at 13/100 o/s £34,750.
    Term Mortgage free date: October 2029 Current mortgage free date: April 2025 March 2025
    • Valli
    • By Valli 7th Jan 18, 9:11 AM
    • 20,251 Posts
    • 230,166 Thanks
    Valli
    Washed
    Up
    Dried
    Up
    Put
    Away

For many people the completion of all three steps at once is hard - personally I will happily wash up all day - I LOATHE the drying part.
    Make two - and freeze one!
    Don't put it DOWN - put it AWAY!
    DEBT ATTACK - Debts to attack 1-£6150.87 24/04/2017 £5303.03 22/07/2017 BT -
    £5342.65
    2 Virgin CC £585.88 31/7/2017 £494.88 11/8/2017
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 7th Jan 18, 9:12 AM
    • 828 Posts
    • 3,705 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    Ahhh thank you.
    Makes sense.
    • roundtuit
    • By roundtuit 7th Jan 18, 9:38 AM
    • 473 Posts
    • 7,329 Thanks
    roundtuit
    Round 1 done and a bag removed from the kitchen floor (H2H) Contents of bag - 3 plastic mixer jugs now soaking and will be WUDUPA (Wish ). DS insists they are all needed, and since they stack and fit in to the cupboard now designated as the'drinks' cupboard, I'm not going to argue.

This will be done and the contents of the next bag unearthed and appropriately dealt with as Round 2.

Back soon later (don't know what the next bag will contain )

Rxx
    Slinky Challenge 2018 target - lose 56 lbs
    Start Date: 02.01.18. Lost 7/56
    • funfairprincess
    • By funfairprincess 7th Jan 18, 9:39 AM
    • 1,709 Posts
    • 34,928 Thanks
    funfairprincess
    Morning my lovelies

Piggers sending big hugs to DS1 poor soul. I know he'll be well looked after.

Well as usual I've been a lazy moo and seriously need to get something done in this house so I'll be doing as much as possible today.

Going to stick the WM on and then decide which room of doom to start with.
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

174Posts Today

1,355Users online

Martin's Twitter