Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 31st Dec 17, 4:01 PM
    • 2,058Posts
    • 10,976Thanks
    kathrynha
    Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018
    • 31st Dec 17, 4:01 PM
    Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018 31st Dec 17 at 4:01 PM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables
    Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 53 lb
    Last updated: 6th February 2018
Page 84
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 13th Feb 18, 10:16 PM
    • 15,477 Posts
    • 189,808 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    My legs are truely dire
    Originally posted by beanielou
    I bet they are fine.

We all have things we hate.... my toe nails are falling off... yuck!
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 13th Feb 18, 10:20 PM
    • 3,322 Posts
    • 8,030 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    What sort of costume SSM? As in I can actually swimming in this costume or lounge by the pool and sometimes have a dip in the pool costume?
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - JD Williams
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 13th Feb 18, 10:22 PM
    • 50,533 Posts
    • 193,179 Thanks
    beanielou
    I bet they are fine.

We all have things we hate.... my toe nails are falling off... yuck!
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    So kind, but really they are dire.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 13th Feb 18, 10:56 PM
    • 15,477 Posts
    • 189,808 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    So kind, but really they are dire.
    Originally posted by beanielou
    Be careful, I may ask for proof!

• Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 13th Feb 18, 10:59 PM
    • 15,477 Posts
    • 189,808 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    I am now looking at swim costumes thinking... they have nice boobs!

God help me
    • maman
    • By maman 13th Feb 18, 11:14 PM
    • 17,544 Posts
    • 105,110 Thanks
    maman
    Well done lush

Oops 5 lb in for me. Need to try and get under control
    Originally posted by kathrynha
    It's probably just the NHS food catching up. You'll lose it soon.

Good NSV with the top lioness . Always a good feeling when someone notices the weightloss.
    • esmy
    • By esmy 13th Feb 18, 11:34 PM
    • 953 Posts
    • 3,527 Thanks
    esmy
    Ladies..... I need suggestions.......please

I need to find and buy some swimming costumes that were made by Jesus H Christ........ as they need to perform the miracle of:-

1. holding my stomach in.
    2. not high cut on the legs (it would just show the stomach)
    3 with a bra that goes to H cup.
    4. makes me look perfect
    5. that I get get out of to have a wee..... my pelvic floor is absolutely shot!
    6. That will avoid mutton dressed as lamb look.... but is fabulously classy and sexy (I know I am dreaming...!)
    Anything here??
    https://www.brastop.com/all-swimwear-bikini-swimsuits

As for going for a wee....who strips off to do this? Surely you just pull it to one side........
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 13th Feb 18, 11:40 PM
    • 15,477 Posts
    • 189,808 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Anything here??
    https://www.brastop.com/all-swimwear-bikini-swimsuits

As for going for a wee....who strips off to do this? Surely you just pull it to one side........
    Originally posted by esmy
    Thanks, I have already looked on this site, there is only one costume.

I've found this site

https://www.barenecessities.com

and chose 3 costumes (which does not feel extravagant for 5 weeks holiday) but nearly £300........... gorgeous but out of my range!
    • greentiger
    • By greentiger 14th Feb 18, 12:40 AM
    • 2,077 Posts
    • 15,079 Thanks
    greentiger
    Thanks, bubbs, beanie, Denise, tweets, Grey and maman.

I!!!8217;m not giving up anything for Lent. However, today I made 3 batches of pancakes !!!8211; one with each of my grandkids (saves arguments!). My halo is rather tarnished, TIE.

The sight of Poppy in a light blue coat would be rather traumatic for you, tweets.

Kathryn, I think we can all allow you your increase under the circumstances!

Well done, lush.

Congrats, Lioness, on NSV.

When you find that cozzy let me know, Sunshine. I!!!8217;d like one too (even with my horrid legs) but with just a D cup and one that will take a prosthesis! Oh and it!!!8217;s my fingernails that come off; at least toenails are not so conspicuous!

Disastrous day today, even without those pesky pancakes! Roll on tomorrow.
    Stashbusting 16
    Reading Challenge 4/26
    Film Challenge 2/26
    Weight Loss 1 5.2/9
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 14th Feb 18, 6:10 AM
    • 2,058 Posts
    • 10,976 Thanks
    kathrynha

I need to find and buy some swimming costumes that were made by Jesus H Christ........ as they need to perform the miracle of:-

4. makes me look perfect
    6. That will avoid mutton dressed as lamb look.... but is fabulously classy and sexy (I know I am dreaming...!)
    I got my last swimming costume from yours clothing.
    It fulfils requirement 1 of holding stomach in.
    Does requirement 2 by having a skirt.
    Doesn't do 3 of having a bra but it has enough support for my L cup chest for walking round the pool holding them in the right height.
    Does number 4 for me. Boy does the chest support and skirt emphasise my hourglass figure. First costume in 20 odd years I have felt good in!
    Does 5 okay. Simple pull off shoulder straps and down. No extra bra fastenings at the back or anything
    And definitely 6. Sexy but classy. Hubby described it as Marilyn Monroe look!
    • Lioness Twinkletoes
    • By Lioness Twinkletoes 14th Feb 18, 8:03 AM
    • 1,187 Posts
    • 4,166 Thanks
    Lioness Twinkletoes

4. makes me look perfect
    When you find it - let me know. I need exactly the same swimsuit!
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 14th Feb 18, 8:54 AM
    • 2,058 Posts
    • 10,976 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Day off today and meal out, but determined to be good.

Today's plan
    Breakfast - yogurt and fruit
    Lunch - Nando's chicken breast, green salad no dressing, corn on cob no butter
    Dinner - chicken curry

HA - milk
    HB - none planned
    Syns - Nando's chicken (3), cranberry juice (2.5)

Wondering, the SW app says the Nando's chicken is 3 syns per serving. The serving comes with skin, so surely if I take the skin off it will be less syns
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 14th Feb 18, 9:29 AM
    • 3,322 Posts
    • 8,030 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    I got my last swimming costume from yours clothing.
    It fulfils requirement 1 of holding stomach in.
    Does requirement 2 by having a skirt.
    Doesn't do 3 of having a bra but it has enough support for my L cup chest for walking round the pool holding them in the right height.
    Does number 4 for me. Boy does the chest support and skirt emphasise my hourglass figure. First costume in 20 odd years I have felt good in!
    Does 5 okay. Simple pull off shoulder straps and down. No extra bra fastenings at the back or anything
    And definitely 6. Sexy but classy. Hubby described it as Marilyn Monroe look!
    Originally posted by kathrynha

Sounds like my swimming costume! As you say the skirt hides the thighs and looks not like a swimming costume when I'm wearing a tshirt with it so that I can wander around the ship / port. Mine also has removable straps.

Unfortunately (???) I've lost so much weight that I think for the next holiday a new one is required,
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - JD Williams
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 14th Feb 18, 10:08 AM
    • 4,882 Posts
    • 36,731 Thanks
    joedenise
    Good luck with finding a costume SSM. The one Kathryn describes sounds good - certainly worth having a look at that website.

Well done LLS; a great loss.

I'm still using up stuff before my holiday so probably not enough Speed most days but needs must. I don't want to have to buy anything else as we go early Friday morning so as long as we've got enough for tea in the morning we'll be OK. We'll have breakfast at the airport.

Today's plan:

B - fried up LO potatoes; egg; beans; tomatoes & mushrooms
    L - prawn; lettuce; tomatoes; cucumber; pickled onions; syn free onion chutney; syn free spicy piccalilli; sweet spicy peppers
    D - SW KFC; corn on the cob; beans; chips; will use 0.5 HEB for breadcrumbs

HEA - milk
    HEB - 1 slice of WM bread 0.5; hifi bar 0.5
    Syns - not sure but need to keep low as had far too many yesterday!

Will have an apple at some time today as well - the only fruit I've got left to use up.

Denise
    Last edited by joedenise; 14-02-2018 at 10:10 AM. Reason: to add something to lunch!
    • maman
    • By maman 14th Feb 18, 11:09 AM
    • 17,544 Posts
    • 105,110 Thanks
    maman
    Unfortunately (???) I've lost so much weight that I think for the next holiday a new one is required,
    Originally posted by gettingtheresometime

No, I think you meant fortunately!! Just to add my two penneth for those of you looking for a swimming costume, I'd say look at the Yours website that Kathrynha suggested.

https://www.yoursclothing.co.uk/swimwear

The prices aren't too bad compared with some of the others. I'd adopt the same attitude as to buying other clothes when you're losing weight. Buy an absolute minimum to get by and enjoy your holiday. By next year you'll be needing a much smaller size!

Where are you off to this time denise? I'm sure you've said but I've forgotten.

I've just tried to log on to syns online and it won' let me because I haven't been to a group since before Christmas. When this has happened before I've had a warning to go in the next couple of weeks or something like that. WI planned for tomorrow anyway but obviously a new system.

I'll post today's planned menu but it might change as I could be out at lunchtime. No worries, I've got plenty of syns left but I'm not using them just for the sake of it.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, baked beans, HEB toast
    L: LO ham hash and cabbage with beetroot
    D: SW spaghetti Bolognese
    Syns: scrape of spread 1?, Parmesan
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 14th Feb 18, 11:50 AM
    • 4,882 Posts
    • 36,731 Thanks
    joedenise
    That doesn't seem right Maman. I always thought you were given some sort of warning as well. Doesn't really affect me as I go to WI every week although occasionally don't weigh but our consultant has now put a message on our Facebook page that if we go to group we have to weight. If she's going to enforce that then I won't go every week and she'll have to find someone else to be on the social team.

We're flying to Tenerife for a week's all inclusive! No doubt another 1/2 stone on, LOL! Just hoping to make target at tomorrow's WI then I won't need to book holiday for next week.

Lunch has changed a bit - we've run out of pickled onions How did I let that happen? Will add to the list for our return. We've also got 2 packs of olives in the fridge which I think we probably ought to eat so will have 4 of each. We'll probably end up muching on the rest tomorrow evening while we watch a bit of TV. (Never used to like olives but have now found a couple I like - will definitely be trying more in future as they are quite a low syn snack @ 8 for 1 syn.

DH has also decided he doesn't fancy prawn salad so he's going to have either sardines or pilchards from the cupboard with a couple of Ryvita (for 0.5 HEB).

That turned into quite an essay, didn't it?

Denise
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 14th Feb 18, 3:05 PM
    • 2,058 Posts
    • 10,976 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Thanks for posting the link Maman. I was posting from my phone.

So far managed to stick on plan today. Lovely Nando's. Had exactly what I had planned. And then just had fruit as a mid-afternoon snack. Really proud of myself, as on a day out shopping with my daughter, I would normally have had loads of syns.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Feb 18, 4:28 PM
    • 49,995 Posts
    • 607,465 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all
    Not caught up and cooking a fish pie for tea
    Will of course post pics
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 12 1/2 lb week 46
    • Lioness Twinkletoes
    • By Lioness Twinkletoes 14th Feb 18, 6:20 PM
    • 1,187 Posts
    • 4,166 Thanks
    Lioness Twinkletoes
    All caught up.

Well done to the losers and kathryna, don't be too hard on yourself.

Plans for today:

B - Fruit (banana, nectarine, pear) with FF yoghurt and four walnut halves, plus a handful of Quaker honey granola
    L - Bacon medallions, tinned cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and scrambled eggs
    D - Beef ragu pasta bake absolutely groaning with speed (onion, leek, carrot, mushroom and peppers)

Snacks - I had some Quark mixed with an Options (2).

My husband has brought home wine, so I am having a LARGE glass (12?).
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Feb 18, 6:21 PM
    • 49,995 Posts
    • 607,465 Thanks
    bubbs

Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 12 1/2 lb week 46
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,630Posts Today

8,408Users online

Martin's Twitter