Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 31st Dec 17, 4:01 PM
    • 2,058Posts
    • 10,976Thanks
    kathrynha
    Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018
    • 31st Dec 17, 4:01 PM
    Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018 31st Dec 17 at 4:01 PM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables
    Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 53 lb
    Last updated: 6th February 2018
Page 72
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Feb 18, 8:16 PM
    • 49,994 Posts
    • 607,444 Thanks
    bubbs
    You will be glad that I dont want to pinch your tea tonight
    Originally posted by beanielou
    Be like that then
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 12 1/2 lb week 46
    • MissTeach
    • By MissTeach 7th Feb 18, 8:21 PM
    • 235 Posts
    • 1,037 Thanks
    MissTeach
    -2.5lb for me this week. Really chuffed with that.

Haven't been posting much as I've been busy with Parents' evenings and trips! And I've been making sure I take time for myself instead of working every evening so I've been to aqua aerobics, zumba and sessions in the gym. All paying off. Food has been on plan. I even managed a night out on Friday and stayed within my syns which is just unheard of.

And the number on the scale started with a 14 today instead of a 15!! I'm so happy. 6 stone 2,5lb in total and now at my lowest weight. Yes!
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Feb 18, 8:27 PM
    • 49,994 Posts
    • 607,444 Thanks
    bubbs

Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Feb 18, 8:28 PM
    • 49,994 Posts
    • 607,444 Thanks
    bubbs

Haven't been posting much as I've been busy with Parents' evenings and trips! And I've been making sure I take time for myself instead of working every evening so I've been to aqua aerobics, zumba and sessions in the gym. All paying off. Food has been on plan. I even managed a night out on Friday and stayed within my syns which is just unheard of.

And the number on the scale started with a 14 today instead of a 15!! I'm so happy. 6 stone 2,5lb in total and now at my lowest weight. Yes!
    Originally posted by MissTeach
    well done x
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 7th Feb 18, 8:29 PM
    • 50,516 Posts
    • 193,090 Thanks
    beanielou

Great loss
    Fab on the 14 & your lowest weight
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • MissTeach
    • By MissTeach 7th Feb 18, 8:33 PM
    • 235 Posts
    • 1,037 Thanks
    MissTeach
    Thanks guys. Considering it took me almost all of last year to lose 7lb, I'm feeling really positive as I've lost 9lb in the last 4 weeks and I'm feeling great with all the time I'm spending on my own health and not work.

Just caught up with the thread. Kathrynha - so happy for you with your all clear. Enjoy celebrating!
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 7th Feb 18, 8:46 PM
    • 15,477 Posts
    • 189,807 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    I don't think I have stopped eating today.

Breakfast
    35 g all bran
    quark
    apple

Lunch
    WW wrap with a triangle of the light cheese
    apple
    ham
    banana
    smoothie

Tea
    mince
    onion
    mushroom
    spinach all in a tomato sauce
    mashed swede
    kale

pudding
    mixed berries
    quark

given up counting
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 7th Feb 18, 9:02 PM
    • 4,882 Posts
    • 36,729 Thanks
    joedenise
    SSM you're probably not as much over syns as you think - the only syns you've got really is the smoothie! so you may even be within syns depending on how it was made. Everything else is within syns - although the cheese triangle may needing synning if you've had milk as your HEA.

Well done Miss Teach. Good for you spending time on yourself. Too many of us ignore our own needs.

Denise
    • Greysanatomyfan
    • By Greysanatomyfan 7th Feb 18, 9:30 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 111 Thanks
    Greysanatomyfan
    Evening everyone,
    Great losses posted, hopefully I get a loss tomorrow night too.

Fab loss missteach!
    joedenise bean goulash sounds good, I'll have to try. We're not veggie in this house but we are trying not to have every evening meal revolving around meat. Having said that I had chicken tonight!!!!

Food today was
    B - yogurt and fruit salad
    L - egg salad sandwich, a pear and carrot sticks
    D - chicken breast, peppers and onions bunged in the oven with a tin of tomatoes and lots of spices, served with pasta - was yummy!!

Syns 2 chocolate digestives.

plan for tomorrow,
    B - shredded wheat and some fruit
    L - pea and ham soup, will need to take some carrots and fruit to work too for speed.
    Tea might be a jacket potato and I've got either veg chilli or chicken curry in freezer so I'll see what hubby wants.

Need to sort a shop for Friday as no salad left and fruit getting low.

Happy Thursday for tomorrow all

GAF
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 8th Feb 18, 12:24 AM
    • 15,477 Posts
    • 189,807 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    SSM you're probably not as much over syns as you think - the only syns you've got really is the smoothie! so you may even be within syns depending on how it was made. Everything else is within syns - although the cheese triangle may needing synning if you've had milk as your HEA.

Well done Miss Teach. Good for you spending time on yourself. Too many of us ignore our own needs.

Denise
    Originally posted by joedenise
    No milk... but the smoothie was lovely and just veg so I am not too worried.
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 8th Feb 18, 7:46 AM
    • 2,058 Posts
    • 10,976 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Well done CandyApple, ILoveTea and MissTeach on your losses. Hugs Lush on the gain.

I dont think eating out is nearly so bad these days.
    Originally posted by beanielou
    I think some places are becoming better at giving healthy options. A number a chain places have dishes under 600 calories, which I know is still a lot, but it's better than other dishes. Also having dressing on the side or replacing chips with a healthier option is more normal.

Well, I had an !!!8216;interesting!!!8217; evening yesterday. Went to match !!!8211; a win for the Bairns, woohoo. Came out, started car, to be greeted with message !!!8220;Steering has failed. Stop safely.!!!8221; Well I was stopped so that was ok. I get breakdown cover as part of my service so I called them up; no record, but they could send out AA and I could join for £170 when the patrolman came, which I could (try to) claim back. It was -4C and no way to get home, and I!!!8217;d still have to sort out car, so I agreed. I think the guy on the phone felt sorry for me as he said to make sure I got the dealer to update their records and that man should be by 10.50. Phoned SiL (DS at work) and he arrived and took DH home while I waited. Man arrived spot on 10.50 and DH about 11.15. AA couldn!!!8217;t help so had to take the car to a garage (closed, of course) and popped keys and note through letterbox. DH and I got home just after midnight. Phoned garage this morning and they had the keys and were expecting my call but didn!!!8217;t know when they!!!8217;d get to it. Also informed me they stopped doing breakdown cover LAST January. Oops !!!8211; that means I had free recovery from AA! (I feel so guilty, I!!!8217;ve joined up with them today.) Garage later called to say they wouldn!!!8217;t get to car today and maybe not tomorrow as their books are full! That!!!8217;s never mind the repair! They have no courtesy car available until 22 Feb! DD is 8 months pregnant and just moved last week to another town, but DGS is staying at current school so I!!!8217;m his taxi driver. SiL took him this morning and went late to work, which wasn!!!8217;t great for him as he had time off last week for move and will be off for a few weeks post baby too. DD fetched him after school. I!!!8217;ve managed to get a rental car from tomorrow until Saturday !!!8211; got to go to Stirling to pick it up, to let me do grandson run, shopping etc. (DH is already committed to picking up our other grandchildren.) I don!!!8217;t need a car this weekend and kids are off school, Monday and Tuesday, so by that time, I should know where I am with my own car. Someone has already suggested it could be about £1000 to fix! Eek!
    Originally posted by greentiger

Hugs hun, sound like a bad day, and expensive.

Thanks guys. Considering it took me almost all of last year to lose 7lb, I'm feeling really positive as I've lost 9lb in the last 4 weeks and I'm feeling great with all the time I'm spending on my own health and not work.

Just caught up with the thread. Kathrynha - so happy for you with your all clear. Enjoy celebrating!

Marked you on the spreadsheet as having reached your challenge target. Well done.
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 8th Feb 18, 7:51 AM
    • 2,058 Posts
    • 10,976 Thanks
    kathrynha
    A new day, and another plan for me after going slightly over on the syns yesterday

Today's plan:
    Breakfast - fruit and yogurt
    Lunch - pasta
    Dinner - Shepherds pie

HA - milk and cheese
    HB - none planned
    Syns - Cranberry juice (2.5)
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 8th Feb 18, 8:12 AM
    • 4,882 Posts
    • 36,729 Thanks
    joedenise
    I'm off to face the music in about half an hour! Been on plan all week - hope the scales are kinder this week than last! Will post losses later.

Today's plan:

B - fruit after WI
    L - probably a veg omelette
    D - pork chop, mash, veg, splash of gravy

HEA - milk
    HEB - not sure but maybe a couple of Ryvita and laughing cow triangle and an Alpen Light
    Syns - laughing cow 1, gin ?

Denise
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 8th Feb 18, 9:17 AM
    • 50,516 Posts
    • 193,090 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hope you have a good weigh in Denise

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • esmy
    • By esmy 8th Feb 18, 9:27 AM
    • 953 Posts
    • 3,527 Thanks
    esmy
    Morning!

Slightly over on syns yesterday due to consumption of paprika flavoured rice cakes - very nice indeed but should have read the packet first.....

Todays menu
    B Porridge made with 1/2 milk and water, 1/2 tsp sugar, berries
    L hard boiled eggs and salad
    D Chicken tikka kebabs with rice,salad with mint yoghurt dressing

Sneaky weigh this morning suggests it might be sts tomorrow - we'll see!
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 8th Feb 18, 9:30 AM
    • 50,516 Posts
    • 193,090 Thanks
    beanielou
    Not feeling hopeful for later.
    Feeling very bloated.
    We shall see

• jayII
    • By jayII 8th Feb 18, 10:20 AM
    • 39,999 Posts
    • 106,899 Thanks
    jayII
    Morning all, well done to all losers and STS.

Congratulations MissTeach on your new first number on the scales.

Greentiger that sounds like an awful day! I hope the car isn't too expensive.

I'm declaring a STS today. I'm quite relieved because my eating has been all over the place this week and we've celebrated a birthday. Another birthday celebration on Sunday (we're squeezing them in early before my upcoming op, RT and other treatments ). Between everything I'll be happy if I just maintain over the next few months, so any loss will be an accidental (but nice) bonus.
    Total unsecured debt paid off/stoozed in 2018: (£881+33+500)= £1414/£12490.
    Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread #1 2018: 0/8lbs

• cloud88
    • By cloud88 8th Feb 18, 11:29 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 53 Thanks
    cloud88
    Disappointed with a +1 this week
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 8th Feb 18, 11:34 AM
    • 2,058 Posts
    • 10,976 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Good luck with your weigh in's Denise and Beanie

I'm declaring a STS today. I'm quite relieved because my eating has been all over the place this week and we've celebrated a birthday. Another birthday celebration on Sunday (we're squeezing them in early before my upcoming op, RT and other treatments ). Between everything I'll be happy if I just maintain over the next few months, so any loss will be an accidental (but nice) bonus.
    Originally posted by jayII
    STS is good.
    Aiming to maintain is a good plan. You are allowed to set a temporary target so you don't have to pay in group, but keep going, and even though they say you can only book holiday at the start of the countdown, they can put others in for serious medical reasons.
    Take care
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 8th Feb 18, 11:36 AM
    • 2,058 Posts
    • 10,976 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Disappointed with a +1 this week
    Originally posted by cloud88
    We all have gains sometimes, and 1 lb can easily be down to hormones, bloating or even what you are wearing.
    Stick to the plan and it will show on the scales
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

166Posts Today

1,729Users online

Martin's Twitter