Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 31st Dec 17, 4:01 PM
    • 1,951Posts
    • 10,184Thanks
    kathrynha
    Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018
    • 31st Dec 17, 4:01 PM
    Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018 31st Dec 17 at 4:01 PM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for youÖÖÖgo for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list Ė so thatís pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra Ďaí choice and one Healthy Extra Ďbí choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables
    Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 50.5 lb
    Last updated: 2nd January 2018
Page 30
    • MissTeach
    • By MissTeach 13th Jan 18, 9:26 PM
    • 227 Posts
    • 961 Thanks
    MissTeach

I think the challenge is 9 weeks with last WI on 4th March miss teach. You didn't do too badly for 3 weeks off plan. I think kathrynha must still be poorly but I'm sure she'll add you in when she gets back.
    Originally posted by maman
    Thanks Maman. I didn't have time to catch up on the thread so was hoping someone could fill me in!

I'll aim for 8lb loss I think for the rest of the challenge then please Kathrynha. Hope you are feeling better soon x.

I weighed in on Wednesday and I've been really good since then with both the food and exercise. I decided last Monday when I got back on plan that I needed to up the 'body magic' as although I had lost 6 stone, the weight loss really slowed last year and I just faffed around within the same stone for the whole year. I know I can follow the food plan so figured to get the weight loss going again maybe I should do more exercise. I've done at least 30 mins every day since Monday.

Mon: 30 mins and 12.2km on exercise bike
    Tues: 30 mins and 12.5km on exercise bike
    Weds: 30 mins and 14.3km on exercise bike
    Thurs: 45 min aqua aerobics class
    Fri: 44 mins brisk walking (11mins, 20mins and 13mins)
    Sat: 30 mins and 7.7km on the cross trainer

I was really impressed with myself today on the cross trainer as my fitness is appauling and I've always told myself I could never run a 5km race (I still don't think I could as I struggle with running but the cross trainer is becoming more manageable) but it's made me realise what a long way I've come from the girl who couldn't even walk up the stairs without becoming really out of breath.

Today's food:
    No breakfast
    L: 2 large mushrooms and 2 eggs
    D: Hawaiian pizza pasta bake (HeA and 2 syns) served with Med veg

supper: Quaker oats toffee apple flavour sachet (HeB) mixed with muller light and a malteaster bunny (8 syns).

• greentiger
    • By greentiger 13th Jan 18, 9:29 PM
    • 2,046 Posts
    • 14,838 Thanks
    greentiger
    Good losses, p00hsticks, orlao, Msm and lightbulb.

Great relief news, Sunshine!

Hello, Mofette. Lots of friendly people here.

And the Bairns won today woohoo!

Can anyone help me with syns for Tesco Chicken Casserole Kit? Thanks in advance. I got this in the whoopsie section for £1.50! I tossed it in the slow cooker so it would be ready when we came come from the match. It was very tasty so probably had evil syns. It serves 4, so I will freeze the rest for another time. Very economical!

Info from back of pack:
    One quarter of a pack contains
    Energy 167kcal
    Fat 4.1g
    Of which saturates 1.1g
    Carbohydrate 8.6g
    Of which sugars 5.3g
    Fibre 2.9g
    Protein 22.4g
    Salt 1.00g

Ingredients
    Chicken thigh 39%, carrot, parsnip, onion, leek, chicken gravy 7%, cornflour, rice flour, potato starch, sea salt, dried garlic, dried onion, rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, rapeseed oil, white pepper, sunflower oil, black pepper

Chicken gravy contains
    Water, carrot, onion, leek, tomato paste, chicken extract, salt cornflour, sugar, sage, garlic puree rosemary, mushroom, chicken fat, black pepper, white pepper

Todayís Testers

Breakfast: hexb porridge made with salt and water, 40ml ss milk
    Lunch: hm Scotch broth made with stock cube, banana
    Snack: roll (6) and bacon
    Dinner: chicken casserole (? - see above) and potatoes, ML orange yogurt with chocolate sprinkles
    Snack: hexa cheese & apple
    Stashbusting 2
    Reading Challenge 0/26
    Film Challenge 1/26Weight Loss 1 3/9
    • dawyldthing
    • By dawyldthing 13th Jan 18, 9:34 PM
    • 2,726 Posts
    • 2,510 Thanks
    dawyldthing
    Well done bubbs, Caterina (fabby for certificate too), Chrisv, Midge and BarleySugar. Orlao, Tte and moneysaverme (any anyone I've missed off along the way)

Whiplashy, that is absolutely fantastic

I don't seem to spend that much more, but buy things in rounds. So one weeks the big box of weetabix, another a load of chicken for the freezer, third minced beef and fourth always find something. I shop at lidl and often get their mini range like peppers which lasts a few meals. I 'give myself' £30 a week to spend and generally spend it, not always all. Depends what's in but I often get things like the £2 meat platter that does 2 meals with wraps and stuff. Plus get cheese from home bargains and stuff so keep costs down

I've had a mixed week, been like a roller coaster but will prob have put some on to be fair. Need to find my va va vroom as its got up and gone at the mo. Bought some 25p mini boxes of celebrations thinking they would last over the month, not even lasted the week - reminded myself why I don't have stuff in :/

Well done tho folks - keep going
    My targets to end 2018:
    1) To get down to 11 stone then treat to a safari. At start 17 stone 7 lbs *52lbs lost* *39lbs to go*
    Started SW16st13lbs tues11/7/17 - 27 weeks in -44lbs
    -> target 12 stone 6lbs by 11/7/18 -> 19lb to go
    2) to find new challenges
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 13th Jan 18, 10:45 PM
    • 3,216 Posts
    • 7,649 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    I have a box where I am going to store my fat clothes. I have only been on a diet once before - went down to a size 12, took all my clothes to charity shop...... only to have to buy all new again. D
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Thatís why I think Iím subconsciously keeping them but .....the new clothes Iím buying are making me feel great (nice to think for once are the clothes Iím looking at age appropriate rather than size appropriate) plus (& I apologise for it being too much information) marital relations is much more fun.
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - JD Williams
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 13th Jan 18, 10:50 PM
    • 15,329 Posts
    • 188,611 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    My Fat clothes have gone......................whoosh!!!
    Have you not lost then last few weeks?

Well done
    We are watching the voice
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Not a dot. Stuck to plan, exercised....

Well done bubbs, Caterina (fabby for certificate too), Chrisv, Midge and BarleySugar. Orlao, Tte and moneysaverme (any anyone I've missed off along the way)

Whiplashy, that is absolutely fantastic

I don't seem to spend that much more, but buy things in rounds. So one weeks the big box of weetabix, another a load of chicken for the freezer, third minced beef and fourth always find something. I shop at lidl and often get their mini range like peppers which lasts a few meals. I 'give myself' £30 a week to spend and generally spend it, not always all. Depends what's in but I often get things like the £2 meat platter that does 2 meals with wraps and stuff. Plus get cheese from home bargains and stuff so keep costs down

I've had a mixed week, been like a roller coaster but will prob have put some on to be fair. Need to find my va va vroom as its got up and gone at the mo. Bought some 25p mini boxes of celebrations thinking they would last over the month, not even lasted the week - reminded myself why I don't have stuff in :/

Well done tho folks - keep going
    Originally posted by dawyldthing
    dawyld, you do need to read the Elite.

We stock up when on special offers.
    Aim 20 lbs loss by 21.3.18.
    10 weeks to go - 16.5 lbs to go.
    20,000 step a day challenge.
    Day 1 - 27,024 steps. Day 2 - 24,000 steps. Day 3 - 18,554 Day 4 -13,207 Day 5 - 14,218 Day 6 - 27,238 Day 7 - 13,000. Total 137,241
    Banked steps for lazy days 0....
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 13th Jan 18, 10:51 PM
    • 15,329 Posts
    • 188,611 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Thatís why I think Iím subconsciously keeping them but .....the new clothes Iím buying are making me feel great (nice to think for once are the clothes Iím looking at age appropriate rather than size appropriate) plus (& I apologise for it being too much information) marital relations is much more fun.
    Originally posted by gettingtheresometime
    I know the feeling - the stomach does not get in the way!
    Day 1 - 27,024 steps. Day 2 - 24,000 steps. Day 3 - 18,554 Day 4 -13,207 Day 5 - 14,218 Day 6 - 27,238 Day 7 - 13,000. Total 137,241
    • dustydigger
    • By dustydigger 14th Jan 18, 11:57 AM
    • 37 Posts
    • 319 Thanks
    dustydigger
    I'm sure my hair copied the little purple people on the left when I thought I'd count up the syns from all the sweetener I've been using during the cold weather in numerous cuppas,plus a couple of tablespoons (!!!) with my plain yoghurt with berries at breakfast.Somewhere around 10 syns a day before eating anything else Cutting my intake by half in each cuppa this week,having porridge instead of berries (1 tsp of sweetener compared with about 5 with the berries!)
    Also am cooking 2 roasties less,so I cant eat the leftovers of Mr Dusty!
    A bit more on plan this week after the depression of last week eased a little. I would like to say belated thanks for the kind comments and support of the group.Much appreciated
    Weigh in Tuesday,hoping for a good result to get me back on track!
    SPC 2018 - No. 012 ////// £2 Coin Savers 2018 #19 - £30 ///// /House and Home Fund 2018 - £20
    SW weight loss - 3 st 11 1/2 lbs
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 14th Jan 18, 12:54 PM
    • 15,329 Posts
    • 188,611 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Well, the tide has turned TGFT.

-1lb in one day......

I am hoping I have a good loss next week as I need to try to get in my skinny holiday clothes - and still about a stone off fitting in them!
    • maman
    • By maman 14th Jan 18, 1:15 PM
    • 17,357 Posts
    • 103,933 Thanks
    maman
    Well done on your loss ssm! What a difference a day makes.

I was wondering whether all this enforced exercise might have been part of the problem. I've often heard people who up the exercise saying they don't lose to begin with.

I think you're right to cut back a bit on the sweetener dusty but it's only full tablespoons that need to be synned (half a syn each). Even that's a fairly new thing for SW. The bag of mixed berries I bought from Aldi last week has some strawberries, raspberries and blackberries in it so doesn't seem to need so much sweetening.

Whenever possible, I use serving dishes instead of plating up our dinners. That way I keep all the leftovers. Leftover roast potatoes I either snack on or slice up and have with my lunch.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, scrambled eggs, HEB toast, HEA milk for drinks
    L: Golden rice with stir fried veg
    D: roast beef, SW roasties, BNS, cauli, broccoli, cabbage, swede & carrot mash
    Syns: squirt of HP sauce 1, gravy 4? weekend wine
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Jan 18, 2:12 PM
    • 49,518 Posts
    • 603,792 Thanks
    bubbs
    Not a dot. Stuck to plan, exercised....

dawyld, you do need to read the Elite.

We stock up when on special offers.
    I am sure it will all come off xx

Afternoon all
    I got told today i look nice and slim
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 10 1/2 lb week 43
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Jan 18, 2:16 PM
    • 49,518 Posts
    • 603,792 Thanks
    bubbs
    Well, the tide has turned TGFT.

-1lb in one day......

I am hoping I have a good loss next week as I need to try to get in my skinny holiday clothes - and still about a stone off fitting in them!
    Well done
    You are not away for a while though are you?
    Dusty glad you are feeling better xx, Why not try sweetners? i use them
    Last edited by bubbs; 14-01-2018 at 2:20 PM.
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Jan 18, 2:18 PM
    • 49,518 Posts
    • 603,792 Thanks
    bubbs
    We ave a nice lamb dinner today, sis is going to put meat in while we are home, veg all done
    Tomorrow we are having bubble and squeak with left over meat as also cooking a small pork joint that needs using up from my freezer, (well lamb was from my freezer too) but dh dont like lamb
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Lioness Twinkletoes
    • By Lioness Twinkletoes 14th Jan 18, 2:53 PM
    • 1,131 Posts
    • 3,800 Thanks
    Lioness Twinkletoes
    Hi everyone

My guests have gone and I can sum up the damage to my waistline :-) Friday was OK, I had the 'main' roast potatoes (cooked in duck fat) but only had two. I'd had no syns all day so was happy with that.

Saturday I made huge bacon and vegetable omelettes and then baked oats for brunch. The food was a huge hit and I've convinced my daughter to give SW a go just by showing her what (and how much) you can eat.

The wheels fell off a bit when we went to get food after the show (The Exorcist at the Phoenix theatre - great show, highly recommend). I switched from my 'at home' choice of sea bass (nice and healthy) to a chicken dish with lots of cheese that I didn't really enjoy. I ate about two thirds as I was hungry. I then had sticky toffee pud which was delicious.

Back on it today and am hoping that I've not done too much damage.
    • tweets
    • By tweets 14th Jan 18, 3:26 PM
    • 28,349 Posts
    • 416,675 Thanks
    tweets
    +1 this week
    Lost 3st-1lb
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 14th Jan 18, 3:51 PM
    • 15,329 Posts
    • 188,611 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    I am sure it will all come off xx

Afternoon all
    I got told today i look nice and slim
    That is because you are slim x

Well done
    You are not away for a while though are you?
    Dusty glad you are feeling better xx, Why not try sweetners? i use them
    The 21st March is approaching fast. Very fast.... especially when I have not lost for what appears forever! But never mind, I am 3 stone lighter and will have a fab time.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Jan 18, 4:13 PM
    • 49,518 Posts
    • 603,792 Thanks
    bubbs
    That is because you are slim x

The 21st March is approaching fast. Very fast.... especially when I have not lost for what appears forever! But never mind, I am 3 stone lighter and will have a fab time.
    I am not slim really think we need a photo update
    Exactly you will have a fab time and have lost 3 stone, nothing to be sniffed at
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 14th Jan 18, 6:52 PM
    • 15,329 Posts
    • 188,611 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    I am not slim really think we need a photo update
    Exactly you will have a fab time and have lost 3 stone, nothing to be sniffed at
    I will look forward to the photograph!
    • jayII
    • By jayII 14th Jan 18, 7:29 PM
    • 39,976 Posts
    • 106,754 Thanks
    jayII
    Evening all, I'm reporting a loss of 2.5lb this week.

Well done to everyone who has lost or STS.

Food today was:

B: Cornflakes, oats, milk and raisins (1/2 HEA, HEB and 5)
    L: Frylight eggs and 2sml slices w/m bread (6)
    D: Rice, beef, cabbage and beans
    S: milk in drinks (1/2 HEA)

Have a good week everyone.
    Total unsecured debt paid off/stoozed in 2018: (£881+33+500)= £1414/£12490.
    Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread #1 2018: 0/8lbs

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Jan 18, 8:06 PM
    • 49,518 Posts
    • 603,792 Thanks
    bubbs
    I will look forward to the photograph!
    Perhaps Tuesday, i will borrow that mirror again
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Jan 18, 8:07 PM
    • 49,518 Posts
    • 603,792 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all, I'm reporting a loss of 2.5lb this week.

Well done to everyone who has lost or STS.

Food today was:

B: Cornflakes, oats, milk and raisins (1/2 HEA, HEB and 5)
    L: Frylight eggs and 2sml slices w/m bread (6)
    D: Rice, beef, cabbage and beans
    S: milk in drinks (1/2 HEA)

Have a good week everyone.
    Originally posted by jayII
    Well done
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,954Posts Today

8,382Users online

Martin's Twitter