Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 31st Dec 17, 4:01 PM
    • 1,963Posts
    • 10,270Thanks
    kathrynha
    Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018
    • 31st Dec 17, 4:01 PM
    Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018 31st Dec 17 at 4:01 PM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables
    Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 50.5 lb
    Last updated: 2nd January 2018
Page 23
    • NineDeuce
    • By NineDeuce 9th Jan 18, 4:26 PM
    • 695 Posts
    • 607 Thanks
    NineDeuce
    Why on earth would someone post on a thread they have zero interest in ?
    Originally posted by gettingtheresometime
    Dismissing something isnt the same as having zero interest.

Thanks for taking an interest in my post. You clearly read it....
    • NineDeuce
    • By NineDeuce 9th Jan 18, 4:27 PM
    • 695 Posts
    • 607 Thanks
    NineDeuce
    Good idea - I'll delete the quote as well
    Originally posted by gettingtheresometime
    i.e. you just dont agree with it.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 9th Jan 18, 4:51 PM
    • 49,556 Posts
    • 604,076 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all
    Well done on the loses
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 10 1/2 lb week 43
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 9th Jan 18, 5:01 PM
    • 49,556 Posts
    • 604,076 Thanks
    bubbs
    Beanie sorry for your bad news
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 10 1/2 lb week 43
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 9th Jan 18, 5:23 PM
    • 49,570 Posts
    • 186,689 Thanks
    beanielou
    Beanie sorry for your bad news
    Originally posted by bubbs

Thank you
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • dawyldthing
    • By dawyldthing 9th Jan 18, 6:10 PM
    • 2,731 Posts
    • 2,542 Thanks
    dawyldthing
    Ah yes, "Slimming World".

Yet another rip off company that charges you for the 'privilege' of following their 'plan of action', using their own jargonous facts and phrases to try and convince you that they are somewhat revolutionary.....

News.... its calories in vs calories out. That means, you can eat what you want and if the calories are less than your daily allowance, then you will lose weight.

There. And I will charge half the price of Slimming World if you want me to repeat that....
    Originally posted by NineDeuce
    Actually slimming world hasn't had a penny of my money as I bought the books off eBay. And believe me I tried and tried for years - done many fitness DVDs, followed low fat, low calories and the rest since I was 12. Even 2 years ago before going to Oz I was doing 3 days at the gym for 6 months - went down to 14 stone 7 I think it was and then put it all back on and a bit more then decided to give this a try and 6 months later I'm 3 stone lower, eating better and enjoying what I'm eating and a lot better for it. It might not be for everyone, but it's certainly helped a heck of a lot of people. Surely if it helps people to lose weight for good (like many on here too) it's not a bad thing
    Last edited by dawyldthing; 09-01-2018 at 6:11 PM. Reason: Spelling
    My targets to end 2018:
    1) To get down to 11 stone then treat to a safari. At start 17 stone 7 lbs *55lbs lost* *36lbs to go*
    Started SW16st13lbs tues11/7/17 - 28 weeks in -47lbs
    -> target 12 stone 6lbs by 11/7/18 -> 16lbs to go
    2) to find new challenges
    • dawyldthing
    • By dawyldthing 9th Jan 18, 6:20 PM
    • 2,731 Posts
    • 2,542 Thanks
    dawyldthing
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5111414&highlight=

Here was my battle for losing weight 3 years ago nearly. Like I said I lost about 2 stone nearly but it didn't help and didn't work long term and took me ages and then I put it all on and some more. Sometimes folk need support, moral encouragement and a guide - slimming world helps the lot. Yeah it's not for everyone but it gives good ideas for losing weight from the other dieting things we've had thrown at us all over the years
    My targets to end 2018:
    1) To get down to 11 stone then treat to a safari. At start 17 stone 7 lbs *55lbs lost* *36lbs to go*
    Started SW16st13lbs tues11/7/17 - 28 weeks in -47lbs
    -> target 12 stone 6lbs by 11/7/18 -> 16lbs to go
    2) to find new challenges
    • VALM
    • By VALM 9th Jan 18, 6:50 PM
    • 3,973 Posts
    • 36,504 Thanks
    VALM
    Hi Everyone,
    I've not had a chance to catch up with all the posts yet.... Today's plan:
    B: Overnight Oats (HEB)
    L: Baked potato, cottage cheese and salad
    D: Veg Szabi from the freezer (think this was from the comfort food book or maybe an old magazine?)
    Snacks are fruit, carrot sticks and sugar snap peas. A bag of Sensations popadoms for 3.5 syns and Hips, Bums and Tums class for exercise tonight.

Have a good day x
    Originally posted by lightbulb0811
    How big is the bag of Sensations?
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
    • Nicki
    • By Nicki 9th Jan 18, 7:43 PM
    • 7,628 Posts
    • 27,003 Thanks
    Nicki
    Rotten cold today so didn't feel like breakfast

Lunch: pasta, meatballs, tomato sauce, salad (8 syns)
    Dinner: omelette with Philadelphia light and spinach (2 syns) wholemeal bread (HEB)

Milk (HEA)
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 9th Jan 18, 7:59 PM
    • 1,963 Posts
    • 10,270 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Managed to maintain. Very happy with that
    Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 50.5 lb
    Last updated: 2nd January 2018
    • jayII
    • By jayII 9th Jan 18, 8:02 PM
    • 39,977 Posts
    • 106,775 Thanks
    jayII
    Evening all.

Beanie, sorry about your news.

Shrimpy, well done on your loss.

My plan today has been:
    B: porridge and raisins (HEB and 2)
    L: Salad, chicken, ff yogurt and fruit
    D: 1/4 Slow cooker curry (1)
    S: milk (HEA) and mugshot (1)
    Total unsecured debt paid off/stoozed in 2018: (£881+33+500)= £1414/£12490.
    Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread #1 2018: 0/8lbs

• jayII
    • By jayII 9th Jan 18, 8:03 PM
    • 39,977 Posts
    • 106,775 Thanks
    jayII
    Kathryn, well done on maintaining after the week you've had!
    Total unsecured debt paid off/stoozed in 2018: (£881+33+500)= £1414/£12490.
    Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread #1 2018: 0/8lbs

• beanielou
    • By beanielou 9th Jan 18, 9:20 PM
    • 49,570 Posts
    • 186,689 Thanks
    beanielou
    Managed to maintain. Very happy with that
    Originally posted by kathrynha

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • greentiger
    • By greentiger 9th Jan 18, 9:59 PM
    • 2,055 Posts
    • 14,892 Thanks
    greentiger
    Ah well, that’s us crashed down to earth with a great big 4-1 bump! Back to ‘auld claes and parritch’ as my mum used to say in such cases. Actually that might be good SW wise!

Big hugs coming your way from me, beanie.

Well done, shrimp, on your loss. You did well. Kathryn.

I was a bit less controlled today.

Breakfast: hm granola (6 – it should have been muesli but when I went for it, there it was –
    gone), raspberries, blueberries, banana, ff Greek yogurt
    Lunch: bacon, egg, mushrooms, beans, Milbona Greek style lemon yogurt

Snack: shortbread finger (5)

Dinner: hm butter chicken (5), SW wedges, Tesco Mediterranean roasted veg (3.5)

Snack: hexb toast with hexa cheese

Out for lunch tomorrow. I know you're watching.
    Stashbusting 10
    Reading Challenge 2/26
    Film Challenge 2/26
    Weight Loss 1 3/9
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 9th Jan 18, 10:02 PM
    • 49,570 Posts
    • 186,689 Thanks
    beanielou
    Thanks greentiger

• dustydigger
    • By dustydigger 9th Jan 18, 10:15 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 335 Thanks
    dustydigger
    At SW today, 6 new members returned with their fabulous first week results,4lbs,5 lbs and biggest loser an incredible 10 lbs.Target members who slipped a little over Xmas all got back into target range,several returning members lost several pounds too.Whole group lost 77 lbs They havent even been announcing numbers for at least 6 months,thats how bad it got with our old consultant.
    So guess who disgraced herself,the only person among 25 in class who put on weight?
    Yep,I put on 1/2 lb.And was surprised it wasnt more.
    Last week was the first anniversary of my sister's death. Just seems to have hit me really hard. I keep thinking about how I am the last remaining person in my generation of our family,made me feel somehow lonely,despite having a big family of my own.Its only a month since I had a bad week remembering the death anniversaries of my mother,brother and sister within a 4 day period.Struggling with depression,butterflies in the stomach like being at the dentist,before the head or at a difficult interview.Barely eating,but when I do its rarely speed foods,its stuffing myself with my fave roasties!. Never opened the book or planned a meal. I'm sitting here feeling as if I am going to be sick,or will burst into tears,but I am going to have a nice comforting cup of hot choc(heaven knows how many syns,cant be bothered even to check.)Then I'll have a hot bath and try for a decent night's sleep,(had no more than 4 sporadic hours for several days) .
    I couldnt share this with anyone in SW class,but I'm glad to share the burden with you. I am determined to get back up from tomorrow to try to get back on track. Normally a 1/2 gain wouldn't bother me much,I tend to look at results over a month,trying for a steady 4 lbs a month overall. But today being so low and being the only person to gain weight was very demoralising indeed
    Last edited by dustydigger; 09-01-2018 at 10:50 PM.
    SPC 2018 - No. 012 ////// £2 Coin Savers 2018 #19 - £30 ///// /House and Home Fund 2018 - £20
    SW weight loss - 3 st 13 1/2 lbs
    • lushlifesaver
    • By lushlifesaver 9th Jan 18, 10:23 PM
    • 2,262 Posts
    • 18,257 Thanks
    lushlifesaver
    +2lb no real surprise there. on it for a 100% week!
    Perfect Princess born 26/03/14 <3
    • maman
    • By maman 9th Jan 18, 10:33 PM
    • 17,378 Posts
    • 104,064 Thanks
    maman
    Not managed to get on earlier. Sorry I missed some amazing losses and kathryna 's great news!

Today's EE menu :
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB porage, HEA milk,
    D: ham, egg, salad
    L: SW Spaghetti Bolognese, pear with yogurt
    Syns: Extra porage 6, syrup 2, parmesan 3

That leaves me just 2 syns left in the bank for tomorrow. I'll be fine as I just need that for stir fry sauce.
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 9th Jan 18, 10:40 PM
    • 3,233 Posts
    • 7,708 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    At SW today, 6 new members returned with their fabulous first week results,4lbs,5 lbs and biggest loser an incredible 10 lbs.Target members who slipped a little over Xmas all got back into target range,several returning members lost several pounds too.Whole group lost 77 lbs They havent even been announcing numbers for at least 6 months,thats how bad it got with our old consultant.
    So guess who disgraced herself,the only person among 25 in class who put on weight?
    Yep,I put on 1/2 lb.And was surprised it wasnt more.
    Last week was the first anniversary of my sister's death. Just seems to have hit me really hard. I keep thinking about how I am the last remaining person in my generation of our family,made me feel somehow lonely,despite having a big family of my own.Its only a month since I had a bad week remembering the death anniversaries of my mother,brother and sister within a 4 day period.Struggling with depression,butterflies in the stomach like being at the dentist,before the head or at a difficult interview.Barely eating,but when I do its rarely speed foods,its stuffing myself with my fave roasties!. Never opened the book or planned a meal. I'm sitting here feeling as if I am going to be sick,or will burst into tears,but I am going to have a nice comforting cup of hot choc(heaven knows how many syns,cant be bothered even to check.)Then I'll have a hot bath and try for a decent night's sleep,(had no more than 4 sporadic hours for several days.
    I couldnt share this with anyone in SW class,but I'm glad to share the burden with you. I am determined to get back up from tomorrow to try to get back on track. Normally a 1/2 gain wouldn't bother me much,I tend to look at results over a month,trying for a steady 4 lbs a month overall. But today being so low and being the only person to gain weight was very demoralising indeed
    Originally posted by dustydigger
    Stop being so hard on yourself.

You haven’t let anyone down & if anyone suggested you did, then I’d be telling them that they could take a long walk off a short pier.

comfort eating sometimes is perfectly justified.
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - JD Williams
    • maman
    • By maman 9th Jan 18, 10:42 PM
    • 17,378 Posts
    • 104,064 Thanks
    maman
    Just read your message dusty . You sound like you've got a perspective already. Well done you!

Half a pound today is nothing. You've had a difficult time and come through. Tomorrow you start afresh.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,874Posts Today

10,592Users online

Martin's Twitter