Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 31st Dec 17, 4:01 PM
    • 1,951Posts
    • 10,184Thanks
    kathrynha
    Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018
    • 31st Dec 17, 4:01 PM
    Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018 31st Dec 17 at 4:01 PM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for youÖÖÖgo for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list Ė so thatís pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra Ďaí choice and one Healthy Extra Ďbí choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables
    Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 50.5 lb
    Last updated: 2nd January 2018
Page 20
    • candyapple
    • By candyapple 8th Jan 18, 12:36 PM
    • 595 Posts
    • 4,160 Thanks
    candyapple
    **sneaking in with tail between legs**

Well its been months and months since I posted on here and tbf months and months since I ate SW friendly but I need to give myself a bit of a kick up the bum so I'm back if you will have me

I'm about a stone heavier - my scales have given up the ghost so it could well be more than that but I am hoping not! Life's basically got in the way of my eating well but I'm now bursting out of my clothes and feeling generally urgh. I'm also happier than I was roughly 3 months ago so hoping not to comfort eat any more. So I would like to join the challenge but not until I get some new scales which is hopefully this week - I could go to Boots and weigh but think I might cry if I saw my actual weight so maybe not the best idea

I have a night out planned with some friends at the end of thiis month so I want to be comfy in my jeans that I am currently bursting out of so that's mini target number 1! Hoping to get back to the gym this week too once I have chased the last of my cold away so hopefully that will help with losing the inches

• Top Girl
    • By Top Girl 8th Jan 18, 2:33 PM
    • 1,107 Posts
    • 7,764 Thanks
    Top Girl
    Good afternoon!

Still no Top Baby. I've finally put that stone on though - 15lb weight gain in total now, I was totally off plan Christmas and New Year and ate ALL THE WHITE BREAD so not really a shock

I'm due on Monday so hopeful she won't be too long, I've just bought a birthing ball so my BM for the week will be bouncing on that

Hope you're all well xx
    • lushlifesaver
    • By lushlifesaver 8th Jan 18, 2:52 PM
    • 2,261 Posts
    • 18,248 Thanks
    lushlifesaver
    afternoon all - today has been spot on and yesterday was good but still not holding much hope

that said I've made peace with it. i usually peak Mon/Tues and get a loss on Thursday so i figure/hope if i take the hit this week then straight back on it.

so today:
    breakfast heb cereal with milk from hea followed by a walk to the shop and back
    mid morning: tea with milk from hea
    lunch: late as i forgot about me after feeding the other two! homemade leek and potato soup
    tea: chicken breast with rice and sauce (4syn) will also have mushroom, tomatoes, peppers, beetroot etc etc with it!

tomorrow is a funny one as littlie is back to nursery at long last so; breakfast on the move for me as she'll be in breakfast club: 1 hi fi light and some melon.
    got a meeting where lunch is provided but no idea what it's going to be so will take some homemade soup and leave that at the office for when i get back.
    tea: group is at 7, will get there early as I've offered to help out. will take some food with me to eat during group. I'm thinking a chicken and salad wrap as i finally managed to pick up some weight watchers wraps and some melon etc
    hea - not 100% as yet
    heb: the wrap
    syns: hifi light for 3 syns. need to account for anything i do eat at the meeting
    Perfect Princess born 26/03/14 <3
    • maman
    • By maman 8th Jan 18, 4:25 PM
    • 17,351 Posts
    • 103,895 Thanks
    maman
    Thanks for the update topgirl. I was wondering how you were doing. A stone is nothing, you'll be back to target in no time. Meanwhile.....do let us know when topbaby arrives.

Good to see you posting again candy. You could easily be half a stone lighter by your night out if you start NOW!

Moving your WI day was bound to mess things up a bit lush but you'll soon get into the new routine. Sounds like you have a great plan.
    • dawyldthing
    • By dawyldthing 8th Jan 18, 4:49 PM
    • 2,717 Posts
    • 2,482 Thanks
    dawyldthing
    Afternoon all.

Well done losers and sts - managed to get through most of it last night as I'd been at work nearly 2 days then went to the pub to watch the forest match so finally got round to catching up on it all. Been some fantastic losses tho and keep going gainers - we'll get there

Last week was a bit of a liquid syn diet as I had 2 ciders at comedy, 2 shandys at darts then a pint of shandy yesterday watching the football and a bag of crisps. Plus pigged out New Year's Eve so really surprised to have this morning

-3lbs

Really surprised tbh. Plus been to the charity shop and bought some trousers after nearly mooning at my service user the other day as my trousers were getting too big. Also tried some on in Dorothy Perkins and I'm between an 16 and 18, which is really really good as I used to be 20 to 22.

So today I've had

Breakfast - plain 0% fat yoghurt and apple
    Dinner - 1 sausage with sweet potato, carrot, sweet pepper
    Tea - I've had everything late so might have weetabix and milk and berries to have my hexa and b

Well done tho folks. We're heading in the right direction
    My targets to end 2018:
    1) To get down to 11 stone then treat to a safari. At start 17 stone 7 lbs *52lbs lost* *39lbs to go*
    Started SW16st13lbs tues11/7/17 - 27 weeks in -44lbs
    -> target 12 stone 6lbs by 11/7/18 -> 19lb to go
    2) to find new challenges
    • ilovetea
    • By ilovetea 8th Jan 18, 4:53 PM
    • 841 Posts
    • 6,459 Thanks
    ilovetea
    - 4 lbs.for me please.
    £2017 in 2017. #2 £1,511.20
    • ilovetea
    • By ilovetea 8th Jan 18, 4:55 PM
    • 841 Posts
    • 6,459 Thanks
    ilovetea
    Oops pressed the button too soon.
    Very happy with that.
    Good luck to every one else.

ilovetea xx
    £2017 in 2017. #2 £1,511.20
    • gingerfurball
    • By gingerfurball 8th Jan 18, 5:10 PM
    • 384 Posts
    • 2,168 Thanks
    gingerfurball
    Another quick post - hectic day at work and have to go straight to the hospital straight after work, MIL has conclusively been diagnosed with a mini stroke - we're hoping it doesn't interfere with her independence - she's 83 and until this week quite happily driving around and living on her own (sheltered acommodation - it was her alert button that set the whole rush to hospital off)

She's going to be assessed and we'll see where we go from here (FIL passed away 4 years ago)

So food today:

B: 2 boiled eggs
    L: jacket potato, beans, grated cheese (HEa) and salad
    D: roast chicken, boiled potatoes, cauli, broccoli, carrots and green beans

Will try and catch up again tomorrow
    • dawyldthing
    • By dawyldthing 8th Jan 18, 5:30 PM
    • 2,717 Posts
    • 2,482 Thanks
    dawyldthing
    Arr I forgot to say the other day, I don't know if you're guys pool has swim tag but if it has it's worth having. I'm attempting to 'swim the Grand canyon' before 9th March, so ties well in with this. Done 1375m this afternoon. Need to do 16km so should keep me on task with it behind my mind, but going to give it a jolly good go
    My targets to end 2018:
    1) To get down to 11 stone then treat to a safari. At start 17 stone 7 lbs *52lbs lost* *39lbs to go*
    Started SW16st13lbs tues11/7/17 - 27 weeks in -44lbs
    -> target 12 stone 6lbs by 11/7/18 -> 19lb to go
    2) to find new challenges
    • CattyCatX
    • By CattyCatX 8th Jan 18, 6:33 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 284 Thanks
    CattyCatX
    First WI today - happy to report -2lb loss!
    Not bad for an incomplete first week, although I can't be sure it's not just natural fluctuation - hopefully the trend will continue downwards next week
    • Moneysaverme
    • By Moneysaverme 8th Jan 18, 6:52 PM
    • 247 Posts
    • 2,045 Thanks
    Moneysaverme
    Thanks for the Aldi info ESMY, KATHRYN and MAMAN. Iím hopefully going tomorrow night. Iím not much of a salad lover in winter so their super six might not tempt me. Saying this, Iím having salad for dinner so go figure that!

Some impressive losses being reported, very motivating to hear. I have SW chips currently cooking in the oven along with a fancy veggie burger for 1syn. Iíll be having that with salad for speed. Looking forward to it. I do like the feeling of being hungry if you know what I mean. When I was stuffing my face with everything prior to doing SW, I was constantly eating and never really felt hunger. Itís lovely to look forward to a meal and be satiated and not continue to graze all day and night.

Iím rambling. Time to eat!

Continued good luck to all x
    Weight loss 2017/2018 - 40 lbs
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 8th Jan 18, 7:41 PM
    • 49,510 Posts
    • 603,749 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all
    Wow some really good losses, well done everyone
    Kathryn hope you gt on at the hospital and thanks for the chart
    Food pictures will be resumed, i said to my sister people are missing my pics, she said take them i am not bothered I said thought you would think im mad
    Tonight we had home made 5% burgers, onions, mushrooms, SW chips (me 5) spaghetti and egg, yummy yummy!!
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 10 1/2 lb week 43
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 8th Jan 18, 8:04 PM
    • 1,951 Posts
    • 10,184 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Hi all
    Thanks so much for all your kind words
    Just weighed in with a -4lb
    Thatís the Xmas gain gone- plus Iím now lighter than before Xmas
    Originally posted by Mrs_Ryan
    Wow brilliant loss. Well done

Thanks for the chart Kathrynha - could you put me down for 22lbs ? This will then then get me to my target - the thought of having a holiday is tempting but that's what I got to lose so I might as well be honest about it.
    Originally posted by gettingtheresometime
    That's an ambitious target, but if you're motivated then you can do it

Thanks for the warm welcome to the group! First WI for me later, so will report back!! Don't feel like I've lost any inches or anything as all clothes still as tight as ever but it's only the first week and I definitely feel like my energy levels have improved and I'm sleeping better so I guess that's success of a kind! Will see what the scales have in store..
    Originally posted by CattyCatX
    I always feel like that first week, but then it's a nice surprise when you step on the scales
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 8th Jan 18, 8:10 PM
    • 1,951 Posts
    • 10,184 Thanks
    kathrynha
    I shouldn't smile but it does sound like the plague in 1665! Hope you get positive news at the hospital.
    Originally posted by maman
    Is a bit like that, but can't risk it. My body can't cope with flu at the moment

**sneaking in with tail between legs**

Well its been months and months since I posted on here and tbf months and months since I ate SW friendly but I need to give myself a bit of a kick up the bum so I'm back if you will have me

I'm about a stone heavier - my scales have given up the ghost so it could well be more than that but I am hoping not! Life's basically got in the way of my eating well but I'm now bursting out of my clothes and feeling generally urgh. I'm also happier than I was roughly 3 months ago so hoping not to comfort eat any more. So I would like to join the challenge but not until I get some new scales which is hopefully this week - I could go to Boots and weigh but think I might cry if I saw my actual weight so maybe not the best idea

I have a night out planned with some friends at the end of thiis month so I want to be comfy in my jeans that I am currently bursting out of so that's mini target number 1! Hoping to get back to the gym this week too once I have chased the last of my cold away so hopefully that will help with losing the inches
    Originally posted by candyapple
    Welcome back. Do you have a target for the next 8 weeks so I can add you to the spreadsheet?

Good afternoon!

Still no Top Baby. I've finally put that stone on though - 15lb weight gain in total now, I was totally off plan Christmas and New Year and ate ALL THE WHITE BREAD so not really a shock

I'm due on Monday so hopeful she won't be too long, I've just bought a birthing ball so my BM for the week will be bouncing on that

Hope you're all well xx
    Originally posted by Top Girl
    Good to see you. Hope TopBaby doesn't keep you waiting too long
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 8th Jan 18, 8:10 PM
    • 49,489 Posts
    • 186,136 Thanks
    beanielou
    Some great losses including Mrs R
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • Nicki
    • By Nicki 8th Jan 18, 8:11 PM
    • 7,610 Posts
    • 26,899 Thanks
    Nicki
    Have been trying to up my water intake today and be a bit more active to see if this will bring swelling in feet and ankles down a bit. I was wearing compression socks over the weekend and think they are a bit better already.

Breakfast: banana and oat smoothie (2 syns, HEA HEB)
    Lunch: smoked mackerel, large mixed salad and blue cheese dressing (5 syns)
    Dinner: rice, salmon, sweetcorn, salad
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 8th Jan 18, 8:12 PM
    • 49,489 Posts
    • 186,136 Thanks
    beanielou
    Good to see you Top Girl
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 8th Jan 18, 8:14 PM
    • 1,951 Posts
    • 10,184 Thanks
    kathrynha

-3lbs

Really surprised tbh. Plus been to the charity shop and bought some trousers after nearly mooning at my service user the other day as my trousers were getting too big. Also tried some on in Dorothy Perkins and I'm between an 16 and 18, which is really really good as I used to be 20 to 22.
    Originally posted by dawyldthing
    Well done on the loss and the NSV

- 4 lbs.for me please.
    Originally posted by ilovetea
    Well done on the loss

Another quick post - hectic day at work and have to go straight to the hospital straight after work, MIL has conclusively been diagnosed with a mini stroke - we're hoping it doesn't interfere with her independence - she's 83 and until this week quite happily driving around and living on her own (sheltered acommodation - it was her alert button that set the whole rush to hospital off)

She's going to be assessed and we'll see where we go from here (FIL passed away 4 years ago)
    Originally posted by gingerfurball
    Hope she isn't too bad. Hubby had a stroke the other year, and as long as physio is done then the prognosis from a stroke is good, especially a mini one.
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 8th Jan 18, 8:17 PM
    • 1,951 Posts
    • 10,184 Thanks
    kathrynha
    First WI today - happy to report -2lb loss!
    Not bad for an incomplete first week, although I can't be sure it's not just natural fluctuation - hopefully the trend will continue downwards next week
    Originally posted by CattyCatX
    Well done on the loss.
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 8th Jan 18, 8:26 PM
    • 3,213 Posts
    • 7,638 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    Co-incidentally my consultant posted on Facebook today about Aldi 5% beefburgers & meatballs - 1 syn per burger & 0.5 per 3 meatballs
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - JD Williams
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

190Posts Today

1,747Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @clq: @MartinSLewis You hit that one right out of the park. It might be the Tweet of the Century. I don't think anyone can do any Batter?

• You've run-out of puns. That's a bit of a googly, maybe I can help break your duck, though it is s sticky wicket, t? https://t.co/nJT51NpXfO

• RT @richlaing: @MartinSLewis Obviously spot poll but interested in the fact that 9% would opt out of donation. Interested to hear reasons w?

• Follow Martin