Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • 4suzie
    • By 4suzie 30th Dec 17, 10:42 AM
    • 122Posts
    • 35Thanks
    4suzie
    Price wrongly
    • 30th Dec 17, 10:42 AM
    Price wrongly 30th Dec 17 at 10:42 AM
    I have just been to Morrisons and bought some frozen king prawns priced £3 luckily I checked my receipt and I had been charged £5 for them, I looked again at the shelf where I got them from and there was a price ticket for £3 but on reading the price ticket it was not for the king prawns that I had bought but some other prawns even though there wasn't any of the £3 prawns on the shelf only the £5 prawns.

So all in all it seems they have been stacked wrongly and the price hadn't been replaced by the right price.

My question is would Morrisons be obliged to give them to me at the price shown £3 or is it ok to just say they have been put in the wrong place they are still £5.

The reason I am mostly annoyed is the attitude of the person I spoke but that's another story.
Page 2
    • takman
    • By takman 7th Jan 18, 12:44 PM
    • 3,013 Posts
    • 2,591 Thanks
    takman
    I was recently hacked off due to a local Morrisons store displaying incorrect prices on the shelf labels so I complained on line here -

https://my.morrisons.com/help/?clkInTab=ContactUs&utm_source=Groceries&utm_mediu m=Internal&utm_campaign=HeaderTab

I received a phone call later from a very polite gentleman who told me that he been on touch with the store manager who had corrected the label.
    He also credited my reward card with £5 worth of points.

However, a week later the shelf labels were still incorrect!
    Originally posted by bubblesbonbon
    That seems to be the problem with complaints departments. They have people who are trained to be understanding and sympathetic and can offer a small reward. But the don't seem to be able to actually solve the issues and get to the root cause. But unfortunetly most people seem happy with this kind of approach.
    • jackieblack
    • By jackieblack 7th Jan 18, 5:36 PM
    • 7,507 Posts
    • 10,679 Thanks
    jackieblack
    Choose a supermarket where you can self-scan. That way you are able to verify the price of every single item as you do your shop, rather than relying upon your memory at checkout.
    Originally posted by CardinalWolsey
    I always self scan but have had a few items lately (and this appears to be happening more frequently) which have been on offer but the self scanner shows the full price and this is then adjusted to the (correct) reduced price at the checkout. So far, this has adjusted correctly each time but it is a pain having to try and remember so I can check.
    Last edited by jackieblack; 07-01-2018 at 5:44 PM.
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter,
    south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading

Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
    (Revera linguam latinam vix cognovi )
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,376Posts Today

8,008Users online

Martin's Twitter