Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bevans
    • By bevans 29th Dec 17, 2:19 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    bevans
    Flight time change whilst on holiday
    • 29th Dec 17, 2:19 PM
    Flight time change whilst on holiday 29th Dec 17 at 2:19 PM
    Hi all
    I have searched but come up with nothing.
    We booked a TUI holiday with flight times that suited. It was only for a week and on the third/fourth day the return flight was alter from 1100hrs to 1900hrs. We were informed by another couple who had an email from TUI. The Rep was of no help and no reason was ever given for the change. The change meant we had to pay extra for a meal, extra parking ,messed up work arrangements etc.
    TUI will not discuss this matter any more after a second email that said nothing really.
    I wanted to know from them when the return flight time was altered and when they knew. As expected they did not tell me nor did they actually discuss it it their two replies.
    Does anyone know of where I can get this information from??

many thanks

brian
Page 1
    • JPears
    • By JPears 29th Dec 17, 3:17 PM
    • 3,409 Posts
    • 952 Thanks
    JPears
    • 29th Dec 17, 3:17 PM
    • 29th Dec 17, 3:17 PM
    Did you book the TUI holiday direct with TUI?
    If so then it is most likely you are due compensation under reg 261/2004 as the onus is on them to inform you of the change in flight times.
    If they did so with less than 2 weeks notice (how soon before the flight did the other couple get their email?) then you are due compensation.
    You can also claim the additional food and drink (non alcohol) costs as long as you have the receipts.
    What were the dates and flight numbers/destinations etc?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 29th Dec 17, 3:37 PM
    • 19,188 Posts
    • 14,847 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 29th Dec 17, 3:37 PM
    • 29th Dec 17, 3:37 PM
    If they did so with less than 2 weeks notice (how soon before the flight did the other couple get their email?) then you are due compensation.
    Originally posted by JPears
    My reading of the OP was that the change happened while they were actually on holiday, only a few days before they were due to return.
    • bevans
    • By bevans 8th Jan 18, 8:12 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    bevans
    • 8th Jan 18, 8:12 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 8:12 PM
    Hi
    we booked with Late deals which is owned by TUI and yes we were told whilst on holiday that our return times had altered.
    TUI have refused to discuss this further and so I will take it to ABTA .
    Does anyone know where I might find out when and why the return flight was changed as TUI just blanked me on that when I asked.

thanks
    • bevans
    • By bevans 8th Jan 18, 8:20 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    bevans
    • 8th Jan 18, 8:20 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 8:20 PM
    Sorry, I hate answering myself but forgot this.

GOING OUT
    Birmingham Airport - Costa Del Sol, Malaga Airport
    Main Terminal
    TUI Airways
    Flight no: TOM7768
    29 Oct 2017
    13:55 > 17:45
    Your flight booking reference: 5418570

COMING BACK
    Costa Del Sol, Malaga Airport - Birmingham Airport
    Main Terminal
    TUI Airways
    Flight no: TOM7777
    5 Nov 2017
    10:55 > 12:55
    Your flight booking reference: 5418570

and then this on 1/11/2017

Dear Mr Evans,
    RE: Your Flight to Costa Del Sol Departure date 29-10-2017
    Reference Number 5418570
    We are sorry to advise it has been necessary to make a change to your flight from Costa Del Sol,
    What has changed to your flight
    Our flying programme is planned many months in advance and sometimes it is necessary to make changes. Following a review to our programme, we need to advise you that your flight times have changed. Your new flight times are shown below
    Outbound 29-10-2017 on Flight TUI Airways 7768
    Depart Birmingham at 13:55
    Arrive Costa Del Sol at 17:45
    Inbound 05-11-2017 on Flight TUI Airways 7777
    Depart Costa Del Sol at 19:00
    Arrive Birmingham at 21:00[/B]
    We do understand that a change to your holiday like this can be very disappointing and we would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused.
    What do you need to do now
    There is no need to do anything as these new times will automatically update on the App and new documentation will be sent out to you shortly. Please always ensure you check your most recent tickets before you go for the most up to date departure times.
    Contact Us
    Although, we try to offer as full a service as possible please note that we are unable to answer any replies to this email - if you've booked your holiday through a travel agent and have any questions or if you wish to discuss any other options available to you, it's important that you contact them.
    Alternatively, if you've booked through our website please give us a call on 02476 280036, between the hours of 9am – 5pm Monday to Saturday and we'll be happy to help.
    Please note that due to data protection law, in the first instance we can only discuss the details of this booking with the lead passenger.
    We would like to apologise for any inconvenience and disappointment this change may cause.
    Yours sincerely,
    Catherine
    Holiday Change Administrator
    TUI Group

thaanks
    • bevans
    • By bevans 11th Jan 18, 3:56 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    bevans
    • 11th Jan 18, 3:56 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 3:56 PM
    ABTA will not help either!!!

Query: Thank you for contacting ABTA.

It appears that the company has acted in accordance with their booking conditions, which forms the basis of your contract.

Providing you are given a flight between your departure and arrival on the date that has been contractually agreed, there are no steps that ABTA can take on your behalf.

Regards
    ABTA Customer Support Team

All I asked of them was to tell me when the flight times were altered

So does anyone have an idea as to where I can get this information please

thanks
    • JPears
    • By JPears 11th Jan 18, 4:05 PM
    • 3,409 Posts
    • 952 Thanks
    JPears
    • 11th Jan 18, 4:05 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 4:05 PM
    If you were only informed whilst you were on holiday ie with less than 2 weeks notice, you are most likely due compensation.
    Any more than 2 weeks notice then no compensation is due.
    The onus is on TUI to prove that they informed you earlier than 2 weeks notice.
    Time for an NBA.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 11th Jan 18, 10:14 PM
    • 1,246 Posts
    • 596 Thanks
    Tyzap
    • 11th Jan 18, 10:14 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 10:14 PM
    Changes/delays etc to package flight times are covered under EC216 as follows.

2.2.6. Scope of the Regulation in relation to the Package Travel Directive.

Article 3(6) and Recital 16 of the Regulation stipulate that it also applies to flights within a package tour, except where a package tour is cancelled for reasons other than cancellation of the flight.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 12th Jan 18, 9:21 AM
    • 19,188 Posts
    • 14,847 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 12th Jan 18, 9:21 AM
    • 12th Jan 18, 9:21 AM
    I had to use Bott & Co to persuade Aer Lingus to stump up the statutory compensation for my delayed arrival, it means not getting the full amount but something is better than nothing and they are pretty successful at winning these cases, generally before court action is needed.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,671Posts Today

11,325Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Hi folks. I'm drowning in questions and can't get to them all. So I'm going to prepare key links which should put? https://t.co/JjGl2DlqBp

• Depends on the ex-wife's credit score. You acan apply to 'disassociate' if you are truly no longer financially lin? https://t.co/1YBdwA9MBE

• Annoying barring mortgage most affordability calcs are based more on income and debt rather than your actual person? https://t.co/MbyirMydbx

• Follow Martin