Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dibble34
    • By dibble34 27th Dec 17, 1:32 PM
    • 17Posts
    • 19Thanks
    dibble34
    Adidas Refuse To Accept Returned Football Kit
    • 27th Dec 17, 1:32 PM
    Adidas Refuse To Accept Returned Football Kit 27th Dec 17 at 1:32 PM
    Hi All

We Purchased an Adidas Bayern Munich kit from Adidas direct and paid extra to have the current keepers name and number printed on the top which was an option from the drop downs. He is 9 so we ordered 9-10 kit and it is far too small for him. Adidas are refusing to exchange the item or refund it as it has been customised. We are within the 14 day window to withdraw from the contract however they have advised customised items are excluded and quoted this
    “As I have informed you over the phone here is an extract from Terms and Conditions of adidas, point 2.13, as your case goes under exception of withdrawal:
    "Exceptions to your right of withdrawal

You do not have a legal right of withdrawal for contracts regarding the:

delivery of goods that are made to your own specifications or which are clearly tailored to your personal needs; and/or
    delivery of goods which are not suitable to be returned for health or hygiene reasons and where a seal was removed after delivery."

I can understand if we had our sons name printed on the back or something, but surely most people would have chosen to have the current keeper details printed on the back.

Any advice gratefully received as spent over £80 on this and just seems wrong!
Page 2
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 28th Dec 17, 8:10 PM
    • 11,704 Posts
    • 7,908 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Paypal will help if the item is SNAD - significantly not as described. However they do not help with SNAD if the item is custom made.

I think you may fail on two counts with Paypal. The item is only SNAD if it isn't as per the sizing on the website (regardless of who it fits or doesn't fit) and secondly, the addition of information making that item a customised item.

There is nothing to stop you trying, but me mindful in those terms when penning your case.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 28th Dec 17, 10:40 PM
    • 3,774 Posts
    • 3,817 Thanks
    DoaM
    Adding a player's name from a drop down list on the website is NOT customisation or personalising ... it is merely selecting a choice from supplier-offered options. (Much the same as selecting the desired size). As such this is NOT a valid reason for a supplier to reject a return/refund request. IF the option required the buyer to enter (type in) the name to be affixed then this WOULD be personalising.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 29th Dec 17, 6:40 AM
    • 2,605 Posts
    • 2,707 Thanks
    LadyDee
    I did pay via PayPal, could they help?
    With regards to size, we have purchased loads of Liverpool kits and never had an issue with size not matching age so donít think we are out of average sizing
    Originally posted by dibble34
    But did you check against the size chart on the website? Are all the kits you've purchased before from the same company? In any event, many sellers have their products made in different countries and even the same brand will vary. Have you checked your child's measurements against the chart provided? If you have, and they match up with the chart your case will be a lot stronger if the clothes don't fit.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 29th Dec 17, 1:41 PM
    • 11,704 Posts
    • 7,908 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Adding a player's name from a drop down list on the website is NOT customisation or personalising ... it is merely selecting a choice from supplier-offered options. (Much the same as selecting the desired size). As such this is NOT a valid reason for a supplier to reject a return/refund request. IF the option required the buyer to enter (type in) the name to be affixed then this WOULD be personalising.
    Originally posted by DoaM
    I agree. However Paypal may not. Having been in a situation where I have lost a dispute for opting for a colour from a drop down menu with a further pattern option, it is from personal experience that I warn it may not go in the buyer's favour. My item was considered customised and yet there is no way it was in the sense in the then-SOGA.

The problem is convincing Paypal.
    • dibble34
    • By dibble34 4th Jan 18, 9:07 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    dibble34
    Just wanted to update you all. I had still heard nothing so yesterday i sent an email to the ceo with all the details and also included the information from Unholyangel. Today I got a very nice email from the complaints department agreeing I can sent it all back for full refund. They even sent me a pre paid postage label to print. No idea if coincidence or if my email did the job, but a happy ending. Thanks to all those who provided helpful comments and in particular to Unholyangel
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 4th Jan 18, 11:33 PM
    • 2,632 Posts
    • 18,427 Thanks
    mije1983
    Thanks for coming back and updating the thread. So often people don't do that so it's not clear whether the advice given was useful or not!

• theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 5th Jan 18, 7:03 AM
    • 11,704 Posts
    • 7,908 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Excellent news and thanks for updating.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,166Posts Today

9,526Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @clq: @MartinSLewis You hit that one right out of the park. It might be the Tweet of the Century. I don't think anyone can do any Batter?

• You've run-out of puns. That's a bit of a googly, maybe I can help break your duck, though it is s sticky wicket, t? https://t.co/nJT51NpXfO

• RT @richlaing: @MartinSLewis Obviously spot poll but interested in the fact that 9% would opt out of donation. Interested to hear reasons w?

• Follow Martin