Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mimi Arc en ciel
    • By Mimi Arc en ciel 24th Dec 17, 11:28 PM
    • 4,485Posts
    • 5,791Thanks
    Mimi Arc en ciel
    0 WOW
    Boots Sale
    • 24th Dec 17, 11:28 PM
    0 WOW
    Boots Sale 24th Dec 17 at 11:28 PM
    Now on but taking ages to go through check out....

Official MoneySavingExpert insert Wed 17 Jan: Speculation as to when Boots will boost its 'up to 50% off sale' to 'up to 70% off' has been rife since before Christmas. Here's our Boots sale write-up with all the info we have so far, we'll update it when we know more.

Big thanks to Mimi Arc en ciel for starting the discussion!
    This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Rhiannon; Yesterday at 12:49 PM.
    Very proud mummy of 2!
Page 6
    • Storck
    • By Storck 13th Jan 18, 10:24 AM
    • 1,829 Posts
    • 2,317 Thanks
    Storck
    so does anyone think it will be this wednesday? so i can book a few hours off work. last year it was friday 20th cos i was up early on my actual birthday to wait outside Boots for it opening!
    Originally posted by traceya89
    No. This Wednesday is their promotion change and it hasnít clashed with that ever
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 13th Jan 18, 11:58 AM
    • 6,740 Posts
    • 47,925 Thanks
    kerri gt
    so does anyone think it will be this wednesday? so i can book a few hours off work. last year it was friday 20th cos i was up early on my actual birthday to wait outside Boots for it opening!
    Originally posted by traceya89
    I can't imagine that they would change it just for one year but who knows.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• catswiththumbs
    • By catswiththumbs 13th Jan 18, 7:32 PM
    • 275 Posts
    • 414 Thanks
    catswiththumbs
    No. This Wednesday is their promotion change and it hasnít clashed with that ever
    Originally posted by Storck

I'm predicting Fri 19th - last year because of all the speculation I remember Boots' facebook page posted the day before that it was happening "tomorrow". It was also on MSE main page that the announcement had been made.

Watch this page folks - might be Friday. I'll be doing a stock check on Tuesday afternoon (just in case) but will check again on Thursday
    • Spendless
    • By Spendless 13th Jan 18, 8:56 PM
    • 19,827 Posts
    • 32,376 Thanks
    Spendless
    apparently she put a lot of thought into all the items that went into it...nuff said really....
    Originally posted by kerri gt
    This comment made me chuckle out loud so much last night when I first read it and each time I read past it, catching up on the thread, I still am sniggering to myself. Teenage DD (a Zoella fan) asked me why and then when I told her gave me an icy stare and a retort that she didn't 'get' it.

I went into my large town centre Boots today, plenty of Soap and Glory and Zoella calendars and some bags (Jack wills?) but the rest is the absolute dregs of the stock. Odd item left of a good brand, there was one of the Jack Wills 4 crackers. I bought a pack a few weeks ago at 50%, because 3 weeks before each Christmas, my DD informs me that
    a, a gazillion schoolfriends are buying her presents so she needs to get them something
    and
    b, she has no money
    so I crack out whatever I siphoned off earlier in the year, crack open the crackers, share the miniatures out and pop them into a gauze bag from poundland and they look amazing.

Other than that a brand of 'Love to' (I think) sets and as much as I'm tempted to buy one for the person who puts no effort into what they get me (this year I received Baylis and Harding gift set!) I think sticking to what I've already said (DH can do the gift shopping for them ) is probably more fitting.

Even all the expensive make up brushes had gone, and there was 1 (double sided) and a half shelves of men's gifts - that was all.

I am still favouring Friday 19th, but who knows.
    Last edited by Spendless; 13-01-2018 at 9:05 PM.
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 13th Jan 18, 11:02 PM
    • 6,740 Posts
    • 47,925 Thanks
    kerri gt
    This comment made me chuckle out loud so much last night when I first read it and each time I read past it, catching up on the thread, I still am sniggering to myself. Teenage DD (a Zoella fan) asked me why and then when I told her gave me an icy stare and a retort that she didn't 'get' it.
    Originally posted by Spendless
    Ahh, it's times like that I feel old...followed swiftly by feeling thankful I am

(For some reason that also made me think of a conversation I overhear between two young ladies in front of me in a store which went something along the lines of one asking the other if a potato was a fruit or vegetable. )
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Africat
    • By Africat 14th Jan 18, 2:25 AM
    • 784 Posts
    • 1,167 Thanks
    Africat
    so I crack out whatever I siphoned off earlier in the year, crack open the crackers, share the miniatures out and pop them into a gauze bag from poundland and they look amazing.

Other than that a brand of 'Love to' (I think) sets and as much as I'm tempted to buy one for the person who puts no effort into what they get me (this year I received Baylis and Harding gift set!) I think sticking to what I've already said (DH can do the gift shopping for them ) is probably more fitting.

I am still favouring Friday 19th, but who knows.
    I also put a few mini's into a gauze bag as a stocking filler for someone the year and thought it looked quite nice, will defo be doing it again.

Yes, I had a Bayliss & Harding gift in my stocking this year (well secret Santa gift) in fact I think it's featured somewhere in my stocking for the last 3 it 4 years! seriously it's the thought that counts but I'd rather just have a gift bag with a couple of every day toiletry brand shower gels and a hand cream off the supermarket shelf costing a fraction of the price! At least it will actually get used!!
    Luckily I know someone that actually sees B&H as a quality brand and is happy to receive a gift of theirs. Some of their gifts aren't that cheap and do actually look quite nice it's just the stuff is such a disappointment! It's everywhere nowadays; I even saw it on QVC this year (at twice the price of the High Street) never thought I would see them selling it!! Needless to say, it didn't get good reviews...
    • Africat
    • By Africat 14th Jan 18, 3:30 PM
    • 784 Posts
    • 1,167 Thanks
    Africat
    Well, I have a 'mini' list ready but won't be spending as much as years gone by....

My local medium sized store doesn't have anywhere near as much Sanctuary or Champney's as previous years and not much in the way of men's either! Only things there seems plenty of is Soap & Glory, Zoella and FCUK men's socks gifts... Other stuff is just an odd few of each item of what they have so unless you're near the front it'll probably only be Zoella that's left!

I'm going to do a reccy of a couple of stores and decide which is best to start with but won't be going mad, I've had a few end of sale bargains at M&S, managed to get a couple of nice Extract gifts for £2.19 each instead of £12.50, kinda puts puts Boots sale into perspective....

Would like the Ted Baker women's Star Gift though, wouldn't normally bother but it comes with a nice eye mask and the two boxes it comes in are actually practical and reusable unlike some of the useless ones that are just a load of excess packaging of no real use!
    • Spendless
    • By Spendless 14th Jan 18, 4:07 PM
    • 19,827 Posts
    • 32,376 Thanks
    Spendless
    I think your stores have more than mine Africat. I've popped in both mine today and can't even remember seeing any Champneys or Sanctuary or even Ted Baker. Mostly Soap and Glory, Zoella, FCUK (mens)with a non-toiletry gift and then the odd Jack Wills left (plenty of bags!). I picked DD up a pack of the body sprays to put away. They'll be gone on 70% day and I paid with my points so they cost no real cash.

And loads of these left

https://www.boots.com/a-little-something-big-box-of-love-10232166
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 14th Jan 18, 4:11 PM
    • 6,740 Posts
    • 47,925 Thanks
    kerri gt
    I'd really like a couple of those Jack Wills sleep tee sets but I don't think my local has any left ATM. The last ones I saw had the tee shirt all pulled out...which I diligently folded nicely and put back in. Sadly out of budget at 50% off.

No idea what my local has left as haven't been in for a week or so.

Can't believe we're only up to page 6/7
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Africat
    • By Africat 14th Jan 18, 4:28 PM
    • 784 Posts
    • 1,167 Thanks
    Africat
    I think your stores have more than mine Africat. I've popped in both mine today and can't even remember seeing any Champneys or Sanctuary or even Ted Baker. Mostly Soap and Glory, Zoella, FCUK (mens)with a non-toiletry gift and then the odd Jack Wills left (plenty of bags!). I picked DD up a pack of the body sprays to put away. They'll be gone on 70% day and I paid with my points so they cost no real cash.

And loads of these left

Does make you wonder if it's gonna be worth getting out of bed for (I have a day off and could really use a lay in, lol!)

Not noticed those 'Little Something' sets left in mine; no idea what's it's like but it does actually look quite nice! They would be great to break down into little gift bags, pop into 'fill your own crackers' (me & my Mum make those up for each other now instead of buying them as that way you get something useful instead of the usual rubbish!). I also had an M&S advent calendar which can be reused as it's all little boxes so would go in those too, going to fill it up for my Mum this year).
    Unsure if it's worth the price without knowing what the stuffs like thou as I've seen similar cheaper elsewhere.
    • ARK5
    • By ARK5 14th Jan 18, 6:03 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 50 Thanks
    ARK5
    ... 3 weeks before each Christmas, my DD informs me that
    a, a gazillion schoolfriends are buying her presents so she needs to get them something
    and
    b, she has no money
    I can recommend the Nails Inc baubles in a gift box if you see any locally (sold out online). Your teenage daughter and friends would approve, I'm sure (if not still too young). I bought three when they went down to 50% off in the shop - I didn't think they'd last to 70% off day. They were a good price to begin with as the contents are worth about £22 and the presentation is lovely but they're £5 now, down from £10. I've opened one to use but unopened, the nail varnish and LipsInc Jelly Shot lip glaze will last till next Christmas easily (the nail varnishes last years).

http://www.boots.com/nails-inc-sparkle-all-the-way-bauble-10234286
    • Blueyez
    • By Blueyez 14th Jan 18, 6:07 PM
    • 2,476 Posts
    • 17,590 Thanks
    Blueyez
    Well, I have a 'mini' list ready but won't be spending as much as years gone by....

My local medium sized store doesn't have anywhere near as much Sanctuary or Champney's as previous years and not much in the way of men's either! Only things there seems plenty of is Soap & Glory, Zoella and FCUK men's socks gifts... Other stuff is just an odd few of each item of what they have so unless you're near the front it'll probably only be Zoella that's left!

I'm going to do a reccy of a couple of stores and decide which is best to start with but won't be going mad, I've had a few end of sale bargains at M&S, managed to get a couple of nice Extract gifts for £2.19 each instead of £12.50, kinda puts puts Boots sale into perspective....

Would like the Ted Baker women's Star Gift though, wouldn't normally bother but it comes with a nice eye mask and the two boxes it comes in are actually practical and reusable unlike some of the useless ones that are just a load of excess packaging of no real use!
    Originally posted by Africat

The small store I went into on Monday had three shelves full of Mens Ted Baker sets(Black boxes) and a few sets that had shaving stuff in (can't remember brand) usually no men's stuff at all.
    • sampan26
    • By sampan26 14th Jan 18, 6:09 PM
    • 596 Posts
    • 1,158 Thanks
    sampan26
    Iím after the Jack Wills tin/ sleep tee or ofher like as i quite like the JW smell! A few Sanctuary bits to keep myself going then just 2 sets to make up 2 friends Birthday presents next month.
    Other than those bathing i want 2 Zoella notebooks. No way are they worth £14 but for £4.80 i love them for work stuff!

I canít imaging Boota being busy to be honest. With this thread being dead and the stores still have LOADS in, i think people have given up!
    Maybe thereíll be a 90% sale again. There wa at my local last year!
    • Africat
    • By Africat 14th Jan 18, 7:31 PM
    • 784 Posts
    • 1,167 Thanks
    Africat
    Iím after the Jack Wills tin/ sleep tee or ofher like as i quite like the JW smell! A few Sanctuary bits to keep myself going then just 2 sets to make up 2 friends Birthday presents next month.
    Other than those bathing i want 2 Zoella notebooks. No way are they worth £14 but for £4.80 i love them for work stuff!

I canít imaging Boota being busy to be honest. With this thread being dead and the stores still have LOADS in, i think people have given up!
    Maybe thereíll be a 90% sale again. There wa at my local last year!
    Originally posted by sampan26
    I thought people must've given up last year with all the confusion but the queue was bigger than ever
    They'll be out in force no doubt about it but I think with lower stock levels alot of people are going to be very disappointed...
    The 90% sales usually happens but not usually anything left worth a special trip out for, I pick up better bargains from the discontinued stock clearances they have.
    • Africat
    • By Africat 14th Jan 18, 7:34 PM
    • 784 Posts
    • 1,167 Thanks
    Africat
    The small store I went into on Monday had three shelves full of Mens Ted Baker sets(Black boxes) and a few sets that had shaving stuff in (can't remember brand) usually no men's stuff at all.
    Originally posted by Blueyez
    Could do with some Mens Ted Baker, nothing in mine, just a load of FCUK sets with socks in and I got those last year so prefer not to give them again.
    • Africat
    • By Africat 14th Jan 18, 7:41 PM
    • 784 Posts
    • 1,167 Thanks
    Africat

And loads of these left

The Sanctuary and Champneys in mine was very limited, nothing in comparison to previous years, may be a bit left for 70% day but can't see there being much unless they get another load whipped in which people have said is unlikely this year.

My main store didn't have any ladies Ted Baker at all from what I remember, but my little tiny pharmacy store that nobody goes to has a few star gifts so hoping to pick one up from there.
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 14th Jan 18, 7:53 PM
    • 6,740 Posts
    • 47,925 Thanks
    kerri gt
    I thought people must've given up last year with all the confusion but the queue was bigger than ever
    They'll be out in force no doubt about it but I think with lower stock levels alot of people are going to be very disappointed...
    The 90% sales usually happens but not usually anything left worth a special trip out for, I pick up better bargains from the discontinued stock clearances they have.
    Originally posted by Africat
    Same here, including the usual lot who take their own massive IKkea bags and sweep everything off the shelf in one fowl swoop (and that's usually with their backside into a bag their husband is holding whilst they locust the shelf they are facing)....oops, was that rude of me

It's a shame there isn't a max number of items or max spend but Boots just want shot of the stuff so that will never happen.
    JAN NSD 11/16

• kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 14th Jan 18, 7:55 PM
    • 6,740 Posts
    • 47,925 Thanks
    kerri gt
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jack-Wills-Sleep-Tee-Gift-Set/182886618713?epid=0&hash=item2a94e45659:g:MuYAAOSw YeRaAzqd

Someone is hopeful at that price!
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Africat
    • By Africat 14th Jan 18, 8:09 PM
    • 784 Posts
    • 1,167 Thanks
    Africat
    Same here, including the usual lot who take their own massive IKkea bags and sweep everything off the shelf in one fowl swoop (and that's usually with their backside into a bag their husband is holding whilst they locust the shelf they are facing)....oops, was that rude of me

It's a shame there isn't a max number of items or max spend but Boots just want shot of the stuff so that will never happen.
    Originally posted by kerri gt
    If it were limited to 6 each it wouldn't make much difference as if people are working in groups they can just split them between them or queue up twice at a different till point.
    They do put limits on items online though that doesn't make any difference either as if someone wanted more they could just get another family member to put it through their account. There was a limit on the large Yankee Candle set online and they still have it left in the sale, think people have twigged on it's not so much of a bargain now, think it was a fiver more than last year and a fair few other places also had a similar offering cheaper, including Amazon who had it as a Black Friday deal.
    • Africat
    • By Africat 14th Jan 18, 8:15 PM
    • 784 Posts
    • 1,167 Thanks
    Africat
    Incidently, I'm assuming there won't be an online 70% sale again this year, another reason it'll be bedlam in the stores. It was actually bordering on dangerous in mine last year!
    My guess is what's left in the warehouse will suddenly pop up at 50% off again later in the year
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

84Posts Today

3,913Users online

Martin's Twitter