Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mimi Arc en ciel
    • By Mimi Arc en ciel 24th Dec 17, 11:28 PM
    • 4,485Posts
    • 5,791Thanks
    Mimi Arc en ciel
    0 WOW
    Boots Sale
    • 24th Dec 17, 11:28 PM
    0 WOW
    Boots Sale 24th Dec 17 at 11:28 PM
    Now on but taking ages to go through check out....

Official MoneySavingExpert insert Wed 17 Jan: Speculation as to when Boots will boost its 'up to 50% off sale' to 'up to 70% off' has been rife since before Christmas. Here's our Boots sale write-up with all the info we have so far, we'll update it when we know more.

Big thanks to Mimi Arc en ciel for starting the discussion!
    This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Rhiannon; Yesterday at 12:49 PM.
    Very proud mummy of 2!
Page 4
    • Spendless
    • By Spendless 10th Jan 18, 7:07 AM
    • 19,827 Posts
    • 32,376 Thanks
    Spendless
    I think this time people may find more choice in medium and small stores as they arenít moving stock to the large stores, well that is the case near me.
    Originally posted by Storck
    That would make sense. My large Boots looked shot to pieces last time I went in (Boxing Day) whereas the small Boots near me, had loads of stock earlier this week when I went in. Didn't look too hard for anything I might be interested in, was trying to find a present for DD's friend, DD decided against anything they had and bought in TKMaxx instead.
    • alembicbassman
    • By alembicbassman 10th Jan 18, 8:38 AM
    • 23 Posts
    • 53 Thanks
    alembicbassman
    & gifts for men that are useless.
    Originally posted by malebolge
    Plenty of useless men out there
    • moneysaver890
    • By moneysaver890 10th Jan 18, 10:15 AM
    • 128 Posts
    • 721 Thanks
    moneysaver890
    I think this time people may find more choice in medium and small stores as they arenít moving stock to the large stores, well that is the case near me.
    Ahh right, I was considering going to the larger Meadowhall store this year but think I will stick with my local again (unless the shelves have emptied by next week)
    • poormaria
    • By poormaria 10th Jan 18, 1:39 PM
    • 189 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    poormaria
    BOOTS - 75% sale items
    Does anyone know when this starts?
    PoorMoon

Cleared £15,000 debt whilst being a student full time, bought a house, all whilst working full time.... it can be done!
    • Africat
    • By Africat 10th Jan 18, 5:21 PM
    • 785 Posts
    • 1,170 Thanks
    Africat
    Called in my medium sized store on my way home, defo doesn't seem as much left as normal and less variety too, so unless they're going to have a big refill before the day I don't know if it's going to be worth it.

Lots of S&G star Gifts though and the large round bauble tin thingy... I do wish they wouldn't make gifts like that as they are so impractical and can't be used to stack / store much; not very environmentally friendly!!
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 10th Jan 18, 5:52 PM
    • 6,742 Posts
    • 47,937 Thanks
    kerri gt
    I believe that stores weren't sent so much stock this Xmas to begin with - and stores aren't expecting new deliveries (at the end of the day it costs Boots to transport stock around - for 70% off sales that just isn't economical) so i think largely what is there, is going to be it. It's not in the interest of stores to overstock and have lots left for the 70% sale. Ideally, they wouldn't even be selling at 50%.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Baskcm
    • By Baskcm 10th Jan 18, 11:15 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    Baskcm
    I believe that stores weren't sent so much stock this Xmas to begin with - and stores aren't expecting new deliveries (at the end of the day it costs Boots to transport stock around - for 70% off sales that just isn't economical) so i think largely what is there, is going to be it. It's not in the interest of stores to overstock and have lots left for the 70% sale. Ideally, they wouldn't even be selling at 50%.
    Originally posted by kerri gt
    what you said is exactly right gone are the days where there is loads of stock left over its now about saving money
    • Africat
    • By Africat 10th Jan 18, 11:31 PM
    • 785 Posts
    • 1,170 Thanks
    Africat
    what you said is exactly right gone are the days where there is loads of stock left over its now about saving money
    Originally posted by Baskcm
    I always wondered how they could get stock levels so massively wrong anyway.
    • katecheshire
    • By katecheshire 11th Jan 18, 1:04 AM
    • 227 Posts
    • 153 Thanks
    katecheshire
    There was loads of stock in Chester Foregate Street yesterday.
    • Africat
    • By Africat 11th Jan 18, 8:15 AM
    • 785 Posts
    • 1,170 Thanks
    Africat
    I have a few Sanctuary sets from the sale a couple of years ago, since then it's had a revamp of the packaging so I will have to use it myself now as wouldn't sit right with me giving as a gift as so obvious that it's been bought in the sale or a recycled gift!!

Traditionally Boots seem to have a revamp of one of their indulgent bathing ranges every year - another reason not to bulk buy to stash away, better to just buy for yourself!
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 11th Jan 18, 9:20 AM
    • 6,742 Posts
    • 47,937 Thanks
    kerri gt
    I have a few Sanctuary sets from the sale a couple of years ago, since then it's had a revamp of the packaging so I will have to use it myself now as wouldn't sit right with me giving as a gift as so obvious that it's been bought in the sale or a recycled gift!!

Traditionally Boots seem to have a revamp of one of their indulgent bathing ranges every year - another reason not to bulk buy to stash away, better to just buy for yourself!
    Originally posted by Africat
    I guess you could always remove from the packaging and make up in a gift bag or personalised hamper.
    JAN NSD 11/16

• sampan26
    • By sampan26 11th Jan 18, 9:27 AM
    • 596 Posts
    • 1,158 Thanks
    sampan26
    Boots do seem to revamp a LOT! I was not happy with the No7 bathing revamp as it smells horrid now. Probably why there was no bathing in the Star Gift this year!

There's actually more stock in my local than the usual years. I think certain brands have misjudged the demand. Like S&G is overflowing in the aisles!
    • Desperado99
    • By Desperado99 11th Jan 18, 10:55 AM
    • 1,125 Posts
    • 4,822 Thanks
    Desperado99
    Originally posted by Africat
    It's quite entertaining looking on ebay and spotting the sanctuary sets from 3/4/5 years ago
    • alembicbassman
    • By alembicbassman 11th Jan 18, 11:49 AM
    • 23 Posts
    • 53 Thanks
    alembicbassman
    In 2016 the store I worked at had thousands of Jack Wills soaps on a rope delivered, we were only selling a few every week. We were sure there had been a delivery error and tried everything to send them back to the warehouse in Burton so that they could be re-delivered to other stores. Burton refused to take them back.

The £12 soaps eventually ended up in the 90% off sale, but nobody wanted them and they were given away to the Salvation Army

The delivery system is so chaotic stores can show stock figures in the hundreds on the computer and not have any on the shelves.

Often the pickers at Burton get outers mixed up with singles, so a shop that should get 60 singles (10 outers of 6) gets 60 outers (360 singles) and this gets logged out as 60 singles.

One year 160 bottles of fine fragrance went missing in transit, the head of Loss Prevention had to find out where it had gone. It was never found.

The Christmas stock allocation is very hit and miss sometimes. Primarily due to poor stock control at Burton through the use of untrained casual agency staff.
    • mrs lds
    • By mrs lds 11th Jan 18, 12:50 PM
    • 3,570 Posts
    • 19,808 Thanks
    mrs lds
    In 2016 the store I worked at had thousands of Jack Wills soaps on a rope delivered, we were only selling a few every week. We were sure there had been a delivery error and tried everything to send them back to the warehouse in Burton so that they could be re-delivered to other stores. Burton refused to take them back.

The £12 soaps eventually ended up in the 90% off sale, but nobody wanted them and they were given away to the Salvation Army

The delivery system is so chaotic stores can show stock figures in the hundreds on the computer and not have any on the shelves.

Often the pickers at Burton get outers mixed up with singles, so a shop that should get 60 singles (10 outers of 6) gets 60 outers (360 singles) and this gets logged out as 60 singles.

One year 160 bottles of fine fragrance went missing in transit, the head of Loss Prevention had to find out where it had gone. It was never found.

The Christmas stock allocation is very hit and miss sometimes. Primarily due to poor stock control at Burton through the use of untrained casual agency staff.
    Originally posted by alembicbassman
    That is true, my small local has loads of S&G. Do you think there will be a 75% off sale anytime soon?
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 11th Jan 18, 3:31 PM
    • 12,790 Posts
    • 40,471 Thanks
    sarah1972
    Does anyone know when this starts?
    Originally posted by poormaria
    That is true, my small local has loads of S&G. Do you think there will be a 75% off sale anytime soon?
    Originally posted by mrs lds
    Its usually 70% not 75%
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • sarahj1986
    • By sarahj1986 11th Jan 18, 3:41 PM
    • 1,063 Posts
    • 1,969 Thanks
    sarahj1986
    Stratford Upon Avon maybird store has loads left yesterday. 60% of what they had before xmas. S&G takes up 25% if that, there’s a whole aisle of that left. Another poster daidnits becoming the equivalent of Baylis and Harding, I think that’s quite true, it’s no longer seen as a luxury
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 11th Jan 18, 6:23 PM
    • 6,742 Posts
    • 47,937 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Stratford Upon Avon maybird store has loads left yesterday. 60% of what they had before xmas. S&G takes up 25% if that, thereís a whole aisle of that left. Another poster daidnits becoming the equivalent of Baylis and Harding, I think thatís quite true, itís no longer seen as a luxury
    Originally posted by sarahj1986
    I do quite like B&H though (the bath stuff, not the cigarettes )
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Storck
    • By Storck 11th Jan 18, 7:38 PM
    • 1,829 Posts
    • 2,318 Thanks
    Storck
    Still no word of when it will be.
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
    • sarahj1986
    • By sarahj1986 12th Jan 18, 7:38 AM
    • 1,063 Posts
    • 1,969 Thanks
    sarahj1986
    Still no word of when it will be.
    I think itís the 70% off sale thatís causing the high stock levels at stores still. I remember when I first went years ago although very well known on here not so much everywhere else. Now everybody seems to know that at some point in January boots will flog the xmas stock at 70% so why buy it at 50% when you can wait a few weeks. The sale really has become a victim of its own success.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,956Posts Today

8,610Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @RobiMous2: Yesterday I saved myself £30 a month by switching utilities and cancelling a sim no one in the family used anymore. Inspired?

• RT @elainelawro: @MartinSLewis When I lost my mum suddenly from a burst aneurysm on the brain I was unaware that my mum had signed up to do?

• RT @AlisonKinder: @MartinSLewis I?m on my second kidney transplant in Thirty years. My life has been changed beyond recognition twice by th?

• Follow Martin