Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mimi Arc en ciel
    • By Mimi Arc en ciel 24th Dec 17, 11:28 PM
    • 4,488Posts
    • 5,793Thanks
    Mimi Arc en ciel
    0 WOW
    Boots Sale
    • 24th Dec 17, 11:28 PM
    0 WOW
    Boots Sale 24th Dec 17 at 11:28 PM
    Now on but taking ages to go through check out....

Official MoneySavingExpert insert Fri 9 Feb: Speculation as to when Boots will boost its 'up to 70% off sale' to 'up to 90% off' has been around for a few weeks. Here's our Boots sale write-up with all the info we have so far, we'll update it when we know more.

Big thanks to Mimi Arc en ciel for starting the discussion!
    This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Rhiannon; 09-02-2018 at 11:08 AM.
    Very proud mummy of 2!
Page 27
    • Londonrose
    • By Londonrose 7th Feb 18, 2:12 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Londonrose
    If it!!!8217;s not this week then I image there won!!!8217;t be a 90% off sale this year.
    • Desperado99
    • By Desperado99 7th Feb 18, 9:18 AM
    • 1,140 Posts
    • 4,867 Thanks
    Desperado99
    Still @70%
    • Gigervamp
    • By Gigervamp 7th Feb 18, 10:30 AM
    • 6,268 Posts
    • 19,984 Thanks
    Gigervamp
    With only a load of Zoella calenders and the occasional Fabletics set, it's probably not worth doing a 90% sale. I would have thought they'd either just drop the price and stick them on the normal reduced shelves, or get rid of them.
    • Desperado99
    • By Desperado99 7th Feb 18, 12:58 PM
    • 1,140 Posts
    • 4,867 Thanks
    Desperado99
    With only a load of Zoella calenders and the occasional Fabletics set, it's probably not worth doing a 90% sale. I would have thought they'd either just drop the price and stick them on the normal reduced shelves, or get rid of them.
    Originally posted by Gigervamp
    I've been in previous years when it's just been a tiny shelf with half a dozen bits in it (paper watches anyone? )

I wonder if they might sell the calendars wholesale off to home bargains/bargain buys or somewhere similar. Having said that, my local is now down to maybe half a dozen of them (50 last week) whilst the fabletics stuff is still hanging on......... Some Boots Extracts sets have reappeared that were nowhere to be seen previously (and they do look like they might have spent a year or so in the warehouse).
    • Storck
    • By Storck 7th Feb 18, 3:38 PM
    • 1,841 Posts
    • 2,397 Thanks
    Storck
    Friday is sale day. In store only and it excludes any alcohol sets
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
    • lynne1966
    • By lynne1966 7th Feb 18, 6:30 PM
    • 226 Posts
    • 678 Thanks
    lynne1966
    The Birmingham High Street Zoella advent calendars have disappeared today and some of the stuff that was loitering on the 70% shelves have moved to the reduced to clear shelves. I will miss looking at those Zoella calendars....
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 7th Feb 18, 7:04 PM
    • 6,861 Posts
    • 48,577 Thanks
    kerri gt
    I will miss looking at those Zoella calendars....
    Originally posted by lynne1966
    Don't worry - they'll prob reappear come November

Saying that, our local ones disappeared when the 70% was moved to the little clearance shelves...then reappeared so you might seem them again yet.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Spendless
    • By Spendless 7th Feb 18, 8:37 PM
    • 19,945 Posts
    • 32,736 Thanks
    Spendless
    I'm at work on Friday but DD is off as she has an inset day. I said to her that she could go into town and see if they had any Zoella calendars left and she said 'I don't think I want one'....shortly followed by 'but I might if they're only £5'.

If I finish work early enough tomorrow, I might go and see what stock the town centre has left.
    • TravellingAbuela
    • By TravellingAbuela 8th Feb 18, 6:48 AM
    • 3,813 Posts
    • 24,575 Thanks
    TravellingAbuela
    There were dozens of Zoella calendars in my store today! One aisle end was packed with them!
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
    • CloughiesBrewerArmy
    • By CloughiesBrewerArmy 8th Feb 18, 9:18 PM
    • 115 Posts
    • 1,396 Thanks
    CloughiesBrewerArmy
    Don't know if this thread is the right place (let me k now if it's not and re-direct me if possible)

No 7 - Someone has asked me for some for a birthday present and it's not cheap.

I've noticed some money off at the moment. Is now the time to pounce or could it drop lower in the sale, or is No 7 not considered something that will go down further?

Thanks
    Weight Loss - Start (21st September 2016) 13st 10lbs, Current 10st 10lb (20th August 2017)

Target 11st 3lbs - Completed

New target - lose remainder of fat and gain muscle
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 9th Feb 18, 12:52 AM
    • 4,232 Posts
    • 9,303 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    Which items exactly are you looking at? I would imagine it's not sale items, as those would have been in like a Christmas gift set. I imagine it's just that No 7 is on special offer at the moment. Like some items are 3 for 2 and some are buy 1 get 1 1/2 price. If so, and the Birthday is soon - then I'd take whatever current offer you can get because it will reduce the price. I notice today on their site they are advertising £10 worth of points for every £60 you spend. That's a decent offer that doesn't come around too often, but you might not be looking to spend that much. But maybe there are some things you need as well?

Don't forget to use your Advantage card on all spends at Boots, as the points soon add up - especially when you take advantage of the offers they send you. See if you have any related to No 7?
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £34,102.73
    (Not inc coupons, yellow stickies, bank interest or loyalty rewards because I have better things to do than catalogue everything!) Swagbucks £2,338.50
    • team-cullen
    • By team-cullen 9th Feb 18, 8:16 AM
    • 122 Posts
    • 74 Thanks
    team-cullen
    Is 90% on today then
    • team-cullen
    • By team-cullen 9th Feb 18, 8:26 AM
    • 122 Posts
    • 74 Thanks
    team-cullen
    Answered my own question it is 90% off today
    • sarahskint
    • By sarahskint 9th Feb 18, 9:19 AM
    • 863 Posts
    • 11,850 Thanks
    sarahskint
    managed to get a couple of sleek sets and soap and glory ones for £5 each, I steered clear of the zoella calendars lol
    • sampan26
    • By sampan26 9th Feb 18, 9:23 AM
    • 606 Posts
    • 1,188 Thanks
    sampan26
    I was a bit too late, as all the Zoella/ Fabletics were being picked up by the time I arrive. Oh well, didn't really want them desperately!
    Nothing else in my local though!

FYI; definitely 90% off today
    • doctordonna
    • By doctordonna 9th Feb 18, 10:07 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    doctordonna
    Reading Broad Street tried to confuse me by still having the 70% sign up but the Zoella jotter I found hidden under a pile of calendars went through at 90%. The Oracle store had loads of the Fabletics and calendars, as well as a men's beard care set (Brisk). Got 2 tin robot money boxes at £1 each amongst other things. So that's it for another year! Thanks to all who have passed on info to inform. See you next year....?
    • catswiththumbs
    • By catswiththumbs 9th Feb 18, 10:16 AM
    • 293 Posts
    • 472 Thanks
    catswiththumbs
    managed to get a couple of sleek sets and soap and glory ones for £5 each, I steered clear of the zoella calendars lol
    Originally posted by sarahskint

Soap & Glory???? Still left at this late stage ?? Lucky you
    • MSE Rhiannon
    • By MSE Rhiannon 9th Feb 18, 11:05 AM
    • 74 Posts
    • 160 Thanks
    MSE Rhiannon
    There's still 70% off signs up in some stores - even in this store with the 90% off signs - but it's on! Thanks to everyone for their help
    Keeper of: Supermarket coupons, Birthday freebies, School holidays & Cheap perfume guides.
    Follow us on Twitter & Facebook to grab the latest MSE Deals.
    • Desperado99
    • By Desperado99 9th Feb 18, 11:37 AM
    • 1,140 Posts
    • 4,867 Thanks
    Desperado99
    Well done on getting Soap & Glory!!!

I couldn't get to ours for opening, but there was still a lot of calendars/fabletics/lucy m left at 10am.
    Got a bunch of wrapping paper (they are enforcing the 6 of each item per person rule), a couple of fabletics sets and a lucy m set (at those prices it's worth it to use at home).

I also wandered over to Clintons and got some nice exercise books @70% off

When I left (Grimsby Freshney Place), they still had stuff left but I wouldn't make a special journey unless you REALLY need a Zoella calendar (although, whoever buys the slightly opened chocolate pizza is a braver person than me).
    • catswiththumbs
    • By catswiththumbs 9th Feb 18, 1:04 PM
    • 293 Posts
    • 472 Thanks
    catswiththumbs
    There's still 70% off signs up in some stores - even in this store with the 90% off signs - but it's on! Thanks to everyone for their help
    Originally posted by MSE Rhiannon

That's a lot of stock - in Durham Market Place & Arnison Centre there was virtually nothing left at all at the beginning of the week.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

171Posts Today

1,624Users online

Martin's Twitter