Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mimi Arc en ciel
    • By Mimi Arc en ciel 24th Dec 17, 11:28 PM
    • 4,488Posts
    • 5,793Thanks
    Mimi Arc en ciel
    0 WOW
    Boots Sale
    • 24th Dec 17, 11:28 PM
    0 WOW
    Boots Sale 24th Dec 17 at 11:28 PM
    Now on but taking ages to go through check out....

Official MoneySavingExpert insert Fri 9 Feb: Speculation as to when Boots will boost its 'up to 70% off sale' to 'up to 90% off' has been around for a few weeks. Here's our Boots sale write-up with all the info we have so far, we'll update it when we know more.

Big thanks to Mimi Arc en ciel for starting the discussion!
    This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Rhiannon; 09-02-2018 at 11:08 AM.
    Very proud mummy of 2!
Page 26
    • Storck
    • By Storck 2nd Feb 18, 9:10 PM
    • 1,841 Posts
    • 2,397 Thanks
    Storck
    Hi, do you mind me asking why Tuesday? Wednesday is usually offer promotion day isn't it? Thanks
    Originally posted by SJay25

Just so that stores can be told on the Monday. Monday is out as they would need to know before the weekend.

It is just guessing until something is announced
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
    • Storck
    • By Storck 2nd Feb 18, 9:14 PM
    • 1,841 Posts
    • 2,397 Thanks
    Storck
    I've just had an email from Boots and it included the following

"PS Sorry, you may experience some downtime on boots.com from 9pm on Saturday. Just wanted to let you know so you don't miss out"

What could be happening on Saturday night????
    Originally posted by catswiththumbs
    It is a big computer update due to run until Sunday morning just in time for the stores to open. All their online ordering, stock control systems, app, online pharmacy are off.
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 2nd Feb 18, 10:20 PM
    • 4,229 Posts
    • 9,302 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    Got a couple of packs of charity Christmas cards, always useful to have in-stock. 30p for 10. Not quite as good as the 10p per pack I managed in their sale, but that was about 25 years ago! lol I guess not bad considering inflation.

Loads of Fabletics sets left, some Frozen bar soaps and a few other bits.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £34,102.73
    (Not inc coupons, yellow stickies, bank interest or loyalty rewards because I have better things to do than catalogue everything!) Swagbucks £2,338.50
    • Africat
    • By Africat 3rd Feb 18, 8:26 AM
    • 883 Posts
    • 1,405 Thanks
    Africat
    Bet we won't be seeing Fabletics again this Christmas
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 3rd Feb 18, 10:34 AM
    • 6,855 Posts
    • 48,559 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Originally posted by Africat
    Either that or we will...and it will look oddly familiar from what they had on shelf in the run up to Xmas I think they just over bought on stock, the one in the neoprene bag looked quite goood for chucking sweaty gym stuff into to be fair. Although I'm not sure how it would be received 'happy Xmas, here's a bag I thought would be useful for your sweaty undies'
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Africat
    • By Africat 3rd Feb 18, 8:29 PM
    • 883 Posts
    • 1,405 Thanks
    Africat
    Been at Cheshire Oaks outlet today; the Yankee Candle store had most of it's Christmas range at half price plus BOGOF; picked up another couple of the gold bags working out at £5.00 each so cheaper than I paid in the Boots 70% sale

Boots at Collosium Shopping Park, Ellesmere Port had nothing but, drumroll... yep you guessed it; a load of Zoella calendars
    Last edited by Africat; 03-02-2018 at 9:20 PM.
    • Spendless
    • By Spendless 3rd Feb 18, 11:41 PM
    • 19,942 Posts
    • 32,706 Thanks
    Spendless
    There are twelve days of Christmas - that is days following Christmas. The period before Christmas is called Advent and that is why those 24/25-day ones are called Advent Calendars.

So I imagine that the 12 days of Christmas calendars are meant to be given as Christmas presents and "windows" opened one a day from then on.

That takes you up to Epiphany, when the wise men arrived with their three gifts. That's the end of Christmas.
    Originally posted by anamenottaken
    I'd not even thoght of that till you said. That makes it worse. I doubt many adults like Zoella stuff, so someone may have spent £50 on a teens xmas present only for them to open one of the doors and find table confetti! What were they thinking?!

Yeah, I'm glad the nation shames the same level of enthusiasm as me for the gym.

the one in the neoprene bag looked quite goood for chucking sweaty gym stuff into to be fair. Although I'm not sure how it would be received 'happy Xmas, here's a bag I thought would be useful for your sweaty undies'
    Originally posted by kerri gt
    I did buy this in the 70% off sale and exactly for sticking dirty underwear in but not at the gym I thought it would come in handy for short trips away when you're thinking 'damn, didn't fetch anything to put knickers/socks/bras that now need washing in' what can I use. Can't remember what I paid now, but didn't have a bag of that shape/size so thought it worth it just for the bag.
    • jenniewb
    • By jenniewb 4th Feb 18, 1:33 AM
    • 12,333 Posts
    • 11,594 Thanks
    jenniewb
    I'd bet the opposite- I'd bet that some will have bought as many as they can at 70% off to gift for next years Xmas...and those who read the forum will sit there wisely nodding and cringing in equal measure!
    • Africat
    • By Africat 4th Feb 18, 6:54 AM
    • 883 Posts
    • 1,405 Thanks
    Africat
    I'd bet the opposite- I'd bet that some will have bought as many as they can at 70% off to gift for next years Xmas...and those who read the forum will sit there wisely nodding and cringing in equal measure!
    Originally posted by jenniewb
    Not to sound ungrateful but I hope I'm not getting one in my stocking
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 4th Feb 18, 11:22 AM
    • 6,855 Posts
    • 48,559 Thanks
    kerri gt

I did buy this in the 70% off sale and exactly for sticking dirty underwear in but not at the gym I thought it would come in handy for short trips away when you're thinking 'damn, didn't fetch anything to put knickers/socks/bras that now need washing in' what can I use. Can't remember what I paid now, but didn't have a bag of that shape/size so thought it worth it just for the bag.
    Originally posted by Spendless
    I have an underwear bag a friend bought me many years ago, but it's too pretty to put dirties in so I only use it when packing clean undies so they don't get lost in my case.
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Africat
    • By Africat 4th Feb 18, 12:16 PM
    • 883 Posts
    • 1,405 Thanks
    Africat
    I have an underwear bag a friend bought me many years ago, but it's too pretty to put dirties in so I only use it when packing clean undies so they don't get lost in my case.
    I do the same, dirties get shoved in a carrier bag
    • cazkins
    • By cazkins 5th Feb 18, 6:51 PM
    • 286 Posts
    • 409 Thanks
    cazkins
    Any rumblings about whether the 90% may go on tomorrow..?
    ... Just Keep Swimming ...
    • Storck
    • By Storck 5th Feb 18, 7:39 PM
    • 1,841 Posts
    • 2,397 Thanks
    Storck
    I!!!8217;ve not heard anything
    • Africat
    • By Africat 5th Feb 18, 8:37 PM
    • 883 Posts
    • 1,405 Thanks
    Africat
    Popped in Meadowhall today, nothing but Zoella Advent Calendars and a sole Fabletics set. Certainly won't be bothering with 90% day...
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 5th Feb 18, 9:41 PM
    • 6,855 Posts
    • 48,559 Thanks
    kerri gt
    We've spent so long talking about Zoella calendars I almost want one now....almost
    JAN NSD 11/16

• catswiththumbs
    • By catswiththumbs 6th Feb 18, 10:23 AM
    • 293 Posts
    • 472 Thanks
    catswiththumbs
    We've spent so long talking about Zoella calendars I almost want one now....almost

Even at £5 (if they go to 90% off) I'm struggling to see that the contents are worth it. The only items of substance are a notebook, 2 candles and 2 cookie cutters.
    This item has been the laughing stock of 2017 and this year too so far.....
    • Blueyez
    • By Blueyez 6th Feb 18, 10:36 AM
    • 2,580 Posts
    • 17,805 Thanks
    Blueyez
    Even at £5 (if they go to 90% off) I'm struggling to see that the contents are worth it. The only items of substance are a notebook, 2 candles and 2 cookie cutters.
    I wonder if there will be another range this Christmas?
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 6th Feb 18, 11:38 AM
    • 6,855 Posts
    • 48,559 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Still 70% off today - did look at a Fabletics set with body wash and body lotion, it had a nice looking microfibre type towel in it which could be useful. Still didn't buy one though.
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Spendless
    • By Spendless 6th Feb 18, 4:43 PM
    • 19,942 Posts
    • 32,706 Thanks
    Spendless
    Apparently the notebook is tiny. DD also says the cookie cutters snapped on one of the youtube videos she watched on the contents. I'd want one just for the purse I think and I'd keep the candle myself. £5 is the most I'd want to pay.
    • Storck
    • By Storck 6th Feb 18, 7:56 PM
    • 1,841 Posts
    • 2,397 Thanks
    Storck
    Still no news
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,888Posts Today

5,636Users online

Martin's Twitter