Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • A4445
    • By A4445 23rd Dec 17, 7:43 PM
    • 680Posts
    • 307Thanks
    A4445
    Amazon Credit Builder Card
    • 23rd Dec 17, 7:43 PM
    Amazon Credit Builder Card 23rd Dec 17 at 7:43 PM
    Amazon have introduced a new card. Amazon classic 29.9% APR it states credit builder card with 0% on purchases for 3 months. The website says they if you use the card, pay on time and stay within your credit limit, the card with be upgraded to the Platinum card after 12 months.
Page 3
    • SnowTiger
    • By SnowTiger 4th Jan 18, 1:13 PM
    • 3,135 Posts
    • 2,113 Thanks
    SnowTiger
    Applied for card Christmas Day (25th December). PIN arrived 3rd January and card arrived 4th January.

On-screen message at the end of my application said I would receive a £10 Amazon voucher. I've just registered the card and on checking my Amazon account note it's been credited with £20.

All good so far.
    • SnowTiger
    • By SnowTiger 5th Jan 18, 8:37 AM
    • 3,135 Posts
    • 2,113 Thanks
    SnowTiger
    Applied for card Christmas Day (25th December). PIN arrived 3rd January and card arrived 4th January.
    Originally posted by SnowTiger
    5th January now. I received a notification from Noddle to let me know the account has already been added to my CRA file.
    • A4445
    • By A4445 5th Jan 18, 9:40 AM
    • 680 Posts
    • 307 Thanks
    A4445
    5th January now. I received a notification from Noddle to let me know the account has already been added to my CRA file.
    It's already showing on my report as off today, my mythical score dropped 55 points. What limit did they offer, if you don't mind me asking?
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 5th Jan 18, 10:18 AM
    • 2,106 Posts
    • 877 Thanks
    20aday
    Has been added to my Noddle account too; £500 limit but that's fine as I'm only using it to work towards the Amazon rewards card.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
    • A4445
    • By A4445 5th Jan 18, 10:36 AM
    • 680 Posts
    • 307 Thanks
    A4445
    Has been added to my Noddle account too; £500 limit but that's fine as I'm only using it to work towards the Amazon rewards card.
    Originally posted by 20aday
    I think I was lucky to get £700! Its funny as my Amex limit is £9k
    • SnowTiger
    • By SnowTiger 5th Jan 18, 3:45 PM
    • 3,135 Posts
    • 2,113 Thanks
    SnowTiger
    It's already showing on my report as off today, my mythical score dropped 55 points. What limit did they offer, if you don't mind me asking?
    Originally posted by A4445
    £1,500. It's my seventh credit card in as many months as I'm doing quite a lot of snoozing. IIRC Experian lists fourteen credit searches in the past six months - I've recently closed a few bank accounts and opened some new ones too.

My credit scores are in the toilet at the moment.
    • A4445
    • By A4445 5th Jan 18, 7:05 PM
    • 680 Posts
    • 307 Thanks
    A4445
    £1,500. It's my seventh credit card in as many months as I'm doing quite a lot of snoozing. IIRC Experian lists fourteen credit searches in the past six months - I've recently closed a few bank accounts and opened some new ones too.

My credit scores are in the toilet at the moment.
    I didn't think you could get accepted for anything with 14 searches! Perhaps their not as damaging as I thought!
    • SnowTiger
    • By SnowTiger 7th Jan 18, 5:59 PM
    • 3,135 Posts
    • 2,113 Thanks
    SnowTiger
    Amazon card rejected THREE times when trying to purchase tickets from Virgin Trains' website earlier today, with the response 'The credit card number is invalid for the chosen card type'.

Virgin's own Mastercard worked.
    • A4445
    • By A4445 7th Jan 18, 6:04 PM
    • 680 Posts
    • 307 Thanks
    A4445
    Amazon card rejected THREE times when trying to purchase tickets from Virgin Trains' website earlier today, with the response 'The credit card number is invalid for the chosen card type'.

Virgin's own Mastercard worked.
    That's no good! What's the pain having a card that doesn't work! I've used my Amazon card a few times with no issues. Maybe Newdays system is having an off day
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 7th Jan 18, 6:45 PM
    • 369 Posts
    • 200 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    Did you activate the card?
    • MoneySaver123
    • By MoneySaver123 7th Jan 18, 8:35 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    MoneySaver123
    I've had the Amazon Classic for a few weeks and it's been fine, just a low limit but 0% on purchases is good and I got the £20.

I've had it not go through on a site and I think it's to do with 3D secure or something...
    • A4445
    • By A4445 7th Jan 18, 9:18 PM
    • 680 Posts
    • 307 Thanks
    A4445
    Does anyone have any idea how long until newday review credit limits as £700 isn't really very useful!
    • MoneySaver123
    • By MoneySaver123 7th Jan 18, 9:21 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    MoneySaver123
    My Marbles card was upped only about 9 months after I got it I think...but it may be sooner on their different brands.
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 7th Jan 18, 11:18 PM
    • 369 Posts
    • 200 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    Depends on card utilisation, other debts and other credit utilisations etc
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 8th Jan 18, 9:14 AM
    • 2,106 Posts
    • 877 Thanks
    20aday
    Highest credit card limit is £2,050 with Lloyds Bank but that's more than enough for me to be honest.

Had set up alerts and although the transaction is still pending I got an email from New Day within minutes of using my card for the first time Sunday morning.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
    • dazzaofdagenham
    • By dazzaofdagenham 8th Jan 18, 6:44 PM
    • 1,072 Posts
    • 363 Thanks
    dazzaofdagenham
    My amazon card came with a 500 limit...

Pretty low really, but after 12 months it can be upgraded to a platinum card.
    • A4445
    • By A4445 8th Jan 18, 7:11 PM
    • 680 Posts
    • 307 Thanks
    A4445
    My amazon card came with a 500 limit...

Pretty low really, but after 12 months it can be upgraded to a platinum card.
    Originally posted by dazzaofdagenham
    Newday do seem very tight with their limits, their not going to make much off low limits.
    • dazzaofdagenham
    • By dazzaofdagenham 9th Jan 18, 4:11 AM
    • 1,072 Posts
    • 363 Thanks
    dazzaofdagenham
    Newday do seem very tight with their limits, their not going to make much off low limits.
    True.

Already have a 20 voucher from them and 3 months with no interest.

Even if the limit was 5k then they won’t make much from me
    • tastyhog
    • By tastyhog 9th Jan 18, 8:07 PM
    • 261 Posts
    • 412 Thanks
    tastyhog

it's a credit builder card, there's a reason people are getting them and it's not because they have shown to be a good credit risk in the past, they have either had past problems or they have a sparse file, would you lend £500 to someone who has previously not paid it back or who hasn't shown they can manage debts yet.
    • binaryuniverse
    • By binaryuniverse 9th Jan 18, 10:30 PM
    • 531 Posts
    • 303 Thanks
    binaryuniverse
    I got an Amazon Platinum with a limit of £500.
    Not a big deal, as I pay it off in full each month. And it's unlikely I'll make a purchase that large on Amazon.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

336Posts Today

2,312Users online

Martin's Twitter