Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 23rd Dec 17, 5:42 PM
    • 998Posts
    • 373Thanks
    Dandytf
    Using 1st as mtg payment date -additional cost
    • 23rd Dec 17, 5:42 PM
    Using 1st as mtg payment date -additional cost 23rd Dec 17 at 5:42 PM
    My standing order has been set 1st each month for quite some time.
    Unexpected letter from Natwide recently advised Iíll be paying +5 for future mtg payments, whilst retaining my 2.49% fixed rate.
    This was suprising, is this type of charge normal as Iíve been paying on time with what was a small overpayment amount included. In standing order amount,
    From what I could read into the letter -does that mean if I change my payment date back to 28th then Iíll avoid this charge.
    sc dmp 2012 13k
    Jan 2018 8840 paid. 60% approx.
Page 3
    • ViolaLass
    • By ViolaLass 4th Jan 18, 7:29 AM
    • 5,212 Posts
    • 7,231 Thanks
    ViolaLass
    The standing order was original advice from 1st mortgage financial advisor-2003 1st flat,mtg was then via HBOS.
    Originally posted by Dandytf
    That explains why you have a standing order but not why you are apparently averse to using a direct debit.
    • Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 7th Jan 18, 7:29 PM
    • 998 Posts
    • 373 Thanks
    Dandytf
    That explains why you have a standing order but not why you are apparently averse to using a direct debit.
    Originally posted by ViolaLass
    Please refer :-
    Pay your mortgage from another bank or building society

Please supply the bank or building society with the following details:
    the sort code is '070094'
    the account number is '44444445', and
    your 'Reference Number' is your mortgage account number.

Note DDís do not debit weekends from Jan end via r.b.s
    DDís do not debit at all bank holidays.

I do not see any benefit setting up a DD for MTG paymnent -no benefit over current SO
    I could as I mentioned recently revert to setting up a payment transfer from rbs to natwide mtg on 28th each month which was working excellent for a few years and as my current SO it I was simple to change payment amount to make small overpayments.
    As my mtg has debited from rbs SO this month albeit 2nd Jan -my mtg account and overpayments are restored to +1K approx (reserve went to +8xx for a few days between Dec end until 2nd Jan
    What I have changed is SO from 1st each month to 28th from 28th Jan which should cover Febsí payment on time.
    My only concern is with rbs Jan changes and 28th being a Sunday then as rbs csr recently confirmed my SO wont debit until the next working day Mon 29th Jan
    To reiterate whilst I appreciate mserís suggestions-I do not see any advantage in setting up a DD which also wouldnít debit until Mon 29th Jan.
    Last edited by Dandytf; 07-01-2018 at 7:45 PM.
    sc dmp 2012 13k
    Jan 2018 8840 paid. 60% approx.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,574Posts Today

9,882Users online

Martin's Twitter