Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • I Love comps
    • By I Love comps 23rd Dec 17, 6:58 AM
    • 996Posts
    • 3,454Thanks
    I Love comps
    Buying reduced items/discount items in 2018
    • 23rd Dec 17, 6:58 AM
    Buying reduced items/discount items in 2018 23rd Dec 17 at 6:58 AM
    I have decided to see how much I can actually save myself by trying to buy as much as possible in 2018, which is yellow stickered or reduced and keep a tally of the savings. Just to see how much I will save ;

I will start this on January 1st 2018
    Please join in if you would like to.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping Boards. "I am a volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly.
    Any views are my own and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board Guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 5
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 11th Feb 18, 6:08 PM
    • 4,261 Posts
    • 38,584 Thanks
    Katiehound
    Yesterday, a horrid drizzly day got a bargain in the market. Had just bought the dogs cheap apples (their supplies to take to kennels!)when I asked if there were any 50 pence bags. Just one left. It seemed very heavy as I struggled up the hill..
    Out of curiosity when I got home I weighed the contents- 7lbs!!(3kg) of blemished apples. Some were enormous- weighing 12oz each- I've never seen them that size before.
    Needless to say dogs are not getting these
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks

2018 Wombling : Entrant 8 ...840MM (84p) + RK 7p= 91pence
    • I Love comps
    • By I Love comps 12th Feb 18, 7:32 AM
    • 996 Posts
    • 3,454 Thanks
    I Love comps
    Two offers;

Tesco,
    I bought 3 Kit Kats for £1.20 instead of 60p each. Saving 60p.

Muller Rice pack of 4 from Co-op £1 instead of £2.15. Saving £1.15

Total Savings £1.75

Extra Bonus on the Muller Rice pack, there is a competition to win a mini basketball set - I won.

On the Kit Kats there is a promotion to win a Joe mug - I won 1 mug out of my 3 goes.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping Boards. "I am a volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly.
    Any views are my own and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board Guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • t14cy t
    • By t14cy t 12th Feb 18, 8:49 AM
    • 673 Posts
    • 6,572 Thanks
    t14cy t
    popped into morrisons and snaffled lots of breads and milk, save £12 odd!!! best buys for me were 2 pints skimmed milk 12p!! freezes well, so stocked up! happy hunting!!
    • t14cy t
    • By t14cy t 12th Feb 18, 5:23 PM
    • 673 Posts
    • 6,572 Thanks
    t14cy t
    just come back from Tesco and I'm miffed!! they are changing when, how often and also by how much they are reducing goods, top secret info atm!!
    • I Love comps
    • By I Love comps 17th Feb 18, 7:59 AM
    • 996 Posts
    • 3,454 Thanks
    I Love comps
    Bought from co-op on Tuesday Lemon Curd Sponge Puddings

Now 50p Was £1.99 Saving £1.49

My husband bought lots of cakes the same night he spent a £1 on 5 different products instead of £4 . Saving £3

Bought a hat from Tesco sale Was £8 Now £5 Saving £3

Total that would have been spent £13.99
    Total Spent £6.50
    • t14cy t
    • By t14cy t 17th Feb 18, 8:19 AM
    • 673 Posts
    • 6,572 Thanks
    t14cy t
    haha!! I sussed out tescos latest changes on reduced items and snaffled a trolley load of bargains!! £86.54 worth for £21!!! yippee!! best bargain was salted caramel finest cake, was £11 paid £2.75!! taking some to family today and have twin grandsons for a few days so will be polished off in record time no doubt!! x
    • t14cy t
    • By t14cy t 19th Feb 18, 6:10 PM
    • 673 Posts
    • 6,572 Thanks
    t14cy t
    just bought lots of cheeses from the deli at morrisons for 10p a pop!!! brilliant. £1.50 spent, £15.89 saved, kerching!! xx
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,239Posts Today

9,022Users online

Martin's Twitter