Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • davemh72
    • By davemh72 20th Dec 17, 12:04 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 3Thanks
    davemh72
    Euro parking services
    • 20th Dec 17, 12:04 PM
    Euro parking services 20th Dec 17 at 12:04 PM
    hi all , i recently received a parking ticket from Euro parking services . It was for leaving the site to pick up my 7 year old grandson who was taken ill at a carol concert . The Attendant was extremely rude and kept raising his voice which in turn wound me and my wife up . We did shop in the store and had proof of it . My wife was extremely upset and my grandson was crying , we went into the store to complain and they wouldn't entertain us . I went through the appeals procedure and unsurprisingly they've rejected it as they claim the attendant tried to locate us in store , which is a complete lie as he was busy chatting to people on the car park and ticketing other cars i know this as i saw him doing so . I went to pay this fine and now they want a £1.20 surcharge on top of the fine , the store is LIDL and they are very uncaring/unhelpful . It's not so much the fine as i can accept i'm in the wrong to an extent but what grandparent wouldn't do that ! It's the attitude of their staff, the store ,the surcharge and the fact they would never have upheld the appeal . Rant over - Merry christmas to all (except LIDL and Euro parking services)
Page 1
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 20th Dec 17, 12:25 PM
    • 6,963 Posts
    • 9,071 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 20th Dec 17, 12:25 PM
    Welcome to the world of scammers and ignorant monkeys

The staff in Lidl are only shelf fillers and you should go
    to the top ... THE CEO

Euro have a habit of employing thug type people, probably
    ex road sweepers.

I hope you have not paid these cowboys
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 20th Dec 17, 12:25 PM
    • 5,713 Posts
    • 4,428 Thanks
    KeithP
    It's not clear... have you paid or not?
    • davemh72
    • By davemh72 20th Dec 17, 12:28 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    davemh72
    • 20th Dec 17, 12:28 PM
    • 20th Dec 17, 12:28 PM
    sorry , not yet we haven't . I really don't want to pay but it's stressing the wife out badly , we will wait till the very last moment .
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 20th Dec 17, 12:32 PM
    • 6,963 Posts
    • 9,071 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 20th Dec 17, 12:32 PM
    • 20th Dec 17, 12:32 PM
    sorry , not yet we haven't . I really don't want to pay but it's stressing the wife out badly , we will wait till the very last moment .
    Originally posted by davemh72
    Tell your wife not to stress, after all these are only parking vermin.

LIDL UK

Mr Christian Härtnagel
    Managing Director
    Email compliance@lidl.co.uk

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • davemh72
    • By davemh72 20th Dec 17, 12:39 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    davemh72
    • 20th Dec 17, 12:39 PM
    • 20th Dec 17, 12:39 PM
    sadly after reading another thread he gives the same stock reply it's nothing to do with them . They claim it's a retail park , there's only a travelodge and a LIDL and nothing else . Vermin are relatively useful these people are single celled slime !
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 20th Dec 17, 12:47 PM
    • 16,685 Posts
    • 26,089 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 20th Dec 17, 12:47 PM
    • 20th Dec 17, 12:47 PM
    Get that email sent, along with the receipt for the day and any back copies of receipts/bank/cc statements showing you as a regular customer of Lidl.

In addition, I!!!8217;d lay it on thick about the appalling attitude of the parking goon and the unseasonal response from the staff at this time of Christmas goodwill. Tell him that the local and national Press have a growing interest in the shocking tactics of the private parking industry and you will be in the process of contacting your local newspaper immediately after Christmas if this charge remains.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 20th Dec 17, 12:49 PM
    • 5,713 Posts
    • 4,428 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 20th Dec 17, 12:49 PM
    • 20th Dec 17, 12:49 PM
    sadly after reading another thread he gives the same stock reply it's nothing to do with them .
    You haven't read enough threads:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=73588250&postcount=9

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=73509371&postcount=11

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=73311893&postcount=14

If you want to see more, stick Lidl Ceo in the forum search facility and select Show Posts.
    • davemh72
    • By davemh72 20th Dec 17, 12:53 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    davemh72
    • 20th Dec 17, 12:53 PM
    • 20th Dec 17, 12:53 PM
    i obviously hadn't done that , thanks i will email him right now .
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 20th Dec 17, 12:57 PM
    • 6,963 Posts
    • 9,071 Thanks
    beamerguy
    sadly after reading another thread he gives the same stock reply it's nothing to do with them . They claim it's a retail park , there's only a travelodge and a LIDL and nothing else . Vermin are relatively useful these people are single celled slime !
    Regardless of what happened to someone else, this is
    your parket ticket so you must be assertive or you will
    shop at Aldi

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 20th Dec 17, 1:05 PM
    • 16,685 Posts
    • 26,089 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    If that’s the case, you may not get the desired response from the Lidl CEO. But he needs to know about the negative effect the PPC might be inflicting on his business (he pays rent to the landowner and might be able to influence them), and he also needs to be aware of the attitude of his staff towards a customer.

You now might need to try to find out who engaged the PPC and complain to them.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 20th Dec 17, 1:56 PM
    • 54,103 Posts
    • 67,777 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    No you won't. You won't be paying anything. Please tell your wife from one woman (me) to another, that this is not something to pay. Some of us have collected these for fun in the past!

They can always be cancelled - lay it on thick with the Retail Park owners/Managing Agents in a complaint email, saying how upset the whole family are to be accused of lying when the occupants of the car were shopping the whole time, and the driver getting money out to spend is a good thing in retail parks (all the time the passengers were in the shop).

Really rant, make it a really angry complaint saying your family will never ever shop there again and what do they think they are playing at, allowing an ex-clamper firm loose in the car park, to harass and pursue for 3 figure sums (and sue) shoppers who can vote with their feet and either shop elsewhere or online!

Google the place to find who runs it. Not just the Lidl CEO, you want the owner/agents.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 20-12-2017 at 1:59 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Jonty558
    • By Jonty558 5th Feb 18, 11:43 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jonty558
    hi all , i recently received a parking ticket from Euro parking services . It was for leaving the site to pick up my 7 year old grandson who was taken ill at a carol concert . The Attendant was extremely rude and kept raising his voice which in turn wound me and my wife up . We did shop in the store and had proof of it . My wife was extremely upset and my grandson was crying , we went into the store to complain and they wouldn't entertain us . I went through the appeals procedure and unsurprisingly they've rejected it as they claim the attendant tried to locate us in store , which is a complete lie as he was busy chatting to people on the car park and ticketing other cars i know this as i saw him doing so . I went to pay this fine and now they want a £1.20 surcharge on top of the fine , the store is LIDL and they are very uncaring/unhelpful . It's not so much the fine as i can accept i'm in the wrong to an extent but what grandparent wouldn't do that ! It's the attitude of their staff, the store ,the surcharge and the fact they would never have upheld the appeal . Rant over - Merry christmas to all (except LIDL and Euro parking services)
    Same here in December too. I've recently received a letter before court actions. there is plenty of help on here, start in the newbies section.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,319Posts Today

7,735Users online

Martin's Twitter