Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • greetingsfrommike
    • By greetingsfrommike 19th Dec 17, 10:33 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 3Thanks
    greetingsfrommike
    Letter from QDR for Premier Park ticket in 2015
    • 19th Dec 17, 10:33 PM
    Letter from QDR for Premier Park ticket in 2015 19th Dec 17 at 10:33 PM
    Hi all,
    We have received a letter from QDR Solicitors claiming £208 for a ticket issued in June 2015 for not displaying parking permit in the private car park (permit fell on floor). Unfortunately we followed old advice and ignored the initial notices.A quick summary of the next few years is below:

6th Sep 2015 - Letter from DRP - £150
    14th Sep 2015 - Letter from DRP - £150
    28th Sep 2015 - Letter from DRP - £120
    29th Oct 2015 - Letter from Zenith - £99.99
    ---Nothing for 2 years---
    20th Nov 2017 - Letter from ZZPS - £172
    All of which we have not responded to.

The latest letter from QRD Solicitors arrived last week (Dated 8th but arrived on the 12th Dec):

We have been instructed by ZZPS Limited who are acting on behalf of Premier Park Ltd in connection with the recovery of the debt, which has been incurred following the failure to repay the Parking Charge Notice, and we require you to make payment in full within the next 14 days.

Failure to make payment in full or contact us to discuss repayment of this debt may result in us recommending to our client that we pass this matter over to our Litigation Department. This may mean they will look to obtain a County Court Judgement (CCJ). The possible impacts of having a CCJ registered against you are:
    -Negatively impact your credit rating
    -prevent future lending
    -affect current employment or future prospects of employment
    -enables enforcement action to commence, such as obtaining an Attachment of Earnings, placing a Charge on your property or applying for a Warrant of Execution (instructing a bayliff).

Then followed phone number, ways to pay and a sign off etc...

Do we need to respond to this? Is it a matter of sending a complaint and contacting trading standards as I have read in other threads?
    I'm going to dive in and read as many similar threads as I can find, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Mike
    Last edited by greetingsfrommike; 19-12-2017 at 10:55 PM.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 19th Dec 17, 10:43 PM
    • 17,198 Posts
    • 21,494 Thanks
    Redx
    • 19th Dec 17, 10:43 PM
    • 19th Dec 17, 10:43 PM
    ZZPS cannot take anyone to court like this, only Premier Park

who does the letter say to pay ?

if its DRP or ZZPS, ignore it

if its an actual LBC then check if it conforms to the new PaP dated 01 oct 2017 and rebut it using the daniel san rebuttal, adapted as necessary

see Post #2 of the NEWBIES THREAD for LBC and MCOL advice, see Post #4 FOR IGNORING DEBT COLLECTOR LETTERS like from ZZPS

chances are its a debt collector from ZZPS on QDR letter headed notepaper
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 19th Dec 17, 10:44 PM
    • 1,574 Posts
    • 1,721 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 19th Dec 17, 10:44 PM
    • 19th Dec 17, 10:44 PM
    It’s a debt collectors letter

Edit your post, don’t ID the driver.
    • greetingsfrommike
    • By greetingsfrommike 19th Dec 17, 11:04 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    greetingsfrommike
    • 19th Dec 17, 11:04 PM
    • 19th Dec 17, 11:04 PM
    Thanks for the quick responses - post edited.

Regarding payment, it just says:
    Please call us on 01926 758736 to make a payment by our Automated Card Payment System... I googled the number and it seems to be QDR.

... or alternatively please send a cheque to the above address, quoting our reference number The only address above is the car park location - QDR's Olympus Ave Warwickshire address is in the footer.

Thanks again...
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 19th Dec 17, 11:14 PM
    • 8,128 Posts
    • 8,519 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 19th Dec 17, 11:14 PM
    • 19th Dec 17, 11:14 PM
    Thanks for the quick responses - post edited.

Regarding payment, it just says:
    Please call us on 01926 758736 to make a payment by our Automated Card Payment System... I googled the number and it seems to be QDR.

... or alternatively please send a cheque to the above address, quoting our reference number The only address above is the car park location - QDR's Olympus Ave Warwickshire address is in the footer.

Thanks again...
    Originally posted by greetingsfrommike
    Please call us on 01926 758736 to make a payment by our Automated Card Payment System

"press 1 to pay parking charge
    please hold the line while we transfer you
    hell0 zzps , !!!!!!!! I meant QDR , can I help you"
    • greetingsfrommike
    • By greetingsfrommike 20th Dec 17, 11:10 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    greetingsfrommike
    • 20th Dec 17, 11:10 AM
    • 20th Dec 17, 11:10 AM
    Thanks everyone.

So is this a LBCCC? Do I need to reply as suggested by Coupon-mad in the "Letter from QDR solicitors - CEL PCN - NHS" thread?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 20th Dec 17, 11:35 AM
    • 5,193 Posts
    • 3,656 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 20th Dec 17, 11:35 AM
    • 20th Dec 17, 11:35 AM
    Thanks everyone.

So is this a LBCCC? Do I need to reply as suggested by Coupon-mad in the "Letter from QDR solicitors - CEL PCN - NHS" thread?
    Originally posted by greetingsfrommike
    Post #3 has your answer.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 20th Dec 17, 11:40 AM
    • 16,387 Posts
    • 25,484 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 20th Dec 17, 11:40 AM
    • 20th Dec 17, 11:40 AM
    If you do a forum search (how to - detailed below) using the search term ‘Johnersh cathartic’, you will see a number of posts dealing with a response to the QDR letter (and Wright Hassle letter, both the same company). Use the information from those posts/threads.

Use the Forum Jump button (one near the top and one near bottom of this page) to get back to the forum thread list. Just above the threads, on the right, is a heading along a line, next to forum tools, called 'Search this Forum'. Put your key word(s) in and change the default search from 'Show Threads' to 'Show Posts'.
    So is this a LBCCC?
    There’s no special formula for us to say specifically yes or no. There is no standard template for a LBC/LBA/LBCCC, although real ones should now comply fully with the new PaP.

Solicitors acting for PPCs produce types of hybrids to confuse/intimidate which possibly contain some elements of PaP, sufficient to argue it is a LBC if they need to, or vague enough to argue that it wasn’t a real LBC.

As with all of this vague stuff, it is incumbent on the keeper to do their own research, including forum advice/opinion, and make their own decision on their next move.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • greetingsfrommike
    • By greetingsfrommike 20th Dec 17, 11:44 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    greetingsfrommike
    • 20th Dec 17, 11:44 AM
    • 20th Dec 17, 11:44 AM
    Thank you so much - I'll continue looking using your search tips...
    • greetingsfrommike
    • By greetingsfrommike 20th Dec 17, 1:12 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    greetingsfrommike
    I'm seeing differences in forms of contact - some threads are responding via post, others using email and explicitly saying DO NOT send letters.

Is this a difference based on who you are contacting? Solicitor/client/debt collector. Or is it that easier to show correspondence trail?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 20th Dec 17, 1:24 PM
    • 16,387 Posts
    • 25,484 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    There’s no hard and fast rules, but as a rule of thumb, if the receiving organisation accepts emails/electronic communication, use it. Take screenshots of any communication made via a portal (where you might not be later able to retrieve what was written).

Use letters where the above doesn’t apply, but always get a free Certificate of Posting from your PO counter. Never send ‘Signed For’ (aka Recorded/Registered).

Sometimes a letter is better if it’s an extremely formal response. But views here will vary - so don’t necessarily look for total unanimity.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • greetingsfrommike
    • By greetingsfrommike 3rd Jan 18, 12:53 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    greetingsfrommike
    I seem to be on the same path as jam1991's MyParkingCharge.co.uk thread.

I emailed QDR my complaint and they've responded this morning with a template email requesting the same details (that they already have) plus whether I am the the only person accessing my email address. All of their correspondence to me is annoymous from "QDR Solicitors" (No Tim Hawker or Jane Clarke)

I have responded in a similar manner, requesting full details of anyone with access to their email account, and stating that their stalling correspondence will be use as evidence in a claim for costs.

I'll post if I receive a letter similar to Jam1991's responding to the emailed concerns.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 3rd Jan 18, 3:06 PM
    • 1,574 Posts
    • 1,721 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    You don’t file a claim for “costs”. They’re just part of the normal part of a claim.
    • greetingsfrommike
    • By greetingsfrommike 7th Jan 18, 9:48 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    greetingsfrommike
    Happy New Year All!

I still seem to be following the same pattern as jam1991. I received almost a carbon copy of the letter posted by Jam1991 acknowledging and refuting my complaint. The main difference is that it is still from Jane Clarke, Customer Assurance Team, but this time For and on behalf of QDR Solicitors (previously For and on behalf of Wright Hassell Solicitors).

A mildly interesting, but probably insignificant side note - in this latest letter, they have misspelled the surname of the recipient.

I guess I just wait and see what happens next.
    • greetingsfrommike
    • By greetingsfrommike 12th Jan 18, 11:27 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    greetingsfrommike
    Hello all,

Does anyone have any tips on how I can find out who manages/owns the car park/business park in question? I've tried researching it but only seem find estate agents advertising the empty units.

I've read on other threads that it can pay to contact the owner of the land to instruct the operator to drop the fine - do you think it would be of use in this instance or are we now beyond that stage?

Many thanks,
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Jan 18, 12:27 PM
    • 16,387 Posts
    • 25,484 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Does anyone have any tips on how I can find out who manages/owns the car park/business park in question? I've tried researching it but only seem find estate agents advertising the empty units.
    1. Try phoning the estate agents to see if they can give you the info.

2. Often on largish retail parks there’s a huge sign at the entrance with on-site the retailers listed. Many will have the name of the MA at the bottom of the sign.

3. Contact you LA planning office, or rates department. Also try your local Valuation Office.

4. Does the retail park have a Facebook or Twitter Page - ask on that.

5. Then there’s the old stand-by (which doubtless you’ve tried) - good old Google.

I've read on other threads that it can pay to contact the owner of the land to instruct the operator to drop the fine - do you think it would be of use in this instance or are we now beyond that stage?
    It’s never too late to get a landowner cancellation. Unless you try though, it’s never going to happen!

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,332Posts Today

9,459Users online

Martin's Twitter