Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Page 1
    • save-a-lot
    • By save-a-lot 16th Oct 07, 10:00 PM
    • 2,507 Posts
    • 2,287 Thanks
    • 16th Oct 07, 10:00 PM
    • 16th Oct 07, 10:00 PM
    Create a plan, take or promise to take professional studies and exams in your field of work if that is appropriate in order to achieve a better salary.
  • nelly
    • 16th Oct 07, 10:20 PM
    • 16th Oct 07, 10:20 PM
    Always ask on a thursday!

Sounds a pile of pants doesnt it

My grandad told me this years ago I have tried it twice and my misses asked for a extra week off school and it worked all 3 times.

My grandad explained...............

Dont ask on a -

Friday - no one cares about work they just looking forward to the weekend.

Monday - everyone is too stressed and grumpy cos start of the week

Tuesday - all mondays problems are rolling over so they still stressed

Wednesday - things are just about going okay dont rock the boat

THURSDAY- Things are running smoothly at last, the weekends nearly here your boss is happy and accessible go for it.

Ok this is'nt cast iron guaranteed to work but ANYTHING that can help.....will help!
    • A little stressed!!
    • By A little stressed!! 12th Apr 08, 6:53 PM
    • 1,994 Posts
    • 1,522 Thanks
    A little stressed!!
    • 12th Apr 08, 6:53 PM
    • 12th Apr 08, 6:53 PM
    Anyone else have ideas for pay rises? I work in retail / shop assistant, it's a get me by job as I juggle homelife & college.

Is it worth asking for a payrise? Or is it likely to be a set rate? I've been told by some it's a set rate, others that you'll get it reviewed now & again and it goes up
    I'm getting older, and lifes getting harder!
  • treasure_ireland
    • 23rd Mar 10, 8:45 PM
    Help, i need a payrise but don't know how to go about it ...
    • 23rd Mar 10, 8:45 PM
    My job has recently changed, my boss has moved departments, a colleague left, so i am the only part of my team left, my new boss doesn't have that much knowledge of the area of my job, and I have also taken on a lot more responsibility since my colleagues have left.

How can i go about asking for a pay rise?

Thanks in advance
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,902Posts Today

7,788Users online

Martin's Twitter