Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nasescoba1985
    • By nasescoba1985 18th Dec 17, 1:51 PM
    • 97Posts
    • 44Thanks
    nasescoba1985
    PCN - parking in my own space
    • 18th Dec 17, 1:51 PM
    PCN - parking in my own space 18th Dec 17 at 1:51 PM
    Hey guys.

Cut a long story slightly short. I own my property in a small gated apartment development. The property mamagement director decided to implement a parking company ( CPM uk car park management ) last August because he was being petty and bitter that the residents were forming an association and complaining about the management of the complex + residents were using 2nd cars to park in visitors bays.

Anyway, we all received our own permits without any justification, apart from a rubbish forceful email stating we were now having to dispaly these permits. I recieved one which is for my own parking space. Now, I had no choice at this moment in time but to abide by the new "rules" and put my permit on my dashboard and on this particular occasion a few months down the line, I shut my door and the wind must of blew the permit off.

I received a PCN for parking in my own bloody space as my permit wasn't on the dashboard. Anyway I sent an appeal letter basically stating this is my own space and providing them with a copy of my permit , plus I explained the reasoning why my permit fell off. I also put in my letter, if this is rejected can they provide me with a popla code.

I just received a letter back today rejecting my appeal explaining they acknowledge my proof of permit but because I didn't display the permit properly, I need to pay the fine. They obviously have the photo evidence on the letter to. Obviously no way in a million years am I paying these !!!!s any sort of money to park in my own private parking space. I also appealed via IAS, as i felt that i can atleast justify in court if need be, that i went down every avenue to try and overturn this charge. What do I do now?

I had a quick look at the newbies thread which looks very helpful but there is a lot of detail on it so I'm not sure if my particular case is relevant and if I can get a template from someone so I can write back to these

Thank you
    Last edited by nasescoba1985; 09-02-2018 at 8:52 AM. Reason: Add more info
Page 8
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 29th Jan 18, 11:38 PM
    • 53,987 Posts
    • 67,651 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Advanced search of this forum for keywords, looks like this:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73789280#post73789280

'UKCPM defence'

or

'Gladstones UKCPM'

Shows you all the people ahead of you in this little game, and those who have already won (LOADS)!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• nasescoba1985
    • By nasescoba1985 30th Jan 18, 1:49 PM
    • 97 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    nasescoba1985
    GUYS, I know it sounds a tad OTT because Iím nowhere near that stage as of yet, but Iím already compiling my defence together incase it goes to court. Iím shoving everything in 1 folder. I basically have my lease and the property information form.

I have started on my Defence already, in which I will obviously amend when/if they send their defence over eventually. I am printing out different defence cases ( parking in own space ) like mine and will study them. I suppose itís better to be prepared than not any other advice ?
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 30th Jan 18, 3:37 PM
    • 40,938 Posts
    • 81,719 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Was the name of the IAS assessor supplied with the rejection? If not, ask them for it in accordance with the requirements of the ADR 2015 directive. Assessors must be legally trained.

SCHEDULE 3
    Requirements that a competent authority must be satisfied that the body meets.

Transparency
    5. The body makes the following information publicly available on its website in a clear and easily understandable manner, and provides, on request, this information to any person on a durable mediumó
    (a)
    its contact details, including postal address and e-mail address;
    (b)
    a statement that it has been approved as an ADR entity by the relevant competent authority once this approval has been granted;
    (c)
    its ADR officials, the method of their appointment and the duration of their appointment;
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • nasescoba1985
    • By nasescoba1985 30th Jan 18, 4:01 PM
    • 97 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    nasescoba1985
    @ fruitcake , not even sure I can reply anymore as the decision has been made. The rejection I uploaded onto the last page was all they said. They seem to think UK CPM lawfully are allowed to ticket me and that I should seek independent legal advice if I still dispute it.
    • nasescoba1985
    • By nasescoba1985 5th Feb 18, 2:09 PM
    • 97 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    nasescoba1985
    Guys, got the !!!8220;formal demand !!!8220; letter today from UK CPM. They make it look all threatening and official don!!!8217;t they ? it!!!8217;s goung straight into my folder bundle which will be used if it goes to court:

Just a quick question, I have printed out 3 seperate court cases that are pretty much identical to mine in regards to parking in own space PCN!!!8217;s in which the defendant won due to lease terms and primacy of contract. Can I use these to reference if it does go to court ?
    • nasescoba1985
    • By nasescoba1985 5th Feb 18, 2:11 PM
    • 97 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    nasescoba1985
    Sorry guys, not to sure why my message was all jumbled up with numbers anyway, I think you get the drift of what I was saying
    • nasescoba1985
    • By nasescoba1985 5th Feb 18, 3:21 PM
    • 97 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    nasescoba1985
    Also is it worth writing to my local MP? I have heard a few on here suggest that. What will it do?
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 5th Feb 18, 3:29 PM
    • 8,143 Posts
    • 7,453 Thanks
    The Deep
    Hardy unique, read some of these

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&hl=en-GB&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GUEA_en-GBGB707GB707&q=Own+space+patking&gws_rd=ssl

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/

and watch this

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

Several residents have received large payouts from PPCs trying it on and "own space" tickets were specifically mentioned by MPs as scams. HAs are some of the worst offenders, they seem to think they can treat their tenants like dirt.
    Last edited by The Deep; 05-02-2018 at 4:09 PM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • nasescoba1985
    • By nasescoba1985 5th Feb 18, 3:40 PM
    • 97 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    nasescoba1985
    Ok thank you. I might draft an email to my MP explaining the circumstances and blatant scam they are pulling trying to claim a charge for parking in my own space
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 5th Feb 18, 4:09 PM
    • 8,143 Posts
    • 7,453 Thanks
    The Deep
    Do not say "might" say "will".
    • nasescoba1985
    • By nasescoba1985 5th Feb 18, 4:31 PM
    • 97 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    nasescoba1985
    Drafting it now, so will send this evening. I!!!8217;m not backing down to these scam artists and I won!!!8217;t be paying them a single penny. They don!!!8217;t scare me either with their threatening letters. If it goes to court, I can!!!8217;t wait to slap them down. Let!!!8217;s see where this MP email takes me first.
    • nasescoba1985
    • By nasescoba1985 5th Feb 18, 4:34 PM
    • 97 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    nasescoba1985
    Oh and this complex is not a housing association. It!!!8217;s a private residential complex of only 12 apartments. We all have a fob and pass code for access, so no one on the outside can gain entry. It!!!8217;s a totally pointless exercise introducing these scam artists. The only reason they have been introduced, is to make money off us residents and home owners.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 5th Feb 18, 4:37 PM
    • 40,938 Posts
    • 81,719 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    These are some of the comments made by the MPs last Friday in parliament concerning the unregulated parking industry.

Cowboy companies, signage deliberately confusing to ensure a PCN is issued, rogue parking companies, bloodsuckers, absolute disgrace, rogue operators, unfair charges and notices, wilfully misleading, signage is a deliberate act to deceive or mislead, unreasonable, designed to trap innocent drivers, a curse, harassing, operating in a disgusting way, appeals service is no guarantee of a fair hearing, loathed, outrageous scam, dodgy practice, outrageous abuse, unscrupulous practices, the British Parking Association is as much use as a multi-storey car park in the Gobi desert.

These are the exact words used, so you should quote them to your MP and ask him/her to contact Greg Knight MP if he wants further information about this scam.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 05-02-2018 at 4:41 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 5th Feb 18, 4:37 PM
    • 5,641 Posts
    • 4,339 Thanks
    KeithP
    Turn off Apple's Smart Punctuation on you iphone/ipad to get rid of those jumbled numbers.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 5th Feb 18, 4:45 PM
    • 8,143 Posts
    • 7,453 Thanks
    The Deep
    Oh and this complex is not a housing association. It!!!8217;s a private residential complex of only 12 apartments. ... The only reason they have been introduced, is to make money off us residents and home owners.
    Originally posted by nasescoba1985

Do you not have an RA? Can you not vote the PPC out at your next AGM, if they have not be Gregged before then?
    • nasescoba1985
    • By nasescoba1985 5th Feb 18, 4:52 PM
    • 97 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    nasescoba1985
    @ The Deep, yes we do have an RA. As I was explaining to the guys on here, we are currently going through a potential court battle to kick the property management company out and take charge. Once this happens, we then have the authority to kick the parking company out also. I can!!!8217;t really do much but fight it personally, until this is resolved.
    • nasescoba1985
    • By nasescoba1985 5th Feb 18, 4:53 PM
    • 97 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    nasescoba1985
    Thanks fruitcake
    • nasescoba1985
    • By nasescoba1985 5th Feb 18, 5:50 PM
    • 97 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    nasescoba1985
    What is the likelihood of this going to court ? Out of interest. Would seem silly them taking me to the small claims for 1 £60 PCN, but I wouldn!!!8217;t put it passed them I suppose. Does the debt collecting letters eventually just stop? Or do you always get a CCJ? Total novice here
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 5th Feb 18, 5:58 PM
    • 5,641 Posts
    • 4,339 Thanks
    KeithP
    They have up to six years to start a court claim.

Their claim won't be for £60. They'll add on other things to bring the total they'll be asking for to around £250.

You don't get a CCJ unless:
    a) they start court action, and
    b) you lose the court case, and
    c) you fail to pay the amount ordered by the court.
    • nasescoba1985
    • By nasescoba1985 5th Feb 18, 6:49 PM
    • 97 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    nasescoba1985
    Ok Keith, you think they will progress it to court though ? What!!!8217;s the likelihood of these parking companies making a claim. ?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

181Posts Today

1,512Users online

Martin's Twitter