Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • GreatWhite
    • By GreatWhite 15th Dec 17, 8:20 PM
    • 18Posts
    • 3Thanks
    GreatWhite
    SCS Law want 600
    • 15th Dec 17, 8:20 PM
    SCS Law want 600 15th Dec 17 at 8:20 PM
    Hi everyone, apologies in advance for starting a new thread but I've visited the newbies thread and my head is spinning.

So to give you guys my story, the driver was running late to work a few times during 2016 and decided to park behind their work building. Now I know the driver wasn't supposed to park there but he didn't have much of a choice otherwise he'd be late to work and his workplace is pretty strict when it comes to punctuality.

This happened 4 times in 2016, although one of the day was a bank holiday, so not sure if that makes much of a difference. The dates were 28/03/16, 14/10/16, 19/10/16 and 09/11/16.

On each occasion the keeper got a ticket and on the advice of his friends the keeper ignored them and chucked them away and did the same thing with the follow up letters which were posted to the keepers house.

Almost 2 years later the keeper has received a letter from SCS Law stating that they are acting on behalf of UK Parking Control Ltd and want to recover the charges for the 4 occasions the driver parked there. Each ticket is now 150 and the keeper now apparently owe them 600 because it was 4 times that the driver parked there.

The keeper doesn't really know what to do and has no idea what his options are right now, hoping you guys can help me out.
    Last edited by GreatWhite; 15-12-2017 at 9:11 PM.
Page 3
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Feb 18, 12:24 AM
    • 54,115 Posts
    • 67,786 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Were these ANPR camera PCNs, if so were they received within 14 days of the event?

Or were they windscreen PCNs, in which case were the NTKs received between day 29 and day 56?

Do they have the right words on for keeper liability, when compared to para 8 or 9 of the POFA? It's linked in the NEWBIES thread post #1, for people who 'want to dig deeper'. So you can check yourself, it's easy, it's bullet points, nothing legalese!

Have you ever said who was driving?

URGENTLY go back to your first post and remove the awful admissions, DO THAT NOW!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• KeithP
    • By KeithP 12th Feb 18, 12:24 AM
    • 5,716 Posts
    • 4,432 Thanks
    KeithP
    This latest letter says I have 30 days to respond.
    Originally posted by GreatWhite
    That just means that if you haven't paid the money they're asking for within thirty days then you can expect a court claim.

Standard stuff.

Use that thirty days to further understand what will happen after that.

Hint: it's back to post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky/pinned thread.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,445Posts Today

7,638Users online

Martin's Twitter