Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • TomCroft
    • By TomCroft 13th Dec 17, 11:26 AM
    • 11Posts
    • 5Thanks
    TomCroft
    Parking Eye CCJ set aside hearing
    • 13th Dec 17, 11:26 AM
    Parking Eye CCJ set aside hearing 13th Dec 17 at 11:26 AM
    Hi everyone

In desperate need of some help very new to all this , on the 2nd of November I received a letter through the door from Parkingeye informing me I have been given a CCJ by default.

Cut a long story short I have filled in a N244 form and have been given a hearing next Thursday , whilst Iíve been waiting Parkingeye have sent there defence to me and they have pictures of my car parked up , I overstayed 30 minutes apparently and I canít deny the fact that is my car and I now remember being there at that particular date , I didnít realise it was a limit being a motorway services and being 10 pm at night obviously didnít notice any signs.

The problem is this was probably one of the lowest points in my life and due to relationship issues had to move address , so any letters sent would have gone there , I did update the DVLA as soon as I possibly could because at the time I was sofa surfing. In parkingeyes defence palkage they sent they have printed letters of ones they ďapparently sent to my new addressĒ the way they got my new address was through a credit agency , are they allowed to do that ?

Iím worried now due to the fact they say they sent new ones , even though I know I didnít receive a thing other than my default judgement letter which was dated November but the CCJ was given in August so I would have had absolutely no chance to even suck it up and pay them to even remove the judgement.

If anybody could help in what I Gould expect when I go next week and if I need to be bringing anything with me , ideally donít want to be giving the judge a sob story

Thanks very much

Tom
Page 2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Dec 17, 11:49 AM
    • 52,881 Posts
    • 66,405 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Can this be something that is typed up ? Sorry again for the stupid questions
    Do you mean can the info given by bargepole be 'typed up', as in, published here?

It already is, everything you've asked is already set out in the NEWBIES thread post #2 about what happens when, and where to send things.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• TomCroft
    • By TomCroft 21st Dec 17, 1:27 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    TomCroft
    Hi Guys

Much appreciate for all the help , had my hearing today and the judgement was set aside.
    Now waiting for parking eye to send out new claim forms so I can send off a defence and hopefully have this all come to an end.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 21st Dec 17, 2:11 PM
    • 52,881 Posts
    • 66,405 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Good stuff, well done so far!

I doubt there will be a new claim form, I expect your Judge will Order that PE write to you with their case, and you will then be able to respond. Stick around here!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• ginette1971
    • By ginette1971 21st Dec 17, 2:57 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ginette1971
    Letter Before County Court Claim
    Hi everyone, I am new to all of this and wanted some advice. I parked in a private car par that I had to display a parking ticket to which my partner and I did, we got back to the car around 4 mins late as his daughter had been sick and we had to tend to her. I got a parking fine in April this year and I appealed against it, to which they rejected it. Yester day i got a letter stating that it was a Letter Before County Court Claim and saying that they rejected my appeal and that I had 28 days to appeal again to POPLA, which I did not receive. It's been 8 months since the appeal rejection. What should I do Should I pay the fine or just ignore these letters as I have read so many people are doing?
    Would greatly appreciate any advice given.
    • TomCroft
    • By TomCroft 21st Dec 17, 4:16 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    TomCroft
    Thanks Coupon I’ll be sure to stick around .
    Ginette1971 it’s best to create your own thread I think.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 21st Dec 17, 7:06 PM
    • 1,540 Posts
    • 1,690 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Ginette - make your own thread, and don’t hijack others. Also read the newbies thread FIRST. And we mean READ IT. Not skim over.
    • TomCroft
    • By TomCroft 12th Jan 18, 6:32 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    TomCroft
    Hello again guys , Iíve now received my response pack Iím going to amend my defence and send it off , if it is even worth defending because I really donít fancy paying them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,778Posts Today

6,597Users online

Martin's Twitter