Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 13th Dec 17, 9:22 AM
    • 8,880Posts
    • 21,288Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    Mastercard has launched a new 'sustainable' loyalty scheme
    • 13th Dec 17, 9:22 AM
    Mastercard has launched a new 'sustainable' loyalty scheme 13th Dec 17 at 9:22 AM
    Hi all, in case you haven't seen this I thought I'd post it here. It would be interesting to see what you all think about it from an environmentally aware perspective...

I've linked to the discussion on the credit cards board so you can click to the story and read other comments.

New 'sustainable' loyalty scheme launched for Mastercard customers
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 1
    • Ben84
    • By Ben84 13th Dec 17, 11:20 AM
    • 2,926 Posts
    • 3,587 Thanks
    Ben84
    • 13th Dec 17, 11:20 AM
    • 13th Dec 17, 11:20 AM
    I had a good browse around their site. They do mention they have charted environmentalists involved with the choices, but I struggled to find more details. Initially I didn't think there was anything there! I eventually found them by clicking on the images of their partners, but it's not easily found as sometimes my clicking didn't open anything, so if anyone is curious, that's where it is and it helps to be persistent in clicking if it's not working.
    Last edited by Ben84; 13-12-2017 at 11:24 AM.
  • IceRewards
    • 10th Jan 18, 11:19 AM
    • 10th Jan 18, 11:19 AM
    MSE has kindly authorised us to post on this Forum and hopefully we can answer your questions about how we select partners on the basis of their environmental policies. Firstly, we can see from Ben84’s comment that the environmental information you were looking for wasn’t easy to find on our website. To make it easier, we have moved the “Partner Selection Criteria” to a main footer on the home page under “All Things Ice”. Also each partner has its own web page with a summary of the partner’s environmental credentials as a main tab on the page.

In a different thread (http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73555220) it was asked whether Ice is just greenwash, which is a fair question. Firstly, we should explain that Ice is not about trying to be perfect or making people feel guilty. We want our customers to be able to do the things they enjoy, but to purchase from businesses that are making significant effort to reduce their environmental impact. All potential partners are evaluated by an Ice Chartered Environmentalist, who must follow the codes of practice of IEMA (Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment) and SocEnv (The Society for the Environment). This means that all assessments must be based on objective evidence in accordance with the best principles for the mitigation of environmental harm and enhancement of environmental quality.

Good ethics are a hygiene factor for Ice. All our partners must have good ethics, for example, in relation to slave labour, child labour, working environment and animal welfare, but an ethical business with a poor environmental policy will not get into Ice.

We hope this gives an insight into how Ice chooses its partners and where you can find more detailed information. We are glad to have the opportunity to discuss our environmental mission.
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Ice. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the verified companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,778Posts Today

6,597Users online

Martin's Twitter