Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • BillG100
    • By BillG100 10th Dec 17, 5:32 PM
    • 15Posts
    • 4Thanks
    BillG100
    Vaillant Ecotec boiler losing pressure intermittently
    • 10th Dec 17, 5:32 PM
    Vaillant Ecotec boiler losing pressure intermittently 10th Dec 17 at 5:32 PM
    Hi,

My Vaillant Ecotec boiler is losing pressure intermittently but quickly and only when it is switched off! What happens is...

1) The boiler runs fine for a period of time which could be a few days or weeks and the pressure is reasonably constant (varies about 10% to 15% with the temperature)

2) Boiler loses pressure quickly during the overnight period when heating / water is off

3) Boiler won't restart and an f.75 error code is displayed

4) I add some water to re-pressurise and it starts again without a problem

5) The cycle (steps 1 to 4) then repeat

The expansion vessel has been re-pressurised. There's no sign of a leak and it would have to be an odd one to behave in this way. The pressure gauge reading appears to be correct.

I'm at a loss. Any ideas?
Page 2
    • BillG100
    • By BillG100 10th Jan 18, 7:11 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    BillG100
    British Gas supposedly escalated the problem to leak detection on 3rd January but they've still not contacted me to make an appointment. I've already chased twice and been told they are on the case. Not impressed at all by the level of service!
    • BillG100
    • By BillG100 17th Jan 18, 4:43 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    BillG100
    Would anyone like to hazard a guess about this behaviour:

1) Isolate one of the five underfloor heating circuits (uhc)
    2) Pressure on boiler continues to fall over a 24 hour period from about 1.4 to 0.9
    3) Switch uhc on because I assume that's not the cause of the problem
    4) Repressurise boiler BUT this time it takes a LOT more water than it usually does to get from 0.9 to 1.4. The tap needed to be switched on for about 12 secs rather than 2 or 3.

PS: Leak detection are in on Monday.
    • Alex1983
    • By Alex1983 17th Jan 18, 5:17 PM
    • 714 Posts
    • 410 Thanks
    Alex1983
    I’d guess it’s more volume of water.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,532Posts Today

9,025Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bigmickwelsh63: @MartinSLewis Already done it.... donated my kidney to my brother almost 30yrs ago. Not sure if I would have done it fo?

• Today's Twitter poll: Following yesterday's poll about being an organ donor when you die - would you consider being? https://t.co/tCTWjJBin8

• RT @clq: @MartinSLewis You hit that one right out of the park. It might be the Tweet of the Century. I don't think anyone can do any Batter?

• Follow Martin