Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Amy13
    • By Amy13 7th Dec 17, 10:34 PM
    • 36Posts
    • 13Thanks
    Amy13
    Default question
    • 7th Dec 17, 10:34 PM
    Default question 7th Dec 17 at 10:34 PM
    After checking my credit report on Noddle, I now have a default on one of the accounts included in my DRO (presumably because of the DRO)

When my DRO has finished next year, will the default show as satisfied? And then drop off my file after 6 years?

It was 4 weeks ago today since my DRO was accepted, can't believe how fast that has gone!
Page 1
    • fermi
    • By fermi 7th Dec 17, 10:40 PM
    • 39,315 Posts
    • 47,137 Thanks
    fermi
    • 7th Dec 17, 10:40 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 10:40 PM
    After checking my credit report on Noddle, I now have a default on one of the accounts included in my DRO (presumably because of the DRO)

When my DRO has finished next year, will the default show as satisfied? And then drop off my file after 6 years?
    Originally posted by Amy13
    Yes, they should mark it as a satisfied default, which will then drop off 6 years from the original default date.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Bankruptcy, Credit Cards and Loans boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 7th Dec 17, 10:44 PM
    • 12,673 Posts
    • 12,011 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 7th Dec 17, 10:44 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 10:44 PM
    After your monotorium period has ended, and your DRO successfully completed, you may find you have to prompt your creditors to update your credit file to show the debts as satisfied.

They can drag their feet somewhat, and not all are aware of the correct reporting of a DRO debt after completion.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

614Posts Today

4,359Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Exactly. Politics already suffered from our adversarial system - pushing people to oppose not compromise. That ha? https://t.co/gETVyA6HWA

• RT @bbclaurak: Thanks Martin - we know we can?t please all the people all the time (stands by for grief) but try hard to show how it actual?

• Morning. I'm on my way to my last @GMB 7:40 deals of the week of 2017. This week including gift card warning, free? https://t.co/2dcNviXxsN

• Follow Martin