Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • P1800S
    • By P1800S 7th Dec 17, 8:48 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 1Thanks
    P1800S
    BT axe broadband cessation charge
    • 7th Dec 17, 8:48 PM
    BT axe broadband cessation charge 7th Dec 17 at 8:48 PM
    The £31 charge has recently been under review and the decision taken to axe it will be welcome news for BT customers who are in the process of switching or ceasing their broadband.

As for other cease charging ISPís who tell their customers who complain that the charge comes from BT, surely under competition rules that must end as well? Otherwise youíll have a situation where BT are charging a rivalís customers for something theyíre not charging their own.
Page 1
    • kwikbreaks
    • By kwikbreaks 7th Dec 17, 9:20 PM
    • 8,842 Posts
    • 4,420 Thanks
    kwikbreaks
    • 7th Dec 17, 9:20 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 9:20 PM
    The cease charge is levied by Openreach. Although they are part of the BT group it isn't the same company as the BT isp. Still rather cynical though unless you have it wrong and it's Openreach dropping the charge.
    • boatman
    • By boatman 8th Dec 17, 6:27 AM
    • 3,550 Posts
    • 2,495 Thanks
    boatman
    • 8th Dec 17, 6:27 AM
    • 8th Dec 17, 6:27 AM
    Do you have any links to this, something like this would be on a website news section.
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 8th Dec 17, 6:45 AM
    • 31,946 Posts
    • 37,677 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 8th Dec 17, 6:45 AM
    • 8th Dec 17, 6:45 AM
    Was under review but cannot find anything to back the above up
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • boatman
    • By boatman 8th Dec 17, 7:07 AM
    • 3,550 Posts
    • 2,495 Thanks
    boatman
    • 8th Dec 17, 7:07 AM
    • 8th Dec 17, 7:07 AM
    http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/broadband-cease-charge/
    Last edited by boatman; 08-12-2017 at 7:13 AM. Reason: ii
    • unforeseen
    • By unforeseen 8th Dec 17, 7:55 AM
    • 1,993 Posts
    • 2,509 Thanks
    unforeseen
    • 8th Dec 17, 7:55 AM
    • 8th Dec 17, 7:55 AM
    So it's just BT the ISP no longer passing on the Openreach cessation charge.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,248Posts Today

6,093Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin