Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MissSporty
    • By MissSporty 7th Dec 17, 8:26 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    MissSporty
    County court claim form - help!
    • 7th Dec 17, 8:26 PM
    County court claim form - help! 7th Dec 17 at 8:26 PM
    Hi everyone I hope you can help me!

Today I have received a county court claim form.

In February 2016 I dropped a friend home to her flat, she had a new born baby, and I simply helped carry her things to the 11th floor and returned to my car. My friend told me to park in this bay which all the visitors park in.

Something like 6 months later I had a letter come through stating a £150 parking charge, I was flabagasted and stupidly I ignored thinking they hadnít sent it in time.
    (but I only realised since that they had been sending letters to my previous address. )

Today I have now received a county court claim form, from Gladstoneís but the claimant is UK car park.

Itís now asking for over £250!

And the poc states Iíve breached the terms of parking on the land. The defendant was driving the vehicle and or the keeper.

Iíve tried to read the newbie section but Iím bamboozled. Iíd really appreciate someoneís help with a defence as Iím self employed and thatís such a lot of money to me.

Thank you in advance!
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 7th Dec 17, 8:29 PM
    • 16,865 Posts
    • 20,943 Thanks
    Redx
    • 7th Dec 17, 8:29 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 8:29 PM
    I assume the claim form is from Northampton CCBC ?

and I assume it is from UK CPM ?

have you read post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread at the top of this forum ?

I suggest you read it a few times
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • MissSporty
    • By MissSporty 7th Dec 17, 8:41 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MissSporty
    • 7th Dec 17, 8:41 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 8:41 PM
    Thank you for your reply. Yes that’s both correct.
    I have read all through the tips, I just can’t work out where to begin with a relevant defence.... or have I missed my chance at this stage.
    Last edited by MissSporty; 07-12-2017 at 8:47 PM.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 7th Dec 17, 8:47 PM
    • 16,865 Posts
    • 20,943 Thanks
    Redx
    • 7th Dec 17, 8:47 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 8:47 PM
    that claim form will have a service date on it , usually 5 days hence , you then do the online AOS and this extends the defence deadline from 14 to 28 days

so if the claim form only arrived today, you have until early jan 2018 as long as the AOS is done

or does it mention POC to follow ?

you really need to gen up on that post #2 asap too
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • MissSporty
    • By MissSporty 7th Dec 17, 9:08 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MissSporty
    • 7th Dec 17, 9:08 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 9:08 PM
    Yes it’s dated in the past 5 days and the poc are on the form.

So basically I have to go online, and simply say I’m going to argue it then have a month to submit the defence?

Thank you ��
    • Redx
    • By Redx 7th Dec 17, 9:09 PM
    • 16,865 Posts
    • 20,943 Thanks
    Redx
    • 7th Dec 17, 9:09 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 9:09 PM
    more or less yes

leave the defence box blank, just do the AOS

if in doubt , refer back to that post #2 as it is your "bible"
    Newbies !!
    • MissSporty
    • By MissSporty 9th Dec 17, 9:18 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MissSporty
    • 9th Dec 17, 9:18 PM
    time span
    • 9th Dec 17, 9:18 PM
    How can I prove i didnt get their first letter for 6 months after the event? ...

also I didn't see any signage, whats the rules on that too?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Dec 17, 9:23 PM
    • 51,634 Posts
    • 65,294 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 9th Dec 17, 9:23 PM
    • 9th Dec 17, 9:23 PM
    Yes it’s dated in the past 5 days and the poc are on the form.

So basically I have to go online, and simply say I’m going to argue it then have a month to submit the defence?
    Originally posted by MissSporty
    This is all covered in post #2 of the NEWBIES thread, including a step by step pictorial walk-through how to do the AOS.

Then defence examples follow, and a summary of what happens when that you must read, to know what to do, not come here asking when the Directions Questionnaire arrives later, etc.

You need to do your own research of other threads, not fire questions at us. We want to see your draft defence later this month, then we will assist further to help make it stronger, and we will help with your WS, and the hearing stage.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th Dec 17, 9:25 PM
    • 33,473 Posts
    • 17,354 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 9th Dec 17, 9:25 PM
    • 9th Dec 17, 9:25 PM
    How can I prove i didnt get their first letter for 6 months after the event? ...

You look to have not received their letters because you moved but didn't inform DVLA till sometime after moving and no redirection??
    Last edited by Quentin; 09-12-2017 at 9:27 PM.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th Dec 17, 9:59 PM
    • 16,865 Posts
    • 20,943 Thanks
    Redx
    check the relevant CoP (Code Of Practice)
    Newbies !!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

72Posts Today

3,238Users online

Martin's Twitter