Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Collingsisit
    • By Collingsisit 7th Dec 17, 8:20 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Collingsisit
    Advice for a strange situation
    • 7th Dec 17, 8:20 PM
    Advice for a strange situation 7th Dec 17 at 8:20 PM
    Evening all.

Erm I am hoping someone might be able to help me, or guide me in the right direction. I have received a parking fine from our friends Civil Enforcement Ltd. The fine is for parking in a car park for authorised vehicles only.
    Just for history, this car park is a GP surgery in a busy town, which I visit quite frequently for my job. I am well known by the practice staff. But always parked down the road in a pay and display as I have always been aware that parking was limited at the onsite car park. On the date of the supposed fine, I was asked to attend for an early morning meeting. So taking the chance, I parked in the car park, which most of the staff also park in. Off I went to the meeting.

2 weeks later I receive the PCN through the post. I was a bit confused at first, wondering where is this?! Then checking my diary, itís the time and date of my meeting at the practice. So I made a visit to see the practice manager, where she said she would cancel it off, and add me to the list of registered authorised drivers. I thought nothing more of it...

Fast forward 4 weeks...another PCN comes through the door, saying my fine has now increased to £100 for non payment... so I contact the practice manager again explaining the situation, who says ďI thought I had cancelled it... send me the number againĒ which I have done, and asking if she can let me know when she has done this... this was on Monday, and I have received no more emails from her...which doesnít fill me with confidence

Iím now a bit worried as it looks like I am ignoring it, when really I thought this had been dealt with. So now I think my best bet is to appeal to CEL. After reading the newbie post, I have a template, however it mentions not naming the driver. But how do I attach evidence showing I had attended a meeting, and that I work there frequently, without that practically saying I was the driver? Or am I being a bit stupid? Are there any more appropriate templates better suited to this scenario?

I was thinking of getting a statement from the practice manager too, do you think this will help my appeal? If anyone has any suggestions, or links that could help me, I would be most grateful.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 7th Dec 17, 8:25 PM
    • 16,895 Posts
    • 20,996 Thanks
    Redx
    • 7th Dec 17, 8:25 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 8:25 PM
    at this stage I would not worry about adding the details about being authorised to park , just use the blue text template "as is" , or add a paragraph to say that the landowner has agreed to cancel the charge and this will be brought up in any future appeal or court case

yes get the landowner to write a witness statement saying that they do not wish for this charge to go ahead and want it cancelled and that the driver had permission to park

so fight them on 2 fronts
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Collingsisit
    • By Collingsisit 7th Dec 17, 8:33 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Collingsisit
    • 7th Dec 17, 8:33 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 8:33 PM
    Thank you Redx, I will do just that.
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 7th Dec 17, 8:54 PM
    • 3,872 Posts
    • 5,455 Thanks
    Half_way
    • 7th Dec 17, 8:54 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 8:54 PM
    Make sure you get any notice of cancellation in writing/email.
    Under the NHS parking principles the practice is responsible for the actions of the car parking company.

As soon as you get it in writing( or email confirmation) you must get in touch with the parking company and tell them that they must cease and desist for pursuing this, and other than an apology, and confirmation that this matter is closed they should remove your data from their records
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • Collingsisit
    • By Collingsisit 7th Dec 17, 9:02 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Collingsisit
    • 7th Dec 17, 9:02 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 9:02 PM
    Hello half_way, thank you for your reply. Would the email already sent from the practice manage saying she “thought I had cancelled it” be enough?
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 7th Dec 17, 9:23 PM
    • 3,872 Posts
    • 5,455 Thanks
    Half_way
    • 7th Dec 17, 9:23 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 9:23 PM
    It should technically do it, as it would show the practice does not want the parking company to pursue it.
    p.s, its not a fine.

Dear Cicvil Enfarcement, ltd, re parking charge notice #####
    please find included communication between myself as registered keeper of vehicle #### and the NHS practice ( name of practice) confirming that the parking charge is to be cancelled.
    As you have now been supplied with evidence that the NHS practice does not wish this parking charge to be pursued, you must now take the following action:
    1: to stop pursuing this parking charge with immediate effect
    2: to issue a full apology over the inconvenience you have caused
    3: aside from confirming this matter is now closed ( and the issuing of a full underacted apology) I do not want to hear from you again on this matter
    failure to comply with the above will result in a complaint to your trade association, as well as the DVLA, ICO, and any other relevant party.
    It may also result in action being taken against (PPC name) in the county court for a breach of the data protection act, and/or harassment.
    Failure to pay any judgement made against you may result on a CCJ, and could adversely affect your companies ability to obtain credit, and/or even trade
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • Collingsisit
    • By Collingsisit 7th Dec 17, 9:34 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Collingsisit
    • 7th Dec 17, 9:34 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 9:34 PM
    Thank you so much Half_way, that’s brilliant. And Redx too for your help. It is truly appreciated.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

344Posts Today

1,534Users online

Martin's Twitter