Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mummalove
    • By mummalove 7th Dec 17, 7:47 PM
    • 927Posts
    • 9,176Thanks
    mummalove
    Mobile Phone Insurance - Short Period
    • 7th Dec 17, 7:47 PM
    Mobile Phone Insurance - Short Period 7th Dec 17 at 7:47 PM
    Hi,

Does anyone know if there are any companies that can insure my Samsung S8 for just 1 week only?

I'm travelling to Barcelona and it would put my mind at ease whilst there.

I purely want the cover for my holiday.

Any suggestions welcome.
    "A smile takes but a moment...
    ...but the memory of it lasts forever"

Page 1
    • Kim_13
    • By Kim_13 7th Dec 17, 10:01 PM
    • 1,463 Posts
    • 1,752 Thanks
    Kim_13
    • 7th Dec 17, 10:01 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 10:01 PM
    You might find this article useful: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/cheap-mobile-phone-insurance

You could take one of the packaged bank accounts providing mobile insurance and switch it out for a bonus/downgrade it to a free account when you return.

Check that it isn't covered by any travel insurance you might have first.
    Last edited by Kim_13; 08-12-2017 at 1:48 PM.
    Sealed Pot 11 #520 ~ /£100
    VSP 2017 #9 ~ £108.83/£250.00
    CCCC 2017 #1 ~ £220.95/£120.00

I'm a Board Guide on the Savings and Investments , Budgeting and Bank Accounts , Credit Cards and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this.) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • macman
    • By macman 8th Dec 17, 2:58 PM
    • 41,425 Posts
    • 17,050 Thanks
    macman
    • 8th Dec 17, 2:58 PM
    • 8th Dec 17, 2:58 PM
    It would be simply not cost effective to issue a policy for one week. As above, check your existing holiday insurance and home contents insurance for options.
    If you PIN and SIM-lock it, then the only risk is the loss of the phone itself, which is trivial compared to the call costs that will be racked up overnight if it's stolen.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
    • mummalove
    • By mummalove 9th Dec 17, 7:17 PM
    • 927 Posts
    • 9,176 Thanks
    mummalove
    • 9th Dec 17, 7:17 PM
    • 9th Dec 17, 7:17 PM
    Thanks both for the advice. Much appreciated.
    "A smile takes but a moment...
    ...but the memory of it lasts forever"

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,661Posts Today

6,037Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin