Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dunx1000
    • By dunx1000 7th Dec 17, 6:59 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    dunx1000
    Parking UKPC CCJ pending need advice please
    • 7th Dec 17, 6:59 PM
    Parking UKPC CCJ pending need advice please 7th Dec 17 at 6:59 PM
    Hi I hope someone can advise.
    I used to pay parking fines at once but following advice on this site I didn't pay a few tickets from ukpc. The parking at my work isn't very clear lines are rubbed away and there was debris and old cars bins etc dotted about the site. On 3 occasions I parked in areas which they say were not actual spaces.
    I spoke to the law company and they would not compromise. I have submitted my defence but I'm worried it will not be enough and then I will have to pay £770 and will get a ccj against may name. I need to renew my mortgage in 18 months and I'm worried it may cost me more?

My wife and I are worried and I now wish I just paid the initial £240 for 4 tickets.
    Many thanks
Page 1
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 7th Dec 17, 7:02 PM
    • 1,162 Posts
    • 1,191 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 7th Dec 17, 7:02 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 7:02 PM
    What, precisely, did you submit as your defence?
    Can work not state you were authorised to park?

If you lose, then paying up within 1 month means NO CCJ.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 7th Dec 17, 7:04 PM
    • 16,902 Posts
    • 21,013 Thanks
    Redx
    • 7th Dec 17, 7:04 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 7:04 PM
    agreed, if you lose , pay up , IN FULL , PROMPTLY and no ccj will happen and no effect on your credit rating either

its is ignoring the judgment that triggers the ccj due to non-payment of the judgment

pay it within 1 month and its job done

ie:- learn the ropes
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • dunx1000
    • By dunx1000 7th Dec 17, 7:50 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dunx1000
    • 7th Dec 17, 7:50 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 7:50 PM
    Thanks I took pictures of the spaces that had rubbed away but the law firm said that they were not taken at the time and you could see some good lines in the background of their pictures. I admitted liability for one ticket and offered to pay initial £60 since when I went to their website it was down and didn't take payment properly but this has been rejected by them.
    The fact is parking wasn't clear on site but they have pictures from the time that are in their favour so it's mostly just my say so and some pics taken after event. I took screen grabs of their website being down but they said I could have called to pay. I also quoted the fact that ukpc had been fraudulent in the past but they seem keen to press on against me despite this.
    My work did get them in to manage the parking so no point me speaking to them.

Do you know the process? Will I need to go to court or have call a call. I'm away for most of Christmas and it could be tricky to handle this?
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 7th Dec 17, 7:55 PM
    • 1,162 Posts
    • 1,191 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 7th Dec 17, 7:55 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 7:55 PM
    WHAT EXACTLY DID YOU PUT IN YOUR DEFENCE?

Yes we know the process. If you go to the newbies thread, post two, you too will know it.

How long after we’re your pics taken? Etc.
    So you haven’t tried! Not even a chat? Your loss. Potentially literally.
    • dunx1000
    • By dunx1000 7th Dec 17, 8:06 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dunx1000
    • 7th Dec 17, 8:06 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 8:06 PM
    pics taken around 8 months after tickets?
    What do you mean haven't tried?
    I have looked at the threads here in the past and it just said ignore everything which I did until I got letter from lawyers doing what I thought was initiating the claim. I'm new to this!!
    • dunx1000
    • By dunx1000 7th Dec 17, 8:07 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dunx1000
    • 7th Dec 17, 8:07 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 8:07 PM
    Also my defence is quite long and has pics including registrations I don't think I can post on here
    • waamo
    • By waamo 7th Dec 17, 8:13 PM
    • 2,133 Posts
    • 2,553 Thanks
    waamo
    • 7th Dec 17, 8:13 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 8:13 PM
    I have looked at the threads here in the past and it just said ignore everything which I did until I got letter from lawyers
    I hate to say but that advice changed about 5 years ago. The current advice is to appeal each and every ticket.
    This space for hire.
    • dunx1000
    • By dunx1000 7th Dec 17, 8:15 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dunx1000
    • 7th Dec 17, 8:15 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 8:15 PM
    Here is defence less pics and details:

1. I admit liability for ticket reference xxxxxx and I have sent a cheque for the initial
    fine amount of £60 to SCS Law (21/11/2017).
    I was not prepared to pay extra charges above the initial fine because I had tried on
    numerous occasions to pay this ticket (as well as others) within the 14 day grace period, and
    the UKPC website was not working (fig. 1,2,3 & 4). On another occasion I thought I had paid
    but the transaction never completed as far as I can tell.
    2. I do not admit liability for the remaining 3 tickets ref xxxxxx on the grounds that it was very unclear at the West
    Xxxxxx park which were legitimate marked spaces (fig 5,6,7,8 & 9).
    The car park was in poor repair (fig 10). There were numerous markings painted at different
    times, some had worn away with time and some were still clear. To add to the confusion
    there were skips, abandoned cars (fig 11), debris, a food van as well as chairs and tables
    obstructing certain spaces. There was also a large temporary generator covering parking
    spaces which did still have partial parking spaces marked alongside it – these had mostly
    worn away. Often there were leaves and dirt covering lines.
    It was genuinely difficult to know where one was allowed to park and where not. To make
    this even harder the UKPC enforcement officers were inconsistent in the way they ticketed
    people and normally did not ticket people parked alongside the generator where I received
    two of these tickets with the partial lines visible. Sometimes cars were ticketed in clearly
    marked spaces and I was ticketed twice in legitimate spaces – one of these I paid I’m not
    sure if I paid the other unwarranted ticket or not. I later realised that I should not have paid
    either of these tickets at all since there was no information on their signs/information
    relating to this ͞infringement͟. At this point I realised that UKPC were really about ͞catching
    people out͟ and making money rather than keeping the car park free flowing and safe.
    3. After my initial dealings with UKPC I looked up UKPC online and learned that they had
    fraudulently put tickets on people’s cars throughout the country, this was not a surprise to
    me:
    Car park operator UKPC investigated for 'misleading drivers'

Parking bosses will refund ALL tickets handed out by dodgy wardens who scammed
    motorists by changing the times on photos to fine legally parked cars

PARKING COMPANY STRIPPED OF POWER TO ENFORCE TICKETS AFTER PHOTO
    FRAUD
    • dunx1000
    • By dunx1000 7th Dec 17, 8:21 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dunx1000
    I think I just read the one article linked to an email at the time it said that these were little more than invoices I didn't see any updates on the advice.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 7th Dec 17, 8:23 PM
    • 2,133 Posts
    • 2,553 Thanks
    waamo
    Read this several times until it sinks in. It's long but could save you a pile of cash

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=64350585&postcount=2
    This space for hire.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 7th Dec 17, 8:26 PM
    • 2,133 Posts
    • 2,553 Thanks
    waamo
    You will also need to follow this

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5546325
    This space for hire.
    • dunx1000
    • By dunx1000 7th Dec 17, 8:39 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dunx1000
    Thanks for the advice - loads to take in!!
    The responses from the lawyers were very slow one over a month. I mentioned this in my defence.

One simple question please - an I likely to actually go to court to defend myself? Or are these normally settled via mail and phone?

On the bright side I feel I'm getting an education in law!
    • Redx
    • By Redx 7th Dec 17, 8:42 PM
    • 16,902 Posts
    • 21,013 Thanks
    Redx
    it only is on track for a hearing at your local court if the DQ part is done and the PPC pays the hearing fee , plus if you have refused mediation ( so no to email and no to phone)

you can read the timeline of events by reading the BARGEPOLE post linked in the NEWBIES sticky thread , post #2

that post #2 needs to be your go to bible from now on, most questions have been answered before and all the best info is in that post #2
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,147Posts Today

6,015Users online

Martin's Twitter