Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • hollybell
    • By hollybell 7th Dec 17, 5:58 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 5Thanks
    Surveyor Insurance
    • #1
    • 7th Dec 17, 5:58 PM
    Surveyor Insurance 7th Dec 17 at 5:58 PM
    Hi all,

    Am looking to have a HomeBuyers Report carried out and have had a few quotes. I'd like to go with an independent surveyor (RICS certified but not working for a company) but for peace of mind wanted to know what the situation would be with indemnity insurance if (hopefully not!) we ever had to lodge a claim agains the survey.

    Do we need to check that the surveyor is insured? Or would this be a condition of their RICS membership? And what would happen if say, the surveyor no longer worked - would it still be possible to claim against their insurance?

Page 1
    • Tom99
    • By Tom99 7th Dec 17, 6:11 PM
    • 1,239 Posts
    • 793 Thanks
    • #2
    • 7th Dec 17, 6:11 PM
    • #2
    • 7th Dec 17, 6:11 PM
    The RICS require their members providing such a service to have professional indemnity insurance and when they stop working to continue with run off insurance for I think six years.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

393Posts Today

4,865Users online

Martin's Twitter