Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • beccih1892
    • By beccih1892 7th Dec 17, 4:35 PM
    • 20Posts
    • 11Thanks
    beccih1892
    PCN Manchester Urban Exchange
    • 7th Dec 17, 4:35 PM
    PCN Manchester Urban Exchange 7th Dec 17 at 4:35 PM
    Hi everyone,

I have received a Charge Notice from Highview Parking as the registered keeper of my vehicle which was parked for 1 hour and 11 minutes at Urban Exchange, Manchester. This is a small retail and leisure development which used to offer 3 hours free parking, the driver saw the signs and noted it says 2 hours free parking instead of 3 (there was no other clear signage of these newer changes). Now just discovered this has AGAIN changed to 1 hour free parking and then you have to get a parking ticket or voucher from one of the shops after that? My mum and I purchased some items from Aldi but was not made aware of having to have a voucher upon checkout.

I am shocked at the attempt to get £95 or £55 if paid within 14 days for the sake of 11 minutes over the FREE hour??? Anyway, before research being carried out on the threads on here an appeal has already been made via the web link provided in the letter. Just wondering if this would still be able to be taken further? No response as of yet as the appeal was only sent a couple of hours ago.

Any advice would be appreciated, as stated I have looked through other posts but most other people had been through the numerous threads on here first (clever!).

TIA
    Last edited by beccih1892; 07-12-2017 at 5:34 PM. Reason: Mistakes
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 7th Dec 17, 4:38 PM
    • 15,956 Posts
    • 24,760 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 7th Dec 17, 4:38 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 4:38 PM
    Anyway, before doing my research on the threads on here I had already appealed via the web link provided in the letter.
    What exactly did you say in the appeal?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 7th Dec 17, 4:42 PM
    • 4,788 Posts
    • 3,147 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 7th Dec 17, 4:42 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 4:42 PM
    Your best bet is to complain to Aldi.
    Take the receipt for your purchases and point out that it's highly unlikely that you'll shop there again as parking is to expensive.

Have you already told the PPC who the driver is?

Who is the PPC?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 7th Dec 17, 5:06 PM
    • 33,605 Posts
    • 17,504 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 7th Dec 17, 5:06 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 5:06 PM
    Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving

You need to edit your op to remove details of who was driving

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you
    • beccih1892
    • By beccih1892 7th Dec 17, 5:20 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    beccih1892
    • 7th Dec 17, 5:20 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 5:20 PM
    Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving

You need to edit your op to remove details of who was driving

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you
    Originally posted by Quentin
    Thank you for the tip, have edited!
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 7th Dec 17, 5:25 PM
    • 4,788 Posts
    • 3,147 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 7th Dec 17, 5:25 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 5:25 PM
    More editing to post #1 needed.

The driver saw the signs...

TWICE!!

• beccih1892
    • By beccih1892 7th Dec 17, 5:29 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    beccih1892
    • 7th Dec 17, 5:29 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 5:29 PM
    Your best bet is to complain to Aldi.
    Take the receipt for your purchases and point out that it's highly unlikely that you'll shop there again as parking is to expensive.

Have you already told the PPC who the driver is?

Who is the PPC?
    Originally posted by KeithP
    It was last month and it was paid for by cash, don't have the receipt unfortunately. Yes they have already been informed of the driver from the appeal response so I think the situation has already been tarnished! As in who is the company who issued it? If so it's Highview Parking
    • beccih1892
    • By beccih1892 7th Dec 17, 5:32 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    beccih1892
    • 7th Dec 17, 5:32 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 5:32 PM
    More editing to post #1 needed.

The driver saw the signs...

TWICE!!

Oh dear and I thought I was doing well is that better?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 7th Dec 17, 5:36 PM
    • 4,788 Posts
    • 3,147 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 7th Dec 17, 5:36 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 5:36 PM
    Yes, much better.

As Quentin said, it's is to protect you - the keeper.

Highview should be easy at PoPLA.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 7th Dec 17, 5:41 PM
    • 33,605 Posts
    • 17,504 Thanks
    Quentin
    Oh dear and I thought I was doing well is that better?
    Originally posted by beccih1892
    Unfortunately it's all to no point.

(You say you named the driver when you appealed)
    • beccih1892
    • By beccih1892 7th Dec 17, 5:48 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    beccih1892
    Unfortunately it's all to no point.

(You say you named the driver when you appealed)
    Originally posted by Quentin
    This is what I was thinking, appreciate the advice either way, the driver might have to bite the bullet and just pay this one by the looks of it!
    • beccih1892
    • By beccih1892 7th Dec 17, 6:08 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    beccih1892
    Yes, much better.

As Quentin said, it's is to protect you - the keeper.

Highview should be easy at PoPLA.
    The driver has already been identified in the appeal so I think this one may be tarnished! Thank you for the advice given regardless!
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 7th Dec 17, 6:11 PM
    • 15,956 Posts
    • 24,760 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    The driver has already been identified in the appeal
    Are you able to show us what was said in the appeal to see if we can rescue anything out of it for you, as HV don’t rely on PoFA, it is a slam dunk winner, provided the driver hasn’t been explicitly identified.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • beccih1892
    • By beccih1892 7th Dec 17, 6:16 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    beccih1892
    Are you able to show us what was said in the appeal to see if we can rescue anything out of it for you, as HV donít rely on PoFA, it is a slam dunk winner, provided the driver hasnít been explicitly identified.
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    Yes I can provide this, how should I go about this? Don't want to tarnish it further if there's a chance it can be rescued so just being cautious.
    • beccih1892
    • By beccih1892 7th Dec 17, 6:28 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    beccih1892
    What exactly did you say in the appeal?
    Sorry I didn't realise you had replied earlier!
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 7th Dec 17, 8:35 PM
    • 15,956 Posts
    • 24,760 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Yes I can provide this, how should I go about this? Don't want to tarnish it further if there's a chance it can be rescued so just being cautious.
    Originally posted by beccih1892
    Just copy and paste it here. Redact any personal detail, or any that might identify you like VRM or PCN ref no.

• beccih1892
    • By beccih1892 10th Dec 17, 4:47 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    beccih1892
    Just copy and paste it here. Redact any personal detail, or any that might identify you like VRM or PCN ref no.
    To whom it may concern, I have received a PCN for parking at this address, I read the terms and conditions on the sign and have parked here previous times before, which states parking is free for the period of up to two hours. I shopped in the Aldi store located in this establishment within this time frame so I am confused as to why I have received this notice, could you please advise as I feel this has been incorrectly issued.

This was what was put on the appeal response for the original PCN
    • beccih1892
    • By beccih1892 10th Dec 17, 5:39 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    beccih1892
    Sorry I had some issues accessing my account !! Just an update I've received another PCN as the registered keeper of the vehicle for the week before the previous PCN. How long does the company have to inform you of this? As it has been 21 days from the date shown, from what I've read in the newbies thread it's 14 days.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 10th Dec 17, 6:00 PM
    • 1,185 Posts
    • 1,228 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Only if you don’t identify the driver, otherwise they have 6 years to issue and pursue their invoice.
    • beccih1892
    • By beccih1892 10th Dec 17, 6:04 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    beccih1892
    Only if you donít identify the driver, otherwise they have 6 years to issue and pursue their invoice.
    Originally posted by nosferatu1001
    Is this in relation to the original PCN or the other one I've mentioned about with the late time frame ?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

450Posts Today

2,668Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin