Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CG77
    • By CG77 7th Dec 17, 3:57 PM
    • 1,147Posts
    • 1,638Thanks
    CG77
    Is this an expected time frame?
    • 7th Dec 17, 3:57 PM
    Is this an expected time frame? 7th Dec 17 at 3:57 PM
    Full application went in on 10th Nov. Documents requested and sent in within a couple of days after that. Valuation fee paid and valuation done within 10 days. All ok with valuation (thankfully this time-we had a huge downvaluation last time and had to pull out of the purchase). Nothing at all since then. According to brokers they are Ďchecking everything is in orderí but canít tell us when weíll hear anything more. It will be 4 weeks tomorrow since the application went in. Is this normal in your experience? Looking on the Ďwaitingí thread people seem to have had decisions much more quickly so having been relatively laissez-faire with this application until now, iím starting to get slightly jittery...!
    New Year, New Me!!!

Weight loss mission 2012 has officially begun!!

Loss so far: 3 stone 4lbs
Page 1
    • KTD10
    • By KTD10 7th Dec 17, 4:42 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    KTD10
    • 7th Dec 17, 4:42 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 4:42 PM
    Our full application went in on the 6th November and we only got our offer last Friday so it really does vary between lenders. I would maybe chase your broker and get them to actually call your lender and see what the status is.
    • YHM
    • By YHM 7th Dec 17, 4:48 PM
    • 303 Posts
    • 99 Thanks
    YHM
    • 7th Dec 17, 4:48 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 4:48 PM
    Which lender is it? Sounds slow if its high street
    I am a Mortgage Broker.

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice
    • CG77
    • By CG77 7th Dec 17, 9:09 PM
    • 1,147 Posts
    • 1,638 Thanks
    CG77
    • 7th Dec 17, 9:09 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 9:09 PM
    Thanks both. Itís Digital (so Atom) through L&C. Iíll keep chasing but just wondering why itís taking so long. Surely it canít suggest a decline? Would they not just tell me if so? I canít think of any reason theyíd have based on the info they have and they havenít asked for anything else...
    New Year, New Me!!!

Weight loss mission 2012 has officially begun!!

Loss so far: 3 stone 4lbs
    • YHM
    • By YHM 8th Dec 17, 3:05 PM
    • 303 Posts
    • 99 Thanks
    YHM
    • 8th Dec 17, 3:05 PM
    • 8th Dec 17, 3:05 PM
    Never used them, but aware they are new, so they may still be on the go slow.

Plenty of other lenders would have turned this around a lot quicker....aware this isn't much consolation for you.
    I am a Mortgage Broker.

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

210Posts Today

1,691Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin