Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jackiefinch58
    • By jackiefinch58 7th Dec 17, 3:41 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    jackiefinch58
    INDIGO Kings Lynn station
    • 7th Dec 17, 3:41 PM
    INDIGO Kings Lynn station 7th Dec 17 at 3:41 PM
    Parked on 28/09/17 paid with contactless, no text as they requested I ring.
    Penalty notice attached upon return. I emailed a copy of a bank statement showing payment to them. They refused saying there was no evidence of an e ticket... I replied asking what they thought the payment was for (they had not acknowledged the payment) and never heard again until letter from ZZPS asking for £100 plus £70 admin fees. I ring ZZPS as they ask you not to ignore the letter and am told my choice is pay up or go to court and expect further costs.
    I have repeatedly tried to ring Indigo but -you guessed - no one ever answers! I have emailed them via their web form and again no reply.
    I'm always happy to hold up my hands and pay a fine when I am in the wrong, but this time I HAVE PAID so am not happy. Equally I am nervous of involving a court.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 7th Dec 17, 3:54 PM
    • 16,865 Posts
    • 20,944 Thanks
    Redx
    • 7th Dec 17, 3:54 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 3:54 PM
    bylaws apply on railway land and so the TOC have 6 months to take you to the magistrates court if a penalty breach was issued

ZZPS are powerless , IGNORE zzps
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 7th Dec 17, 3:57 PM
    • 40,512 Posts
    • 80,903 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 7th Dec 17, 3:57 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 3:57 PM
    Ignore debt collectors. They have no powers.

Never ring a parking scammer.

Did the parking charge actually use the word penalty? If so, did it mention (railway) byelaws? If so, you need to play email ping pong with Indigo for six months.
    Generally, only the vehicle owner (not driver or keeper) can be held liable for a byelaw infringement, and only for six months, and only by the train operating company or landowner (usually network rail), and only in a magistrates court. Parking companies can do none of these things so you just need to get past six months when it becomes statute barred.

Please read the sticky thread for NEWBIES that explains how to deal with the unregulated private parking industry. Normally you should not give away the driver's identity. Luckily where byelaws are concerned this is not so critical, but don't do it in the future if you ever get another private parking charge without checking this site first.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 07-12-2017 at 3:59 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 7th Dec 17, 3:58 PM
    • 7,409 Posts
    • 6,455 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 7th Dec 17, 3:58 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 3:58 PM
    £70 admin fees, they are having a giraffe. Let them take you to court, (no big deal), then you can take them to the cleaners.

Lots of threads on here about Indigo tickets on Railway land. search fir them.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,365Posts Today

7,959Users online

Martin's Twitter