Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pj1115
    • By pj1115 7th Dec 17, 2:25 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    pj1115
    PCNs issued on wrong road?
    • 7th Dec 17, 2:25 PM
    PCNs issued on wrong road? 7th Dec 17 at 2:25 PM
    Hi

I received 3 private PCNs from UKPC for parking in a restricted area - two for a single two-day stay in July and another for a day in August.

The thing is... Both times the car was parked on a public road, and NOT in the private road claimed by UKPC. The public road (residential and with no yellow lines) leads into a private residential road which is managed by UKPC, but the start of this is distinguished with yellow lines, UKPC signposting and a change in the road's colour.

I haven't appealed using templates in response to any of these - there was no way I was appealing for a contravention on a contract I didn't enter into... For those first two PCNs, I received NTKs, letters from their debt agency (Debt Recovery Plus ltd) and later two apologies from UKPC following my letters.

For the third PCN, I took the same approach, informing them that they were mistaken (including my photos, maps, and their OWN photographic evidence), but have continued to receive letters from them and their debt agent. I've since written a very strongly worded letter telling them that my intention is to:
    1. Make a complaint to the council
    2. Make complaints to the DVLA and BPA for breaking their rules around acquiring the registered keeper's information
    3. and consider legal action for compensation for the large number of distressing letters over a debt not owed, and for my time in managing the problem

They responded to me via letter and Resolver.co.uk saying it's too late to appeal and that I need to make payment to DRP. Do I have any hope at this point for not paying? Should I follow through on my threat for legal action? This has been countless hours of my time and caused lots of distress with my family..

Appreciate any guidance
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 7th Dec 17, 2:34 PM
    • 33,605 Posts
    • 17,504 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 7th Dec 17, 2:34 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 2:34 PM
    Read up on this in the Newbies FAQ thread.

You now ignore everything except court correspondence or a letter before court action

Come back for advice on how to deal with this if it comes to this.

They have 6 years to start legal action against you
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 7th Dec 17, 2:45 PM
    • 1,819 Posts
    • 3,214 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 7th Dec 17, 2:45 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 2:45 PM
    The thing is... Both times the car was parked on a public road, and NOT in the private road claimed by UKPC. The public road (residential and with no yellow lines) leads into a private residential road which is managed by UKPC, but the start of this is distinguished with yellow lines, UKPC signposting and a change in the road's colour.
    Get something from either the Land Registry or the council to show where you were parked. If they are ticketing on the highway then raise it with the Parking department of the local authority and then Trading Standards. Ticketing on the highway is simple fraud and they have been found guilty of fraud before.
    Life's for living, get on with it rather than worrying about these. If they hassle, counter claim.

Send them that costs schedule though, 24 hours before the hearing, and file it with the court. Take with you evidence that you have sent the costs schedule to them and when.
    LoC
    • Grimble
    • By Grimble 9th Dec 17, 10:41 AM
    • 393 Posts
    • 476 Thanks
    Grimble
    • 9th Dec 17, 10:41 AM
    • 9th Dec 17, 10:41 AM
    Report them to trading standards.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

376Posts Today

1,502Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin