Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Fiasco55
    • By Fiasco55 7th Dec 17, 12:57 PM
    • 1,317Posts
    • 15,165Thanks
    Fiasco55
    Help Please! Ebay Buyer Says Item Broke after Wearing
    • 7th Dec 17, 12:57 PM
    Help Please! Ebay Buyer Says Item Broke after Wearing 7th Dec 17 at 12:57 PM
    So, never had this before and I'm needing some advice on how to proceed.

I sold a brand new pair or wellies, still with the tags on last week. I was given a 5 star review by the buyer. Today I received a message from the buyer saying that she put them on today for the first time and the buckle strap has snapped on them. I have also been asked if a knew about this??

I have not seen any photos of the damage and the wellies were brand new with no issues when I sent them. Not to sure what to say back to the buyer. Help!
    No buying toiletries Graduated May 2017

Decluttered 2016 2469 items, 2017 1224 items
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 038 so far £163.96
Page 1
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 7th Dec 17, 1:05 PM
    • 11,435 Posts
    • 7,712 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 7th Dec 17, 1:05 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 1:05 PM
    If the item broken on first use then it will qualify for eBay's money back guarantee.

Has the buyer opened a case?

I would ask for a photo of the damage - is it likely to have rendered the boot useless or could the boot be repaired?
    • Dox
    • By Dox 7th Dec 17, 3:22 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 37 Thanks
    Dox
    • 7th Dec 17, 3:22 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 3:22 PM
    I'd go back to the buyer and say you are sorry she has cause for complaint and that as the boots were brand new went sent, you could not have known the buckle strap would break and you would appreciate a photo of the damaged boot. Ask her what she would like you to do - that puts the ball in her court to either say she'll settle for a partial refund if the boots are still usable (many wellie straps are ornamental rather than functional, whatever the manufactures may claim) or indicate she wants to return them (in which case ask her to open a case).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

156Posts Today

1,950Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin