Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ems85
    • By ems85 7th Dec 17, 11:41 AM
    • 13Posts
    • 29Thanks
    ems85
    Awaiting Natwest PPI payment.
    • 7th Dec 17, 11:41 AM
    Awaiting Natwest PPI payment. 7th Dec 17 at 11:41 AM
    Hi everyone

I recently had a successful claim against Natwest for mis-sold PPI.
    I had a text message on Tuesday to say they aim to make payment by 1/1/18!
    I was hoping to have this money back before xmas and was wondering if anyone knows whether it's likely to take this long or if payments are usually made quicker.

Thanks
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 7th Dec 17, 12:02 PM
    • 14,345 Posts
    • 15,103 Thanks
    zx81
    • 7th Dec 17, 12:02 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 12:02 PM
    No way of knowing. Expect it by 1 Jan and you shouldn't be disappointed.
    • ems85
    • By ems85 7th Dec 17, 12:09 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    ems85
    • 7th Dec 17, 12:09 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 12:09 PM
    Thanks for your reply.
    I understand that - I was just wondering what others experiences are that have had ppi paid back from Natwest recently.
    • zx81
    • By zx81 7th Dec 17, 12:15 PM
    • 14,345 Posts
    • 15,103 Thanks
    zx81
    • 7th Dec 17, 12:15 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 12:15 PM
    It won't be relevant. Timings fluctuate hugely, especially at this time of year.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 7th Dec 17, 12:48 PM
    • 18,873 Posts
    • 10,111 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 7th Dec 17, 12:48 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 12:48 PM
    I was just wondering what others experiences are that have had ppi paid back from Natwest recently.
    Originally posted by ems85
    What if "others" said they had been waiting for three months? Would that assist you in any way? The answer is that the experience (even recent) of others is irrelevant to your individual case.

It's also rare for people to post for long after they have been successful.

Basically, only NatWest can tell you when you will receive your redress..
    • Mersey
    • By Mersey 7th Dec 17, 2:08 PM
    • 1,630 Posts
    • 780 Thanks
    Mersey
    • 7th Dec 17, 2:08 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 2:08 PM
    Hi everyone

I recently had a successful claim against Natwest for mis-sold PPI.
    I had a text message on Tuesday to say they aim to make payment by 1/1/18!
    I was hoping to have this money back before xmas and was wondering if anyone knows whether it's likely to take this long or if payments are usually made quicker.

Thanks

NatWest usually pay within a fortnight, but it will depend whether payment is being sent via BACS or cheque.

HSBC are the slowest by all accounts (I saw one redress payment take 90 days, even after 2 branch visits and a complaint).

Clearly 25/12/17, 26/12/17 and 01/01/18 are Bank Holidays in any event, but banks' IT systems appear not to omit these from their correspondence, ie in the past I've seen letters and text messages referring to payments being made on dates which are a Sunday and even Christmas Day itself!

Incidentally, if a cheque: the good news is that from this month NatWest have speeded up their cheque processing time from 6 to 3 working days (when payments are fully cleared), although cheques paid in - including at ATMs - will now show on statements as having been banked the same day, rather than the next day as was the case.
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
    • ems85
    • By ems85 7th Dec 17, 2:22 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    ems85
    • 7th Dec 17, 2:22 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 2:22 PM
    NatWest usually pay within a fortnight, but it will depend whether payment is being sent via BACS or cheque.

HSBC are the slowest by all accounts (I saw one redress payment take 90 days, even after 2 branch visits and a complaint).

Clearly 25/12/17, 26/12/17 and 01/01/18 are Bank Holidays in any event, but banks' IT systems appear not to omit these from their correspondence, ie in the past I've seen letters and text messages referring to payments being made on dates which are a Sunday and even Christmas Day itself!

Incidentally, if a cheque: the good news is that from this month NatWest have speeded up their cheque processing time from 6 to 3 working days (when payments are fully cleared), although cheques paid in - including at ATMs - will now show on statements as having been banked the same day, rather than the next day as was the case.
    Originally posted by Mersey
    Thanks so much for the helpful answer Mersey!!

I'm not sure how the payment will be sent, i do have a Natwest account so i'm assuming it will be BACS.

I did also wonder about the bank holiday date as clearly i wouldn't be able to receive payment on New years day.

I had no idea that Natwest had sped up cheque processing times either - so thanks again, very helpful.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 7th Dec 17, 2:41 PM
    • 18,873 Posts
    • 10,111 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 7th Dec 17, 2:41 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 2:41 PM
    very helpful.
    but you're still none the wiser as to when you will be paid...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,042Posts Today

7,655Users online

Martin's Twitter