Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hullborn
    • By hullborn 7th Dec 17, 11:36 AM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    hullborn
    Scooter deck has developed a crack. Can't get replaced under warranty.
    • 7th Dec 17, 11:36 AM
    Scooter deck has developed a crack. Can't get replaced under warranty. 7th Dec 17 at 11:36 AM
    Hi, I bought my son a scooter for his birthday in July this year. The scooter deck has developed two cracks either side of the rear wheel.

I've taken the scooter back to the shop who contacted their distributor to see if the deck could be replaced under warranty. I've been informed that the distributor will not replace the deck.

As the scooter is meant for doing tricks and jumps etc. Am I still covered under the Consumer Rights Act.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Wayne.
Page 1
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 7th Dec 17, 11:48 AM
    • 4,860 Posts
    • 9,789 Thanks
    marliepanda
    • 7th Dec 17, 11:48 AM
    • 7th Dec 17, 11:48 AM
    Hi, I bought my son a scooter for his birthday in July this year. The scooter deck has developed two cracks either side of the rear wheel.

I've taken the scooter back to the shop who contacted their distributor to see if the deck could be replaced under warranty. I've been informed that the distributor will not replace the deck.

As the scooter is meant for doing tricks and jumps etc. Am I still covered under the Consumer Rights Act.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Wayne.
    Originally posted by hullborn
    You could be if the scooter was built in such a way that this damage was always going to occur due to it being poorly built. If it is within the first 6 months the retailer needs to prove that it was down to misuse of the scooter. (You said you bought it for his birthday in July, but what date did you actually buy the scooter?)

This is totally different to your warranty with the manufacturer, which can have any caveats it likes.
    Survey Earnings 2017 - £163
    • hullborn
    • By hullborn 7th Dec 17, 11:54 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    hullborn
    • 7th Dec 17, 11:54 AM
    • 7th Dec 17, 11:54 AM
    I bought the scooter on the 10th July but it's been with the retails for 2 weeks while they have been waiting for the distributor to get back to them.

So the retailer, not the distributor have the responsibility for replacing the deck?
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 7th Dec 17, 12:11 PM
    • 11,396 Posts
    • 7,668 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 7th Dec 17, 12:11 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 12:11 PM
    I bought the scooter on the 10th July but it's been with the retails for 2 weeks while they have been waiting for the distributor to get back to them.

So the retailer, not the distributor have the responsibility for replacing the deck?
    Originally posted by hullborn
    Read post 2 again.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,346Posts Today

8,115Users online

Martin's Twitter