Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cook0891
    • By cook0891 7th Dec 17, 11:22 AM
    • 108Posts
    • 36Thanks
    cook0891
    Incorrect data held
    • 7th Dec 17, 11:22 AM
    Incorrect data held 7th Dec 17 at 11:22 AM
    Hi all,

Just in process of remortgaging with Bank of Ireland. When I spoke to them first a few weeks ago whilst going through security it came to light they had my incorrect date of birth. They checked the system and had no ID for me. Then today whilst discussing my options they also had the incorrect NI number for me. Again they checked the system and had no record of me sending in any ID. However they did have the correct DOB and NI for my wife. Should I be worried that they have the wrong details and also what they have done with the data I originally would have had to send in? They just don't fill me with greatest of confidence!!

Thanks.
Page 1
    • YHM
    • By YHM 7th Dec 17, 11:42 AM
    • 303 Posts
    • 99 Thanks
    YHM
    • 7th Dec 17, 11:42 AM
    • 7th Dec 17, 11:42 AM
    Sounds like manual errors, which do happen.

Does it worry you enough to influence your decision to remortgage to them though that's the question....
    I am a Mortgage Broker.

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice
    • cook0891
    • By cook0891 7th Dec 17, 3:05 PM
    • 108 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    cook0891
    • 7th Dec 17, 3:05 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 3:05 PM
    Sounds like manual errors, which do happen.

Does it worry you enough to influence your decision to remortgage to them though that's the question....
    Originally posted by YHM

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate manual errors can happen, just frustrating that two have happened and more fact that they did have a DOB and NI on the system, but they were incorrect and if had no ID for me where did they pluck these from.

It wouldn't stop me using them again to be fair.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,540Posts Today

6,643Users online

Martin's Twitter