Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Firsttimebuyers
    • By Firsttimebuyers 7th Dec 17, 9:42 AM
    • 79Posts
    • 24Thanks
    Firsttimebuyers
    Credit Card Balances whilst waiting to complete
    • 7th Dec 17, 9:42 AM
    Credit Card Balances whilst waiting to complete 7th Dec 17 at 9:42 AM
    Just after a bit of advice from anyone who may have been in the same position.

We're FTB, and do have a bit of CC Debt which was declared on the application (all 0%) but I also have a card which I use for groceries and clear each month - this wasn't on the application as it's never running a large balance - I just prefer to use it, rather than a debit card, for online grocery shopping.

Depending on the time of the month the CRA are updated, it can appear the card has a balance - will this be an issue if they credit check me on completion? Lender is Natwest.
Page 1
    • YHM
    • By YHM 7th Dec 17, 9:48 AM
    • 299 Posts
    • 97 Thanks
    YHM
    • 7th Dec 17, 9:48 AM
    • 7th Dec 17, 9:48 AM
    Wouldn't be an issue, especially if when bank statements are supplied the underwriter can see it being repaid in full
    I am a Mortgage Broker.

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice
    • Firsttimebuyers
    • By Firsttimebuyers 7th Dec 17, 9:50 AM
    • 79 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    Firsttimebuyers
    • 7th Dec 17, 9:50 AM
    • 7th Dec 17, 9:50 AM
    I did think that, and we actually bank with NatWest - I've just been a bit wary about using it as I'd rather not run into problems on completion! - thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,407Posts Today

8,243Users online

Martin's Twitter