Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nmlc
    • By nmlc 7th Dec 17, 6:16 AM
    • 2,896Posts
    • 39,308Thanks
    nmlc
    O/S Daily Thursday 7 December 2017
    • 7th Dec 17, 6:16 AM
    O/S Daily Thursday 7 December 2017 7th Dec 17 at 6:16 AM
    O/S Daily Thursday 7 December 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly.

Dinner last night was chicken in country sauce, mash, carrots, peas, LO cauli/broc cheese and yorkshires - all eaten and enjoyed, although I used boneless skinless chicken thighs, and they just shrunk, so will make sure I only use chicken breast next time. Tonight I'm not sure what we'll be eating, but will organise that later.

Yesterday work wasn't too bad in the morning, but then became very busy in the afternoon, as I do a different job on Weds afternoons, and there's not enough staff, but the time does pass quickly. I'm now on days' off, so will crack on with the "to do" list. I'll be heading to town first thing to visit the bank and building society, then home to crack on.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    Last edited by nmlc; 07-12-2017 at 6:24 AM.
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
Page 2
    • elona
    • By elona 7th Dec 17, 6:24 PM
    • 11,304 Posts
    • 60,505 Thanks
    elona
    It was freezing last night so glad I had my new lined jacket on.

Cleaner has been to sort out the house and electrician has fixed the shower so I don't have to keep clambering in the upstairs bath which was getting precarious.

Judi

I was horrified to hear about that poor little girl and thank heavens there are people like your daughter.

csarina

I am so glad your relatives are safe and you have heard from them.

Managed to get a hairdressing appointment for tomorrow afternoon
    as I am starting to look eccentric I am meeting my dds mother in law tomorrow evening as she has tickets for Alfie Boe and Michael Ball and neither her husband or daughter wanted to go.

JackieO

Take care of yourself, wrap up warm and have plenty of hot drinks.

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
    • ancientofdays
    • By ancientofdays 7th Dec 17, 6:47 PM
    • 1,283 Posts
    • 14,517 Thanks
    ancientofdays
    I got soaked on the way there and froze my bits off on the way back. Forgot my hat. Home now though.

Nannywindows I am thinking of the little boy, if it helps my friend's little one had leukaemia at 3, he made a full recovery though it was a hugely anxious time.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
    • Floss
    • By Floss 7th Dec 17, 7:30 PM
    • 4,091 Posts
    • 33,700 Thanks
    Floss
    Nannywindows I meant to say yesterday, my godfather's youngest daughter had leukaemia in the 1980s as a small child. Her parents were told that if she survived it was unlikely that she would have children. She now works as a childrens cancer nurse and has 2 children of her own.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,835Posts Today

7,179Users online

Martin's Twitter