Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • TrimbL315
    • By TrimbL315 7th Dec 17, 1:05 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    TrimbL315
    Parking Solutions 24 - appeal refused
    • 7th Dec 17, 1:05 AM
    Parking Solutions 24 - appeal refused 7th Dec 17 at 1:05 AM
    Hi all

Looking for some advice on a recent parking fine. I recently received a PCN whilst parked outside my University from company ParkingSolutions24, despite the fact that I’d paid for and displayed a ticket, and was still well within the time paid for. I realised that as I’d closed my car door the ticket had been blown down onto the passenger seat, but was still clearly visible. Anyway, I appealed the decision through the company and unsurprisingly it was refused, so I am now at the stage of going to POPLA so was wondering if there is any advice as to how I should go about this, before I send off the appeal. Incidentally, the refusal notice came from a company named PCN Parking Solutions and not ParkingSolutions 24 who issued the fine. I also have dash cam footage of the ticket being blown from the windscreen, which the parking company were not interested in. Another issue I have is that according to the wording of the invoice which was stuck to my windscreen my breach of contract was ‘No P&D Ticket’, I did (and still do) have a ticket so can I argue that I have not actually breached the contract? at no point does it mention that I had failed to display a ticket. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 7th Dec 17, 1:49 AM
    • 4,747 Posts
    • 3,090 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 7th Dec 17, 1:49 AM
    • 7th Dec 17, 1:49 AM
    Your best bet is to read post #3 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky/pinned thread.

That post is full of good ideas on how to win at PoPLA.

Have you already admitted to the PPC that you are the driver?

If not, you would be best advised to remove all clues as to the driver's identity from your post above.

Have a look here to see what you are up against:

You will see that they have not yet taken anyone to court - but of course that may change.
    • TrimbL315
    • By TrimbL315 7th Dec 17, 9:05 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    TrimbL315
    • 7th Dec 17, 9:05 AM
    • 7th Dec 17, 9:05 AM
    Thank you for your response.Yes I made the mistake of admitting to being the driver in my initial appeal, should have done more research first . Someone I know has been booked on this car park before and has never heard anything beyond the standard threat letters. Thanks for the info on court hearings, very useful
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,147Posts Today

6,015Users online

Martin's Twitter