Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Blulu
    • By Blulu 7th Dec 17, 12:55 AM
    • 5,292Posts
    • 88,803Thanks
    Blulu
    Windows update warning
    • 7th Dec 17, 12:55 AM
    Windows update warning 7th Dec 17 at 12:55 AM
    Guys, my laptop has just finished doing a Windows update. It took over two hours! I'm so glad I did it at the end of the day, when I'd finished comping. The good thing is, it did warn me it would be a long one, and gave me options to reschedule it for when I wanted it to run.

Blu X
    Comping fairy fly to me. Make my bells go tinkle.
    Get your dust out for the lads, and let me have a sprinkle.
Page 1
    • Blueyez
    • By Blueyez 7th Dec 17, 12:59 AM
    • 2,401 Posts
    • 17,392 Thanks
    Blueyez
    • 7th Dec 17, 12:59 AM
    • 7th Dec 17, 12:59 AM
    My last windows update failed & I lost the use of my keyboard & mouse-had to use recovery & lost all my favourites & comp folders!
    • Blulu
    • By Blulu 7th Dec 17, 8:27 AM
    • 5,292 Posts
    • 88,803 Thanks
    Blulu
    • 7th Dec 17, 8:27 AM
    • 7th Dec 17, 8:27 AM
    My last windows update failed & I lost the use of my keyboard & mouse-had to use recovery & lost all my favourites & comp folders!
    Originally posted by Blueyez
    Ouch! That would hurt, lots. Sometimes it feels like Microsoft are Big Brother. We have very little say in what they choose to do to our computers, and no recourse at all when what they do messes up.

Blu X
    Comping fairy fly to me. Make my bells go tinkle.
    Get your dust out for the lads, and let me have a sprinkle.
    • martinthebandit
    • By martinthebandit 7th Dec 17, 8:31 AM
    • 3,318 Posts
    • 5,620 Thanks
    martinthebandit
    • 7th Dec 17, 8:31 AM
    • 7th Dec 17, 8:31 AM
    Ouch! That would hurt, lots. Sometimes it feels like Microsoft are Big Brother. We have very little say in what they choose to do to our computers, and no recourse at all when what they do messes up.

Blu X
    Originally posted by Blulu

You could always use a different operating system.
    Politics -
    from the words Poli, meaning many
    and tics meaning blood sucking parasites

(thanks to Kinky Friedman (or Larry Hardman) for the quote}
    • ChamomileTao
    • By ChamomileTao 8th Dec 17, 8:48 AM
    • 134 Posts
    • 523 Thanks
    ChamomileTao
    • 8th Dec 17, 8:48 AM
    • 8th Dec 17, 8:48 AM
    Yes my laptop which is essentially my entertainment centre/spare did that update yesterday, seems okay afterwards though, I wonder when the main one will launch into it.
    • Skilos
    • By Skilos 8th Dec 17, 11:20 PM
    • 748 Posts
    • 7,584 Thanks
    Skilos
    • 8th Dec 17, 11:20 PM
    • 8th Dec 17, 11:20 PM
    Windows Updates have always given me more trouble than any virus ever has. I had to run System Restore after this latest update kept crashing my laptop. Today I've also spent hours on tech support sites after the probably not coincidental matter of my wireless connectivity suddenly disabling.
    • Blueyez
    • By Blueyez 13th Dec 17, 10:35 AM
    • 2,401 Posts
    • 17,392 Thanks
    Blueyez
    • 13th Dec 17, 10:35 AM
    • 13th Dec 17, 10:35 AM
    just had the dreaded update, took just over an hour!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,583Posts Today

7,561Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @SF_England: @MartinSLewis Thanks Martin, just so everyone is aware- check your payslips between when you graduated and the following Ap?

• Sorry to bubble burst. But each day a lot of people tweet me this. I think it doesn't show any other votes until t? https://t.co/uRny62NRc1

• Today's Twitter poll: I want to find out are people generally happy. So how happy are you today? PS I did the same? https://t.co/3Gw9ylu2H2

• Follow Martin