Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jh2017fc
    • By jh2017fc 6th Dec 17, 9:37 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 1Thanks
    jh2017fc
    DVLA Unlicensed Vehicle 160 Surety - Refusal to Refund
    • 6th Dec 17, 9:37 PM
    DVLA Unlicensed Vehicle 160 Surety - Refusal to Refund 6th Dec 17 at 9:37 PM
    My vehicle was clamped for being unlicensed recently - my fault. I paid 100 to get it unclamped and 160 as surety so as to go and get it taxed. The 160 would then be returned to me by the clampers, Redcorn Ltd, if I did so within 15 days.

The car needed an MOT so it had to go in for some work first. Then it got its MOT - the the 15th day!! I phoned DVLA to tax the car and was told they could not "see" my new MOT on their system, so I should go to a Post Office armed with the paper version of my new MOT and pay my tax and get a receipt, and then I would get my 160 refunded.

But no - this took place at around 5pm on the 15th day, and Redcorn Ltd close down their telephone lines at precisely 5pm everyday, without fail, with a short clear recorded message to say to call back next day - no Voicemail, no leave a message.

I spoke to DVLA again that same day about this conundrum - I explained that I had now taxed my vehicle but could not notify the clampers who took the 160 surety because they close down their telephone system at 5pm each day (Monday to Friday).

DVLA told me that as long as I had my printed reciept showing I taxed the vehicle on the 15th day then I could ring the clampers, Redcorn Ltd, the next day and they would issue the surety refund.

I did this but Redcorn refused. They said they need a confirmation in writing from the DVLA that this was okay with them. I phoned the DVLA again and they declined to do this, saying they did not enter into communication with their contractors on this sort of matter. They said Redcorn took the surety money directly from me. Redcorn held the money. It was downm to Redcorn to return it to me.

I phoned Redcorn again and this time they demanded I write via e-mail setting out my case. So I did - via e-mail. They did not respond. I telephoned Redcorn again to check they'd received my e-mail, and they told me they would respond "within 48 hours" of receiving any e-mail. They did not. After 4 days' waiting, I telephoned Redcorn again. They said they had received my e-mail and they had sent me an e-mail response but that it had "bounced back to them". Asked by me why they did not then either try again or try to contact me by other means, they gave no response. They would therefore seem to be in breach of their protocol of responding to complaints/requests/appeals etc within 48 hours. If they know their e-mail response was bouned back they know they have no responded surely?

They did tell me that their bounced e-mail had said they reject my request for refund of the 160 surety because I was "too late". They did not accept that the closure of their telephone line was effectively blocking my chance to tell them about the tax on my vehicle.

They told me to leave them alone and suggested no remedy. I am planning to write formally to the DVLA wheelclamper complaints service.

Is there anything else I can do? This must have happened to someone else. Redcorn kept asking me why I had left it to the 15th day, and I explained the car needed work done so it could get through an MOT and THEN and only then could I tax it, and anyway, they told me I had 15 days, so I took 15 days. The fact they shut down at 5pm but don't stipulate that you must tell them BY 5pm on the 15th Day seems to me where they are at fault.

Please can anyone advise?
Page 2
    • jh2017fc
    • By jh2017fc 7th Dec 17, 2:19 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    jh2017fc
    Those DVLA/government documents you refer to quote "Tax Discs" so that would have been pre-2014 when the tax disc system was scrapped.

The period of time to get your vehicle taxed is indisuptably 15 (fifteen) days from either (some ambiguity here) the date of the vehicle being clamped or the date of the wheelclamp being released from the car. Either way, in this case, I was within my 15 days.

The only definition of the 15 days I was given, by the wheelclamping Agent, was 15 calendar days from when I paid the refundable Surety Fee - nothing about the time of the clamping, or normal business hours, or phoneline times.

The wheelclamping agent, who after all takes your money (100 for wheelclamp release and 160 surety fee) over the telephone, TELLS YOU THAT YOU HAVE 15 DAYS TO TAX YOUR CAR. They don't say anything about doing so by 5pm!!!

You can tax your vehicle online with DVLA at anytime night or day as long as the DVLA system can see the other necessary valid documents - V5C and MOT. You can tax it over the telephone with the DVLA up to 7pm on weekday evenings, again as long as the DVLA can see the other necessary valid documents.

You can also tax it over the counter at a Post Office (and Sub-Post Offices, subject to early closing), on production of all your other valid documents (V5C and MOT) and Post Offices are open until 5.30 pm on weekdays in the UK, as are most Sub-Post Offices (subject to early closing).

So why would you not be able to contact the DVLA-appointed Agency which took your obligatory but refundable Surety Fee, after 5pm on weekdays (and not at all at weekends)? And why have they not warned you of this? And why hasn't the DVLA issued accurate guidance instead of ambiguous phrases?

I am not trying to pull a fast one here. Firstly I have parted with my money at the time of the clamping. I have fully taxed the vehicle. Incidentally I got it serviced and MOT-ed but as neither the DVLA nor the wheelclamping Agent has brought up the servicing or MOT, then I don't see the comments about how long it took me to do my business as relevant. I was given 15 days. I took 15 days. Of course I regret not taking only 14 days, or 13, or 12 etc, but I was given 15 days, so that was what happened.
    • custardy
    • By custardy 7th Dec 17, 2:21 PM
    • 32,766 Posts
    • 27,495 Thanks
    custardy
    Those DVLA/government documents you refer to quote "Tax Discs" so that would have been pre-2014 when the tax disc system was scrapped.

The period of time to get your vehicle taxed is indisuptably 15 (fifteen) days from either (some ambiguity here) the date of the vehicle being clamped or the date of the wheelclamp being released from the car. Either way, in this case, I was within my 15 days.

The only definition of the 15 days I was given, by the wheelclamping Agent, was 15 calendar days from when I paid the refundable Surety Fee - nothing about the time of the clamping, or normal business hours, or phoneline times.

The wheelclamping agent, who after all takes your money (100 for wheelclamp release and 160 surety fee) over the telephone, TELLS YOU THAT YOU HAVE 15 DAYS TO TAX YOUR CAR. They don't say anything about doing so by 5pm!!!

You can tax your vehicle online with DVLA at anytime night or day as long as the DVLA system can see the other necessary valid documents - V5C and MOT. You can tax it over the telephone with the DVLA up to 7pm on weekday evenings, again as long as the DVLA can see the other necessary valid documents.

You can also tax it over the counter at a Post Office (and Sub-Post Offices, subject to early closing), on production of all your other valid documents (V5C and MOT) and Post Offices are open until 5.30 pm on weekdays in the UK, as are most Sub-Post Offices (subject to early closing).

So why would you not be able to contact the DVLA-appointed Agency which took your obligatory but refundable Surety Fee, after 5pm on weekdays (and not at all at weekends)? And why have they not warned you of this? And why hasn't the DVLA issued accurate guidance instead of ambiguous phrases?

I am not trying to pull a fast one here. Firstly I have parted with my money at the time of the clamping. I have fully taxed the vehicle. Incidentally I got it serviced and MOT-ed but as neither the DVLA nor the wheelclamping Agent has brought up the servicing or MOT, then I don't see the comments about how long it took me to do my business as relevant. I was given 15 days. I took 15 days. Of course I regret not taking only 14 days, or 13, or 12 etc, but I was given 15 days, so that was what happened.
    Originally posted by jh2017fc
    Its relevant as the expectation and law is you do us the courtesy of driving legally and with a roadworthy vehicle.
    • jh2017fc
    • By jh2017fc 7th Dec 17, 2:56 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    jh2017fc
    Okay, this is getting to be like I am the evildoer here.I'll explain. If your vehicle is wheelclamped for being untaxed, you must get it released from the wheelclamp (100) and pay a refundable surety fee (160), pending you taxing the vehicle.

For the first 24 hours after the vehicle is de-clamped it is not liable for tax whilst you get it off road or taxed etc.That is another aspect of the legal arrangement between the vehicle owner, the DVLA and its wheelclamping Agent. When I therefore drove my car from the spot where it was wheelclamped to my local garage, it was legally being driven on the road.

So I immediately got my car off road within the 24 hours, by putting it into my local garage, where the garage owner was quite happy to take care of it, assess it, price it up, get any parts, doing any work, and do an MOT (which was due). Whilst in his garage he is covered for it in the same way all garages with MOT-testing status are, so the vehicle is fully legal. And anyway his garage is off road and big enough to store vehicles - again all legal.

So I was not breaking ANY laws whatsoever for all 15 days since my vehicle was clamped and then de-clamped. It did not come back onto a road until after it was taxed on that 15th day, during which time it was also MOT-ed.

Where, oh where, Oh Holy One, have I not done a courtesy to you or the Law?
    Last edited by jh2017fc; 07-12-2017 at 2:58 PM.
    • custardy
    • By custardy 7th Dec 17, 3:53 PM
    • 32,766 Posts
    • 27,495 Thanks
    custardy
    Okay, this is getting to be like I am the evildoer here.I'll explain. If your vehicle is wheelclamped for being untaxed, you must get it released from the wheelclamp (100) and pay a refundable surety fee (160), pending you taxing the vehicle.
    As you had no tax. My belief is it had no tax as you knew your MOT was up.
    For the first 24 hours after the vehicle is de-clamped it is not liable for tax whilst you get it off road or taxed etc.That is another aspect of the legal arrangement between the vehicle owner, the DVLA and its wheelclamping Agent. When I therefore drove my car from the spot where it was wheelclamped to my local garage, it was legally being driven on the road.
    How generous of you to avoid further penalties to yourself

So I immediately got my car off road within the 24 hours, by putting it into my local garage, where the garage owner was quite happy to take care of it, assess it, price it up, get any parts, doing any work, and do an MOT (which was due). Whilst in his garage he is covered for it in the same way all garages with MOT-testing status are, so the vehicle is fully legal. And anyway his garage is off road and big enough to store vehicles - again all legal.

So I was not breaking ANY laws whatsoever for all 15 days since my vehicle was clamped and then de-clamped. It did not come back onto a road until after it was taxed on that 15th day, during which time it was also MOT-ed.
    All brought about by the afore mentioned lack of roadworthy vehicle,tax or valid MOT.

Where, oh where, Oh Holy One, have I not done a courtesy to you or the Law?
    Yes,you could be inline for compensation you poor thing.
    Sounds like a stitch up job,totally out of your control.
    • jh2017fc
    • By jh2017fc 7th Dec 17, 4:18 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    jh2017fc
    You are clearly harbouring rather unpleasant views about me, no grounds for which have I given you.

The expiry of my car's Road Tax and its MOT are two entirely different things. They happen to run fairly close together. The car's MOT expired whilst in the garage. I knew it needed a service because I like to keep my cars properly serviced at the usual recommended mileage or time intervals.

The car had been in storage in a private garage off-road, needless to say, for some months and had only been parked up outside my house for a brief period of about half an hour whilst I emptied it out of some personal belongings before taking it to my garage. The tax had indeed run out but, as I say, the car was being kept off road unused in a garage. I knew the MOT was due soon, so I decided to take it in for servicing and an MOT, after which I would renew the tax.

It was parked for that fateful half hour in a small one-way street which has been closed to through traffic for 6 months since October this year for major infrastructural construction works. A very few free remaining roadside parking spaces remain available but there is absolutely no through-traffic as the road is closed off for most of its length. It was there, in one of those parking spots, to where I drove my car from my private garage, prior to onwardly taking it to the mechanic and depositing it in his commercial garage.

In that fateful half an hour that it was parked, my car was clamped.

I don't plead one iota of sympathy for being clamped, or for being fined for what I did, or for paying back tax. But I don't expect to be robbed by the government or one of its Agents. We'll see what happens - if I do get my Surety Fee refunded to me, rest assured I will tell you and hopefully blot your Christmas a little bit, alright Mr Scrooge.

I also wish you all the luck in the world in your bid to never ever make the slightest mistake about anything in your life and so become the first perfect Human Being in history.
    Last edited by jh2017fc; 07-12-2017 at 4:20 PM.
    • AdrianC
    • By AdrianC 7th Dec 17, 4:24 PM
    • 15,692 Posts
    • 14,006 Thanks
    AdrianC
    It was parked for that fateful half hour in a small one-way street which has been closed to through traffic for 6 months since October this year for major infrastructural construction works. A very few free remaining roadside parking spaces remain available but there is absolutely no through-traffic as the road is closed off for most of its length. It was there, in one of those parking spots, to where I drove my car from my private garage, prior to onwardly taking it to the mechanic and depositing it in his commercial garage.

In that fateful half an hour that it was parked, my car was clamped.
    Wow. What ARE the odds of a DVLA agent's clamping van happening to pass such an unlikely stretch of road in such a short period of time? Absolutely incredible...
    • custardy
    • By custardy 7th Dec 17, 4:31 PM
    • 32,766 Posts
    • 27,495 Thanks
    custardy
    Wow. What ARE the odds of a DVLA agent's clamping van happening to pass such an unlikely stretch of road in such a short period of time? Absolutely incredible...
    Originally posted by AdrianC
    and the MOT expired while the car was in the garage.
    Some real rotten luck going about.....

plenty of Christmas spirit in our house.
    All bought and paid for,with a legal car on the drive.
    • takman
    • By takman 7th Dec 17, 4:34 PM
    • 2,884 Posts
    • 2,402 Thanks
    takman
    So you were told that it was 15 "calendar" days by the person who clamped the car?.
    A calendar day means everyday (as apposed to working days) and a day is 24 hours. So they can argue that if you were unclamped at exactly 1PM for example then your 15 days run out at 1PM on that day.

Well it's pretty bad of a garage to take 15 days to do an MOT, service and repairs especially when you booked it in for the day you were clamped and had a short time scale.

Also it's strange that they would take this long because if they re-MOT it after 10 working days they have to pay another fee to process it on the system.
    • jh2017fc
    • By jh2017fc 7th Dec 17, 4:44 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    jh2017fc
    It was not a direct Agent of the DVLA who clamped my vehicle, I have discovered from the DVLA this afternoon.

The wheelclamper is an agent of the two Local Authorities who control the street where my car was parked, sub-contracted by the Agent of the DVLA to do work for them as well as Parking Enforcement for the 2 Local Authorities.

Furthermore the street in question, a boundary street between 2 Local Authorities, has only just been closed off to through traffic for the construction works for the next 6 months. So contra-flows and new directions around this street have been introduced.

I have subsequently observed that this has brought about a much higher level of surveillance by the Parking Enforcement Agency, with mini-cars with roof-mounted cameras often passing by now to police the new traffic arrangements.

I was cursed from the start, apparently. But am I complaining? No chance. I got done. I paid the price - in full. Then I got robbed by the government and I want that money back.

May you never be a little tintsy-bit unlucky in your devoutly-led lives, and may you continue to act with the wisdom of Solomon in all your doings, and - God Forbid - if you were to suffer any little smidgen of bad luck or setback or come-uppance, may all of Mankind pour out their bounteous sympathy and kindness to you, as you are clearly so deserving and so well-disposed to others.

Now I suggest you take something else in hand other than your keyboard and mouse.
    • arcon5
    • By arcon5 7th Dec 17, 4:57 PM
    • 13,189 Posts
    • 8,357 Thanks
    arcon5
    Its relevant as the expectation and law is you do us the courtesy of driving legally and with a roadworthy vehicle.
    Originally posted by custardy
    It's not relevant in the slightest.
    Op has already been punished for his actions.
    • arcon5
    • By arcon5 7th Dec 17, 5:07 PM
    • 13,189 Posts
    • 8,357 Thanks
    arcon5
    Originally posted by custardy
    It's not relevant in the slightest.
    Op has already been punished for his actions.
    • jh2017fc
    • By jh2017fc 7th Dec 17, 5:19 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    jh2017fc
    So you were told that it was 15 "calendar" days by the person who clamped the car?.
    A calendar day means everyday (as apposed to working days) and a day is 24 hours. So they can argue that if you were unclamped at exactly 1PM for example then your 15 days run out at 1PM on that day.

I did not meet the person who clamped my car. I spoke to the Agency involved on the telephone.

I am perfectly aware that a calendar day means Saturday and Sunday as well as Mon-Fri. I don't see where the problem is with these definitions.

A day, of course, is NOT 24 hours. There are 24 hours in one full day, but 24 hours can run across two different days. One full day lasts for 24 hours but only insofar as from 00:00 Hours on any given day until the expiry of 23:59 Hours.

Furthermore the "timing" of the clamp does not enter into it. The Agent clamps your vehicle and notifies his Base. (S)he does NOT leave a timed Ticket for you on the vehicle or go searching for you, just a Warning sticker not to try and move the vehicle and a telephone number for you to call. It is a Vehicle Offence. You don't get to 'meet' the Agent face-to-face and have a 'parley'. Even if you did they would only refer you to their Base Office.

If you don't contact the Agency quickly then they'll come back again and tow it away altogether. The fact is I did contact the Agency by telephone so this is simply a complete irrelevance.

The Agency told me I had "15 days" until 22nd November 2017 to tax my vehicle and get my Surety Fee refunded. 7th November to 22nd November is 15 calendar days. I don't dispute that. They don't dispute that. The DVLA doesn't dispute that. There is no dispute about "calendar days" and when the clamping occurred on any one calendar day is not relevant for the purposes of calculating the 15 days' period.

Well it's pretty bad of a garage to take 15 days to do an MOT, service and repairs especially when you booked it in for the day you were clamped and had a short time scale.

Now you are suffering from omniscience. You are posting comments based on suppositions when you don't know hardly any of the facts nor seem to care much about those you should know about. My garage did NOT take 15 days to "do an MOT". I was clamped on 7th November, I was de-clamped on 8th November, so that's one lost day. I then had to let my garage take a look at my vehicle and assess it and seek my permission to go ahead with the repairs/servicing. That was another day. They then needed some parts from a VW supplier. It is only a small set-up, I admit. Is this another Sin? So what if they took a few days to do the jobs needing doing. They did them well. Then I requested an MOT and they did that too. What's the problem here - did I cause some problem in the Brexit negotiations, or your love-life?

Also it's strange that they would take this long because if they re-MOT it after 10 working days they have to pay another fee to process it on the system.
    Originally posted by takman
    Another breath-taking example of you jumping to conclusions. I only asked for an MOT when my garage had done the servicing and repairs they recommended and I accepted. No-one was in any hurry. I had 15 days. They were fine. We've known each other many years. It was no big deal. Keep your hat on, chum.
    Last edited by jh2017fc; 07-12-2017 at 5:44 PM.
    • Tarambor
    • By Tarambor 7th Dec 17, 6:25 PM
    • 1,740 Posts
    • 1,193 Thanks
    Tarambor
    Given the number of different threads there have been on this forum from people who have "just moved their car onto the road for an hour whilst they got something out of the garage" and have got caught by a passing ANPR vehicle there must be something fitted to modern cars which alert DVLA automatically. Its the only way so many people could all be so unlucky getting caught for having no road tax when they've all been doing the same thing.
    • Joe Horner
    • By Joe Horner 7th Dec 17, 6:52 PM
    • 4,164 Posts
    • 3,665 Thanks
    Joe Horner
    Given the number of different threads there have been on this forum from people who have "just moved their car onto the road for an hour whilst they got something out of the garage"...
    Originally posted by Tarambor

And there I was assuming it was down to the high quality recruitment and training the contractors apply when employing drivers
    • jh2017fc
    • By jh2017fc 7th Dec 17, 7:30 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    jh2017fc
    I gather from my local vicar that it was all sorted out at birth. It's like being left-handed or right-handed - you can't see any tell-tale signs yourself. It just feels better one way or the other. The same goes with being a "SINNER".

Every government can tell if you are a sinner and immediately you are born attaches a secret alarm signal against your name in all of its databases "Warning - Sinner".

If you get a car, then the moment you do something wrong with it and sin - which you will, they know - the alarm goes off, around comes the wheelclamper and Bosh! You're nicked, my Sinful Son.

It's the same with anything with any government regulation - TV, gas boiler, Council Tax, VAT, supporting Brexit (oooops, that's a bit of a giveaway) - you're a born sinner and as soon as it happens, and it will, your number is up.

It's so unfair
    • angrycrow
    • By angrycrow 7th Dec 17, 7:42 PM
    • 405 Posts
    • 307 Thanks
    angrycrow
    Sorry but I am not buying the "I had only just moved it onto the road when it was clamped" story either.

My dodgy neighbour was driving around uninsured and untaxed for weeks with no one stopping him or clamping his car which was parked on the public road. However 12 hours after somebody tipped off the police to the uninsured status of his car the car was sat in the police impound. Are you sure you had not upset one of your neighbours.
    • jh2017fc
    • By jh2017fc 7th Dec 17, 7:52 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    jh2017fc
    When you're a born sinner, you have to accept that those who are "holier than thou" (as they are known), will constantly try and trip you up, grass you up and chip away at you as you struggle through Life seeking the path of the Righteous and the Blessed.

Nothing gives them greater pleasure than to hurl stones at sinners, and watch as we stumble and fall - again.

We get up, brush ourselves down, shape up and press feebly onwards, we, the wretched and accursed sinners. Oh Woe, Woe, and thrice Woe (is that enough Woes?)
    • takman
    • By takman 7th Dec 17, 7:57 PM
    • 2,884 Posts
    • 2,402 Thanks
    takman

Now you are suffering from omniscience. You are posting comments based on suppositions when you don't know hardly any of the facts nor seem to care much about those you should know about. My garage did NOT take 15 days to "do an MOT". I was clamped on 7th November, I was de-clamped on 8th November, so that's one lost day. I then had to let my garage take a look at my vehicle and assess it and seek my permission to go ahead with the repairs/servicing. That was another day. They then needed some parts from a VW supplier. It is only a small set-up, I admit. Is this another Sin? So what if they took a few days to do the jobs needing doing. They did them well. Then I requested an MOT and they did that too. What's the problem here - did I cause some problem in the Brexit negotiations, or your love-life?

Another breath-taking example of you jumping to conclusions. I only asked for an MOT when my garage had done the servicing and repairs they recommended and I accepted. No-one was in any hurry. I had 15 days. They were fine. We've known each other many years. It was no big deal. Keep your hat on, chum.
    So you knew you that you needed an MOT to be able to tax the vehicle but you and the garage went about it with a very relaxed attitude. The situation doesn't bother me one bit, i just hope that your relaxed attitude to getting the MOT done was worth 160.

I think the lesson here is that leaving things to the last minute is usually a bad idea. But if you want to blame the situation on "being born a sinner" then that's up to you .
    • jh2017fc
    • By jh2017fc 7th Dec 17, 8:24 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    jh2017fc
    So you knew you that you needed an MOT to be able to tax the vehicle but you and the garage went about it with a very relaxed attitude. The situation doesn't bother me one bit, i just hope that your relaxed attitude to getting the MOT done was worth 160.

I think the lesson here is that leaving things to the last minute is usually a bad idea. But if you want to blame the situation on "being born a sinner" then that's up to you .
    Originally posted by takman
    You've got a right old bee in your bonnet about my MOT, haven't you. Perhaps you would permit me to make this crystal clear to you. When my vehicle was clamped for being an unlicensed vehicle, it had a valid MOT.

My inquiry on this site, my first ever, and almost certainly my last, had nothing whatsoever to do with MOT. The whole thing - the wheelclamp, the fine, the tax, the surety fee, none of it had anything to do with MOT.

The MOT matter was entirely coincidental. My vehicle was soon going to need a new MOT.

Coincidental to that my car - in my view, needed a service. It was approaching 80,000 miles on the clock. I thought it could do with one. I knew the MOT was coming up on it as well, so I thought I'd get things sorted. And I have admitted that I was aware that it was unlicensed and I was going to have to get that sorted out as well.

The rest is history - I got it serviced, some repairs were done, the MOT was issued, and the tax paid for a year. I have also been fined for not keeping it taxed. And I have paid all of the unpaid back tax of a couple of months whilst it was in the garage. And I have acepted my Guilt for this in full without any excuse.

In this unhappy story I thought I was mugged by the government for 160 for the refundable surety fee, but I was not sure. I thought I would come onto this site and seek the advice of all of you.

I am most grateful for those of you who have been kind enough to offer your advice without throwing moral brickbats at me, but I am surprised at those of you have refused to address my questions and instead chose to try and rebuke me and taunt me and insinuate that I got what I deserved as the piece of scum that I am.

And then there have been those like yourself who are clearly so thick that you just can't operate as an intelligent human being, merely as a knee-jerk troll on your keyboard.

I'm signing off now. When I get a final decision on this from the DVLA and/or the Courts, I'll inform the website. For the rest of it, I'll bid my farewells and move swiftly on with a very deep sigh of relief.
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 7th Dec 17, 8:59 PM
    • 3,967 Posts
    • 2,951 Thanks
    sheramber
    if the MOT didn't run out until after it was in the garage ( post 25) why did you not tax it with the existing MOT right away?

Seems odd to wait.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,599Posts Today

7,478Users online

Martin's Twitter