Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ozzy2017
    • By Ozzy2017 6th Dec 17, 9:32 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Ozzy2017
    Tax Credit Check
    • 6th Dec 17, 9:32 PM
    Tax Credit Check 6th Dec 17 at 9:32 PM
    Hi. I just wanted to know if anyone has been through anything similar please. I had a letter in November telling me they were checking my childcare entitlements. I replied back saying that I had inform them by letter that I no longer paid for childcare. I got a letter back saying I need to provide evidence of my children's childcare that I had been paying. I answered them back saying I no longer had the bills or receipts as I had thrown them (stupid of me I know). So I contacted the old childcare (which we didn't leave things on a good note...another story). They were horrible to me. I sent them a recorded letter which I took a pic of for the tax credits and I didn't hear anything back from the childcare. The tax credits didn't hear anything back either from the childcare. As I can't prove to hmrc what I paid they have stopped my money(which I accept).
    They have now closed the case but what I'm worried about is that hmrc might take me to court. I have 3 kids and I'm pregnant with our 4th.I have spoken to hmrc online and they have said they are taking no further action. But there is something niggling in me! Am I over reacting?

Sorry to go on but I have never experienced this before.

A very worried mum x.
Page 1
    • Darksparkle
    • By Darksparkle 6th Dec 17, 9:41 PM
    • 4,691 Posts
    • 2,971 Thanks
    Darksparkle
    • 6th Dec 17, 9:41 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 9:41 PM
    They rarely take anyone to court.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,062Posts Today

6,394Users online

Martin's Twitter