Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • PuddingCup
    • By PuddingCup 6th Dec 17, 9:07 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    PuddingCup
    Debt Meltdown
    • 6th Dec 17, 9:07 PM
    Debt Meltdown 6th Dec 17 at 9:07 PM
    Hi Everyone,

So I have come to the realisation I can't hide from this or flow month to month and just hope for the best anymore.
    I am in a huge amount of debt, with a very bleak outlook. It has gotten to the point where I just don't know what to do and I feel like I can't cope. I don't sleep properly, I have put on loads of weight, I'm tired all the time from not sleeping and seem to ALWAYS have a stress headache!

I'm very aware this is my own fault and I want to move forward with my life, I just seem to get started in it (contacting debtors, starting a spreadsheet, checking my bank etc) and then run and hide because I just can't see an end to it at the moment!

I have got so many good things coming up, I need to get out of this funk, get it sorted and live my life!

I know I sound so self involved and sorry for myself, I just need to get it off my chest

Christmas being round the corner is going to make this very hard, but I want to have everything in place so that when I get paid in January it can begin and everything can start looking up!!

If anyone has any advice or helpful hints please let me know!!

Pud
    If you do what you always did, you will get what you always got
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 6th Dec 17, 9:24 PM
    • 12,664 Posts
    • 11,993 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 6th Dec 17, 9:24 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 9:24 PM
    Hi,

Welcome to the forums.

No matter how bleak things may seem, there is always a solution.

Why not post up your SOA (statement of affairs) and we’ll see what can be done.

http://www.stoozing.com/calculator/soa.php
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • PuddingCup
    • By PuddingCup 6th Dec 17, 9:48 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    PuddingCup
    • 6th Dec 17, 9:48 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 9:48 PM
    Thank you

I will be going through paper work and bank statements this evening so will start getting my SOA together.

If I have contacted the debt agencies previously and then done nothing with their reply are they likely to be less accommodating to the situation?
    If you do what you always did, you will get what you always got
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 6th Dec 17, 9:50 PM
    • 12,664 Posts
    • 11,993 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 6th Dec 17, 9:50 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 9:50 PM
    Thank you

I will be going through paper work and bank statements this evening so will start getting my SOA together.

If I have contacted the debt agencies previously and then done nothing with their reply are they likely to be less accommodating to the situation?
    Originally posted by PuddingCup
    Wouldn’t worry about it mate, they realise these things take time to decide on the right solution.

Time an tide an all that.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • tealady
    • By tealady 7th Dec 17, 5:28 AM
    • 2,736 Posts
    • 3,231 Thanks
    tealady
    • 7th Dec 17, 5:28 AM
    • 7th Dec 17, 5:28 AM
    Hi
    Once you know what you have coming in and going out you will be able to start tackling this.
    If you are going to take advice make sure it is free (Stepchange, Christians Against Poverty are two this site recommends).
    If you post your SOA then people (like Sourcrates) can help you get on track.
    Don't feel discouraged if it looks as the problem will take a while to resolve, just keep plodding on, loads of us on here have been in debt and come out the other side.
    Proud to be an MSE nerd
    Judge people by their achievements, not by their mistakes
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 7th Dec 17, 7:57 AM
    • 11,638 Posts
    • 8,772 Thanks
    fatbelly
    • 7th Dec 17, 7:57 AM
    • 7th Dec 17, 7:57 AM
    For impartial advice I recommend National Debtline and Citizens Advice

For debt management without a fee I recommend stepchange and payplan.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,016Posts Today

9,496Users online

Martin's Twitter