Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • queenmedusa
    • By queenmedusa 6th Dec 17, 7:24 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 17Thanks
    queenmedusa
    Best supplier for Economy 7?
    • 6th Dec 17, 7:24 PM
    Best supplier for Economy 7? 6th Dec 17 at 7:24 PM
    I've recently moved into a rented flat which has Economy 7. There are 2 night storage heaters but apart from that the only things in use at night are the boiler, phone charger, alarm clock and fridge/freezer. I'm at work during the day when the unit prices are higher but the night usage is ridiculous and I've managed to rack up about £37 cost in the first 2 weeks.

The previous tenants were signed up to Utility Warehouse, who I'm now with as I've yet to find a better tariff than the one I'm on. Despite comparison sites telling me otherwise I've not found any cheaper supplier but I'm wondering if anyone else knows different. The customer service that I've received with UW is questionable, I'm not sure my personal data is safe with them after my bank account details (submitted when asked for them to set up DD) were not recorded on their system. I've also read some pretty horrendous reviews so on the main UW thread so it's not a good start.

As I'm only renting, hopefully just for 6 months, I don't want to make any massive changes but want to ensure I'm getting best value for money at the same time (and not with a company whose integrity I already doubt!) Any suggestions welcomed.

Follow up: I've just looked at Ebico, who appear ideal, except I'd need to use less than 60% of my electricity at night to use their 'Night Owl' tariff and at the moment my night use is 89%!
    Last edited by queenmedusa; 06-12-2017 at 7:53 PM.
Page 1
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 7th Dec 17, 8:19 AM
    • 3,863 Posts
    • 1,534 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 7th Dec 17, 8:19 AM
    • 7th Dec 17, 8:19 AM
    I've recently moved into a rented flat which has Economy 7. There are 2 night storage heaters but apart from that the only things in use at night are the boiler, phone charger, alarm clock and fridge/freezer. I'm at work during the day when the unit prices are higher but the night usage is ridiculous and I've managed to rack up about £37 cost in the first 2 weeks.

The previous tenants were signed up to Utility Warehouse, who I'm now with as I've yet to find a better tariff than the one I'm on. Despite comparison sites telling me otherwise I've not found any cheaper supplier but I'm wondering if anyone else knows different. The customer service that I've received with UW is questionable, I'm not sure my personal data is safe with them after my bank account details (submitted when asked for them to set up DD) were not recorded on their system. I've also read some pretty horrendous reviews so on the main UW thread so it's not a good start.

As I'm only renting, hopefully just for 6 months, I don't want to make any massive changes but want to ensure I'm getting best value for money at the same time (and not with a company whose integrity I already doubt!) Any suggestions welcomed.

Follow up: I've just looked at Ebico, who appear ideal, except I'd need to use less than 60% of my electricity at night to use their 'Night Owl' tariff and at the moment my night use is 89%!
    Originally posted by queenmedusa
    Please post your anticipated annual consumption in kWh, what percentage of that annually will be used at low rate, and the first part of your postcode.

If you do not know your anticipated annual consumption in kWh, consult a comparison site and allow it to estimate the values for you.

(The EPC may give you an indication of the figures)

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,986Posts Today

10,224Users online

Martin's Twitter