Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tygermoth
    • By Tygermoth 6th Dec 17, 7:08 PM
    • 1,295Posts
    • 2,617Thanks
    Tygermoth
    worth the effort over a gift card........?
    • 6th Dec 17, 7:08 PM
    worth the effort over a gift card........? 6th Dec 17 at 7:08 PM
    Long story short - A member of staff in a large well known retailer did something wildly inappropriate in store. A manager witnessed and intervened, apologised and advised he would involve head office.

Head office duly called me, apologised again - advised of an outcome I was happy with then offered a gift card. Wasn't expecting this but was rather pleased as it was £50 and with Christmas coming it would be great.

Except they haven't sent it. I have a email confirming the offer but department who sent the offer has been outsourced now everytime i call i get fobbed off, run around in circles or promised that someone who knows will get back to me.

i am in two minds:

i wasn't expect it so let it go.

Full tactical - letter to HO with letter before action

what do you all think?
    Please note I have a cognitive disability - as such my wording can be a bit off, muddled, misspelt or in some cases i can miss out some words totally...
Page 1
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 6th Dec 17, 7:16 PM
    • 11,435 Posts
    • 7,712 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 6th Dec 17, 7:16 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 7:16 PM
    Could you facebook/tweet them and do the sandwich approach......thanks for the incredibly generous offer of the gift card/it hasn't arrived/I can't wait to spend it on your lovely items.....
    • Tygermoth
    • By Tygermoth 7th Dec 17, 5:59 AM
    • 1,295 Posts
    • 2,617 Thanks
    Tygermoth
    • 7th Dec 17, 5:59 AM
    • 7th Dec 17, 5:59 AM
    Ohhh what a good idea - i'm not a social network user on the whole but this would be a great middle ground.

Thank you! this would have never occurred to me
    Please note I have a cognitive disability - as such my wording can be a bit off, muddled, misspelt or in some cases i can miss out some words totally...
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 7th Dec 17, 10:36 AM
    • 10,294 Posts
    • 7,223 Thanks
    neilmcl
    • 7th Dec 17, 10:36 AM
    • 7th Dec 17, 10:36 AM
    Full tactical - letter to HO with letter before action

what do you all think?
    Originally posted by Tygermoth
    LBA for what exactly, a goodwill gesture of a gift card, not sure that's going to work.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

150Posts Today

1,912Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin